my kind of CAN DO attitude

-

Princess Valiant

A.K.A. Rainy Day Auto
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I like when people come up with creative and effective ways to get stuff done.

Way to be an AmeriCAN not an AmeriCan't

I am going to try this

Last edited by a moderator:
Where on earth does one buy a 9' long shoelace? ;-)

probably from the woman's side of the shoe store ....lace up boots or heels will take that much shoe lace length easy. The really tall "milkshake" heels take even more if I recall.

Besides the point......I am going to try to polish a crank after seeing that video .....the more I can do at home and less send out the better. thought it might help some out.

Attachments

• schutz-sailfish-slate-lace-up-heel-product-2-14583777-981791239_large_flex.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 179
  • $_1.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 183
We used the same concept back in the early 70's except we used clothes line , never tried it on one that bad but used to clean up the journals like that.

Can use leather cord what's it called and very fine emry cloth. Anyways people used to do stuff like this back in the old days.

And, uh, yuh, uh, and uh so. The filler words are killing me!

One word: Toastmasters!

Nice trick!

Can use leather cord what's it called and very fine emry cloth. Anyways people used to do stuff like this back in the old days.

Some of us were doing that in the 70s. Just wait a miniute..... and the old farts will tell ya they were doing it in the 60s. I don't remember where I learned that trick. We used to do that, mic the journals, and slap in some bearings. Re-lap the valves and good to go another few years. We called it engine rebuilding.

I have been doing that with 400 grit emery cloth for decades. Works well.

I did it on the Ford 400 short block I just built. Crank was std on the high side so I just polished it up.

I did it on the Ford 400 short block I just built. Crank was std on the high side so I just polished it up.

you ought to see what they do to 20 foot long pipeline engine cranks, that might run 30 yrs before a teardown ! and how the bearings are fit to them .:D

you ought to see what they do to 20 foot long pipeline engine cranks, that might run 30 yrs before a teardown ! and how the bearings are fit to them .:D

Quite frankly Bob, that would be awesome to watch ,& learn...

Not a substitute for a good machine shop but it does work.

-
Back