My fuel system upgrades

-

younggun2.0

Reaction score
when i first plumbed the car i purchased a kit from summit. it came with the pump, filer regulator and gauge. Well it was all **** except the pump. the filter canister leaked no matter what i did. the regulator was all over the place and the gauge leaked from day one. so i bit the bullet and stepped up to some quality stuff.

my new pressure regulator and gauges.

DSCN0332_zps11334b3a.jpg

the new float bowls with sight windows

DSCN0333_zps178c8e7e.jpg

and the new canister filter.

DSCN0335_zps236d0c7e.jpg

and my new throttle cable assembly.

DSCN0334_zps8caaa133.jpg

do you have a part number for that throttle cable bracket? did you have to do any "modifications" to it to make that lokar cable fit? is there one with a kickdown mount available?

do you have a part number for that throttle cable bracket? did you have to do any "modifications" to it to make that lokar cable fit? is there one with a kickdown mount available?

it is just the summit brand throttle cable bracket. you have to order the throttle cable stop seperate for the lokar cable. not sure about the kick down cable set up. my trans has a manual valve body because i didnt want to mess with the kick down.

do you have a part number for that throttle cable bracket? did you have to do any "modifications" to it to make that Lokar cable fit? is there one with a kick-down mount available?

not to hijack, but Trick Flow makes a bracket that has both throttle and kick-down for Lokar.

younggun, your setup looks kickass! I love the billet exit on the firewall for the wiring. Do you have any pics of the inside wiring? Coil/MSD etc?

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/tfs-20000/overview/

vbpgimage.php

not to hijack, but Trick Flow makes a bracket that has both throttle and kick-down for Lokar.

younggun, your setup looks kickass! I love the billet exit on the firewall for the wiring. Do you have any pics of the inside wiring? Coil/MSD etc?

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/tfs-20000/overview/

vbpgimage.php

here are the pics of my wiring that you asked about. all of my wiring is under the dash. only have 3 wire in the engine bay and they will be hidden soon also.

wireinstall024_zps2b21dff6.jpg

wireinstall023_zps4fbf67ba.jpg

junctionbox2001_zps424639f5.jpg

wireinstall002_zpscb76c818.jpg

Younggun, That looks awesome.... Nice job!

thank you very much! that is what a month out of my life looks like, lol. I have never in my life done any wiring of any kind other than installing a cd player. It was a learning experience and this site and its members really carried me thru the project.

Great job!
My head just exploded---I sat here trying to think of how I could have done my build with just THREE wires in the engine bay!!!
:banghead:
Andrew

Attachments

• Photo574A.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 180
  • Photo581A.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 166
WOW!!! That is nice! For a first time wiring I'd say you did really well.

My setup is similar with my 6AL on the inside of the firewall, but a sort of wiring fiasco otherwise under there and in need of re-doing. Is your harness stock otherwise? Can you explain the setup on the other two panels, the one with the starter relay and the other with just a relay box. Also, how and where did you connect your main battery feed?

Sorry for all the questions but I really need to fix mine and yours looks like a great example to follow.

Thanks, Bill

WOW!!! That is nice! For a first time wiring I'd say you did really well.

My setup is similar with my 6AL on the inside of the firewall, but a sort of wiring fiasco otherwise under there and in need of re-doing. Is your harness stock otherwise? Can you explain the setup on the other two panels, the one with the starter relay and the other with just a relay box. Also, how and where did you connect your main battery feed?

Sorry for all the questions but I really need to fix mine and yours looks like a great example to follow.

Thanks, Bill

I ripped all the wiring out of my car. bumper to bumper. i have aftermarket gauges that are mech. and have no radio or heater. i installed a painless kit. the mount with the voltage reg. and the starter relay also has a positive and ground junction point. the little black boxes open up to a copper buss bar inside. i have a 4ga. power wire that feeds the positive junction box straight from the battery in the trunk. the negative box is grounded to the inside kick panel then goes all the way back to the battery negative ground as well. I have the fuse box powered off this line as well as my ignition and accessory's. I have a 1/0 positive cable going from the battery straight to the starter positive lug. my alt charge post goes to the starter lug as well. so i have isolated my start and charge circuits from the rest of the wiring.

-
Back