My last post here

-

FASTBACK340

Legandary Member
Legendary Member
Reaction score
After 1,500+ posts here I feel like this board is being handled by an outsider. I don't need someone who doesn't even OWN a Chrysler product running things and making promises and so on & so forth.... We all have to deal with corporate-style crap in our professional lives. I don't need it in my hobby.

I'll be at MOPARSA2Z.COM See ya there.............. *

Thats nice....don't let the door hit ya on the way out.....like I care lol!@

Alright guys, lets be nice.

For those who dont know whats going on, there were alot of changes made this spring when I sold the site to Joey. Some people liked them, others didnt.

With 1500+ post,one would say you liked it here and enjoyed help others.I would assume that you enjoyed it here and the people too.As far as I am concerned,I would not leave because of some minor changes or one person does not see your piont of view,every one has the right to say that the sky is green, white, or blue.Its not like we are making judgements on human life here,its helping fellow mopar people.Can a owner/site master be wrong,for sure,and so can the person looking in on the site for info.I say the people involve call each other and settle the problem,then flush the whole thing and turn the page,and life goes on,again,Mrmopartech

Jesus John, don't go. You add a lot to this site. I always enjoy reading your posts, but i also understand that you gotta do what you gotta do.

Keep on keepin on

Watched an old episode of the Soprano's last night where Christopher and Pauly 'Walnuts" were standed in a broken down van near a wooded area. Pauly lost his shoe in the snow bank and walked to the highway with just the one shoe. He froze his *** off.

Later on, Christopher was busting Paulys balls at the dinner table and just wouldn't let up. Pauly was ready to kill him.

Sound familiar??? Only difference is they were able to bury the hatchet.

Giovanni:

You've provided some real detailed pics and tons of good info since day one. I looked forward to to reading yor posts.

Gonna miss your sense of humour.

Hope you can work things out.

Jim

Re-exposure of DSC055851.jpg

i understand john's feelings. the site did change, and the change wasn't bad, as a site. but the drive in the site is gone and the feel is different. way different. it's not from the people, but more underlying. before, this site was like a summertime beach party. now, it's more like a beachfront hotel in mid to late fall. sure there's some fun, and you can hang out with people on the beach, but the FEEL of it just isn't the same.

some of us knew it when the change was announced, and expressed our concerns. we did understand the difficulties and hardships of the previous owner, but were being foresightful that the change would do this. it was also kind of like the mom-and-pop parts store that was bought by O'Reilly's. sure, the building was the same (except the new paint job), and the people were the same, but the store felt different. i didn't like going there anymore.

Im kinda with you......Its not the same round here......
green67cuda said:
i understand john's feelings. the site did change, and the change wasn't bad, as a site. but the drive in the site is gone and the feel is different. way different. it's not from the people, but more underlying. before, this site was like a summertime beach party. now, it's more like a beachfront hotel in mid to late fall. sure there's some fun, and you can hang out with people on the beach, but the FEEL of it just isn't the same.

some of us knew it when the change was announced, and expressed our concerns. we did understand the difficulties and hardships of the previous owner, but were being foresightful that the change would do this. it was also kind of like the mom-and-pop parts store that was bought by O'Reilly's. sure, the building was the same (except the new paint job), and the people were the same, but the store felt different. i didn't like going there anymore.

I like the place and don't want to cause any trouble so let me apologize right off the bat here. I really like it here and love the layout of the site. I wasn't here before the change so I persoannly don't know how it was then. The problem I see is that this is a mopar site specifically A bodies of course. But on the Text Links you have Lincoln vs Cadillac Forums, Donate a Car, Lincolns of Distinction, Motorcycle Forum, Florida Traffic School, Buy Annuity.

I know that you have you own a Lincoln site and I think that is cool. I have my own VW Beetle site www.aircooledbeetles.com. But I don't have links on them for say Porsche or BMW. The theme here is Mopars and it should be Mopar. I think alot of people have a problem with owner of this site is for A Bodies Only but his profile his home page is for http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com.

Like I said I not causing any trouble but showing one person point of view.

