My first attemp - 69 Dart Project

-

SB69GTS

Reaction score
As the title states, this will be my first attempt at restoring a car from the ground up. I purchased the dart a couple of years back and began the tear down and had to put it on hold till this year when more time was avaliable.
I will try to post pics and progress gradually as time allows to bring you up to date on this project. I am hoping to count on the FABO members here as I my ask dumb questions espescially on putting it back together again ....lol...think it was easier taking her apart then putting back together. So here it goes.....

Attachments

• 2800.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 265
  • 2801.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 264
  • 2802.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 240
  • 2803.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 236
SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSweet what are the plans paint,engine you know what I MEAN.Were in Ontario are you.:burnout:

Car looks great, tell us more about it, how far are you into the teardown?

Back together is harder for sure. At least for me, I used the "I'll remember what these are for" method on a few to many parts...

Joe

Hi.. Nice starting platform.

I've started my first car project too, it's also a 69.
Feel free to reach out and I'll try to help if I can.

Have fun! :D

Bag,N,Tag every part you can!Looks like a great car to start with and the only way to learn...hands on.:D

SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSweet what are the plans paint,engine you know what I MEAN.Were in Ontario are you.:burnout:
Will be looking for a 340 or 408 for it, have the 8.75 rear and got a hold of a modified 727 with the reverse pattern and deep pan from a member here, the purist may not love me cause the car will not be returned to stock ....hemi orange will be the colour with a aar 6 pak hood and a custom console and seats. Wish there were some fabo members closer as I live near Thunder Bay, Ontario

Bag,N,Tag every part you can!Looks like a great car to start with and the only way to learn...hands on.:D

Oh yes, all items in zip loc bags, sealed and labelled .... big parts like rad, shocks and seats ...not ....lol......but I think I have that covered

Well, i for one do the ask dumb questions as i learn as i go. Always helpfull here.....Great car and like the plans. Your car your plans:burnout:Good luck, BTW i think there are a few members up your way

Digital photos of every thing prior to disassembly and during if it comes apart in steps, tag and bag everything. You'll be fine, the first one is always kinda difficult but it always pays off in the end. Putting it back together is the tedious part [not scratching anything] use plenty of blue tape on edges and have help with bulky/clumsy parts. The main thing is don't get discouraged or in a hurry both of those things lead to disaster or loss of interest, have fun and enjoy your project!!!!

This car looks very similar to my 69 Dart. If you need anything in particular as you work on your project let me know because I am taking different parts off of mine. I have the full set of fender shoulder trim if you decide to keep that on your car.

-
Back