My hood with hemi hood scoop complete

-

72moparswinger

Reaction score
Hey guys so here is my hood with the scoop painted just need to be put on the car.

Front clip is still apart cause might as well do it right and remove all the old underbody coating that's just gross looking to a car guy.

1z.jpg

Did the same,for my 72 Scamp.What did you shoot,paintwise?Looks really nice.

Thanks, and it's black epoxy primer for now. I will do the hood and tops of the fenders satin black when I finish the rest of the car this winter.

Wow really? That epoxy primer looks as nice as satin black. Are you going to paint sides of fenders body color?
Also what color green is that?

I'm thinkin' about roundin' up another hood just so I got the guts to do that!!

My painter layed it out real nice. And yeah the fenders will be green on the sides like it was before I did them. I think it's called Fiesta Green Poly, it has a flake in it. Im looking at a factory color chart and its the closest color of green, My car has had one respray in its life since I bought it from the orginal owner

I'm thinkin' about roundin' up another hood just so I got the guts to do that!!

Once you cut the hole there is no turning back haha, It took lots of thinking to do it ( a entire year) before pulling the trigger. Im goin to find another hood for winter driving

Yeah I bought some 3/8 stainless steel tubing and going to cut to fit and run a bolt with a tapered alan head through the tubing with fender washers so it won't dig into the fiberglass and through the hood with a nut on the bottom with a fender washer

Real nice. Something about an A body with a hemi scoop that really gets my blood pumping !

Seeing threads like this (and there is many) makes me think about removing my /6 8-)

Very nice work and well thought out, like you I would have to remove all the under coating when and if I ever go this direction :coffee2:
Congratulations on some great work behind you :cheers: well dun sir :thumleft:

Hey that scoop looks good! Do you have a thread / photos on how you went about the installation of the scoop?

My car came with a spare hood and a scoop similar to yours; it is from "Year One" but has not been installed yet.

Mine has metal brackets all the way around the perimeter to attach to hood (weld - rivet?)

Thanks

Mark

My hood scoop is trimmed and sunk a little into the hood after cutting the triangle out of the hood to allow airflow into the motor. My scoop is fiberglass/ bondo mix flushed in for bein unnoticeable. It is welded also under neath to L shaped small brackets fiberglassed into the underside of the scoop

looks good
have you got any pictures of you putting it on and what all you done to mold it in?
is it a small block and did you center the air filter?
we are about to put the same scoop on so any advice would be good

Nice job! They look sooo much better molded into the hood, than just simply bolted on.

Thanks guys for the compliments. As for advice, the scoop is flexible so it helps with the install, if it has the brackets L shape molded into the scoop tack them for anchoring, then can use bondo/fiberglass mix for flushing it smooth. Measure more than twice to be certain it's straight. I have not centered my air cleaner but it's a K&N top feed on so no need.

-
Back