My Father was admitted to ICU with a terminal brain tumor

-

trapster

Reaction score
Dad has been battling a massive outbreak of cancer (melanoma) over the last 9,10 months, it has invaded his brain again and there is nothing they can do. Two weeks ago he was walking and talking then he had a seizure, he mostly recovered from but since then he has been steadily getting worse.

Yesterday he couldn't walk or talk but was aware and conscious. He had another massive seizure and now is pretty much unconscious in ICU on life support.

There is no cure, and no chance of a meaningful recovery, barring some kind of miracle this is going to kill him.

I will miss him and pray for a peaceful end. He would be 85 in October.

You never know how much time you have left on this earth cherish every moment, love when you can, laugh, and live.
Don't waste your time on the unimportant things, don't wait to live, don't put off important things for the future that may never come. My two year old will never know what a great man his grandfather was, at least not directly.

I have included a couple of pictures of he and I putting a 273 in my first car (a 63 ) in the mid 80's.

The donor 69 valiant is in the background.

Attachments

• 1985_2980.jpg
    161.5 KB · Views: 495
  • 1985_3010.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 485
Man that's rough. My condolences to you and your family. You and yours will be in our thoughts and prayers.

My condolances.Love the pictures,reimds me of my mentors,God bless.

I am sorry to hear this. I went thru the same thing with my mother a year and a half ago. You have the right thoughts to hold on to who they were and remember the good times that you had together. These are things that can not be replaced. My thoughts will be with you. You are right that we never now how much time we have with our families and loved ones.

God will be with you all every step of the way. Lean on him for strength and comfort. Prayers sent. Mike

Sorry to hear of this! Thanks for posting the pics, I especially like the 1st one. My condolensces to your entire family. Although Im having a great time with my Dad working on his car, its tough to see how much he has slowed down.
I pray there is no suffering for your dad.

Prayers being sent for your father and your family. Thank you for sharing the photos of your and your Dad together. Time is having it's way with all of us.

Thoughts and prayers- I only wish these days my dad and I had a close relationship. The older he gets the more distant he gets, and my older daughter worships the ground he walks on, but he never even calls her (and she is a 'gifted' kid who achieves a lot). They live 35-40 miles away, in 7 years he has been to our house twice.

Take care, hope for the best

prayers sent .. Im not sure what i can say to help . But We lost my grandpaw that way . I Know how your feeling . God bless your whole famliy

So sorry for this tragic news. You are a brave son to share this with us.
My Deepest sympathy for you and your family. Stay strong for them.
Take care.

Thoughts and prayers for your family. You and your dad have a special relationship, something you will cherrish forever and never lose. God bless.

It sounds like you and your father have a special relationship. Your family will be in my prayers.

So sorry about your Dad. I hope that you will cherish your time with him. Stay strong, my prayers will be with you.

-
Back