My first car 72 Scamp

-
Yeah that’s a ton of work to get it clean!!! You’re a better man than me lol. Yep I’m with ya man. Put it on hold. Enjoy what the kids enjoy.

Reading your story is what I had always dreamed about with my old car. You may look back wish a few things could have been different or a little better here or there but you have a great story and a great car! You have memories with your car and I’m still dreaming of mine! Lol You did great!!!

Reading your story is what I had always dreamed about with my old car. You may look back wish a few things could have been different or a little better here or there but you have a great story and a great car! You have memories with your car and I’m still dreaming of mine! Lol You did great!!!

Thanks man. I appreciate it. Yep, the memories are the driving force behind keeping it going. Like I said before, if it wasn’t running and painted when I got it, I don’t know that it would be today. You’ll get yours done and enjoy it. Especially with that modern Gen Hemi.

Thanks man. I appreciate it. Yep, the memories are the driving force behind keeping it going. Like I said before, if it wasn’t running and painted when I got it, I don’t know that it would be today. You’ll get yours done and enjoy it. Especially with that modern Gen Hemi.

Even the Genlll Hemi swap is outdated these days! It’s an old XV kit from back in the day... Idles and revs good!! Lol

F71DE0EC-352C-41AC-B48F-0C4696E3BFF6.jpeg

Supposed to be a video of it running...Guess you can’t upload videos like that...

Even the Genlll Hemi swap is outdated these days! It’s an old XV kit from back in the day... Idles and revs good!! Lol

View attachment 1715721702
Supposed to be a video of it running...Guess you can’t upload videos like that...

Lol it’s hard to keep up with technology. I still see new engine and think cool.

You got a great story and a great car! I love the color!

Cley

Thank you! I actually never liked gold on cars but when I saw it I felt this was the car. I like gold on the a bodies. Walked up and there was the for sale sign.

Right for sure. I don’t push hard for them to like cars because everyone has their own thing. That’s awesome! What a great car to take to school! Slant 6 or V8?
Originally a slant car, but my brother was in the middle of transforming it into a 340 clone. Now has a 360, very solid under carriage. His second day of driving it to school, I get a call from an undercover cop, saying " tell him to behave", last warning! That opened his eyes and was a good lesson to learn early on !! He's already made a ton of memories with his " friends" in the car from the stories I've over heard. Lol.

Originally a slant car, but my brother was in the middle of transforming it into a 340 clone. Now has a 360, very solid under carriage. His second day of driving it to school, I get a call from an undercover cop, saying " tell him to behave", last warning! That opened his eyes and was a good lesson to learn early on !! He's already made a ton of memories with his " friends" in the car from the stories I've over heard. Lol.
Haha that’s so awesome.

Such a great story. The first A-Body my family had was a 72 318 Scamp with a 3-speed. It jump started my love for them. I really like the front end styling. Funny thing, ours was already a rust bucket by 1984 thanks to salted KS roads.

I now have a 72 Swinger with the same interior as yours. Is yours original? It's in beautiful shape like the rest of your car.

Glad you have kept and maintained this gem!

Such a great story. The first A-Body my family had was a 72 318 Scamp with a 3-speed. It jump started my love for them. I really like the front end styling. Funny thing, ours was already a rust bucket by 1984 thanks to salted KS roads.

I now have a 72 Swinger with the same interior as yours. Is yours original? It's in beautiful shape like the rest of your car.

Glad you have kept and maintained this gem!

Mine is a Kansas car but was kept in one family until sold to us. I don’t know that it’s ever seen salt. So the only thing I’ve done to the interior is the front seat backs. Rest is all original.

I was originally looking at swingers when I set out to get a car. Just happened upon a scamp instead. What color is yours?

Man, what a fantastic history lesson. Your car is beautiful and the fact that your boys have anything to do with it at all is a miracle these days. Keep on cruising.

Great story and really nice lookin Scamp!

Mine is a Kansas car but was kept in one family until sold to us. I don’t know that it’s ever seen salt. So the only thing I’ve done to the interior is the front seat backs. Rest is all original.

I was originally looking at swingers when I set out to get a car. Just happened upon a scamp instead. What color is yours?

F3 Green this one was an Iowa car.

163283965_10222665284854880_6210007875137381943_n.jpg

Radio delete plate arrived today. Found an NOS one on eBay. I think for 71-72? From my understanding 73+ was filled in at the bezel and there weren’t any plates but I could be wrong. This will go well with my heat and ac delete. Just need to paint it.

4BA66FF8-C53A-4D2C-9D51-93CF4ACDEE3B.jpeg

9939E194-A5BC-4D85-9D26-14A0E0582880.jpeg

F7A2E8B4-6591-4F92-B094-3FB336DF4A1E.jpeg

Great story. Love the pictures. I can totally relate. I still have my first car, bought when I was 15, although we were separated for a few years(see my build thread). Having kids definitely is challenging balancing the time. I spend most of my time after everyone goes to bed (on the weekends). My resto-mod has been in the works since '13.

Great story. Love the pictures. I can totally relate. I still have my first car, bought when I was 15, although we were separated for a few years(see my build thread). Having kids definitely is challenging balancing the time. I spend most of my time after everyone goes to bed (on the weekends). My resto-mod has been in the works since '13.

thanks man! I’ve been looking for your thread and can’t find it. I ended up reading @DentalDart post thinking it was yours. Which was still a cool read lol.

New power steering pump put on. I’ve had one used one, two remanned, and this is first brand new one. Nothing but issues with these for years. Last time I changed it, I put on the March performance pulley as the steel one was bent. It had to be honed out to fit the shaft. Then pressed on. Well I didn’t have the right puller so I had the shop I use for my daily drivers pull one. Stripped the threads it was on so tight. Drill 3 holes. Tap. Pulled it off. Marred the pulley a bit. The guy felt pretty terrible because he knows my car and I’m particular. Had to hone it more to get on new pump. Pressed it on. I said don’t worry about it, it sits at the bottom of the bay. He wouldn’t let me pay him for the frustration and work he had to do. I’m not upset. Got it all back on and seems fine. Idled fine and no longer making a squalling noise. I couldn’t find my 5 year old receipt for the old remanned one so it went into the trash never to be seen again lol. And as you can see, sharpie and positioning in the bay, no one will know the difference.

A420243D-309B-4932-92B3-917E7D589781.jpeg

4FA66F6C-6C3A-4557-94DE-ADDBC4138661.jpeg

49A33F6D-7760-4056-91E1-E51D34C8D726.jpeg

-
Back