Just my view...
Guys, I really feel this is a pretty grown up site compaired to some others out there. I've enjoyed all your comments, help as well it's been excellent knowing the lot of ya (just by your car pics alone). To me, in hearing that some of the brothers not getting along and not feathering the weather just puts a damper on the line.

Personnlly I hate to hear or see anyone having to leave. :!:

pic4.JPG

And a similar view:
I am a fairly new member to the site, although I frequently visited prior to joining, but don't remember much about the old site. I have enjoyed John's insite, humour, knowledge, and photos. As 69signetv8 stated above, this is a very mature and helpful site compared to some other that I frequent. If we intend to help each other with this obsession we call the preservation and restoration of the Mopar "A" Body, then we'd better learn to play together in the same sandbox. Human nature being what it is, the chances of even the best of friends getting along 100% of the time is slim to none. When you have such a variety of personalities from such diverse backgrounds, there is bound to be friction at times. Heck, I've even been know to get into a bit of a tiff with the wife!! :) However, a little understanding of other people and their wants and needs, along with a full dialogue when required, which seem to be the case here, can quite often smooth the waters a little. I have no intention of taking sides here, because I obviously don't know the full story, but it's generally best to bury the hatchet in the sandbox, not in someone else's skull. Try to work it out guys - It'll be best for everyone that frequents this board.
Soap box is now available for the next person. :)

Sid

I don't see the point in posting a goodbye. I have no problem with John and if he chooses to go somewhere else that's his business but to announce it like that, for the reasons he stated, when it looks like John himself owns only one Chrysler product is just a bit of sour grapes. It's an "I'm going to take my toys and go home", kind of attitude if you ask me, but then no one asked me so what do I know.

I will admit that the board is different. It got real big with lots of separate forums real fast and it lost it's kind of close knit down home feel. It's more sterile now. But the only constant in life is change so that's the way it is, I can deal with it.

I wish you the best John and hope you find the place you're looking for.

I have been around here for at least three re-births of this forum. It was a small site. That grew to 400 people at that point it was still a ma and pa site. Very close very caring and protective of each other. Of course even though it grew to 400 members and even at that point it was still mostly 75 people who did the regular posting. When Brett got his car into the Mopar mag we instantly grew to 1000 members. At that point alot of the newer members started to post quite regularly. I am embarrassed to admit that at that point our little family was crowding up with strangers. Now I don't mean this in a bad sense so please do not take it that way I'm just trying to explain a situation from my own point of view.

At the same time there were personal problems being experienced by the owner of this forum. Enter Joey Chicago. The sight was sold. The long standing members were shocked and upset. Joey made changes and now there was someone to blame for our frustrations. This was and is not fair. Its like me telling you that you can't put those wheels on your car because I don't like it. Who the hell am I to tell you this its your car and you can do what you want to it!!
Alot of people thought it was Joes fault the place lost its friendly caring family feel. Not true!!! This feeling was put here by us and pulled by us, we held it back it was our own doing and again, I am embarrassed to say this.
This is a great site and always has been!! I still talk to John and I am a MOD on the site he went to and it is a great site also. Hell I belong to lots of sites.
I'm posting this because I'm hearing members say its not the same. Nothing remains the same. If you want the same feel it had then start putting it back into it. This site as any other is a vehicle, we the members drive it. So start driving. Again I mean no offense to old or new members just something I had to say and I am not speaking on anyone elses behalf but my own!!!!!

onehellofadart said:
I have been around here for at least three re-births of this forum. It was a small site. That grew to 400 people at that point it was still a ma and pa site. Very close very caring and protective of each other. Of course even though it grew to 400 members and even at that point it was still mostly 75 people who did the regular posting. When Brett got his car into the Mopar mag we instantly grew to 1000 members. At that point alot of the newer members started to post quite regularly. I am embarrassed to admit that at that point our little family was crowding up with strangers. Now I don't mean this in a bad sense so please do not take it that way I'm just trying to explain a situation from my own point of view.

At the same time there were personal problems being experienced by the owner of this forum. Enter Joey Chicago. The sight was sold. The long standing members were shocked and upset. Joey made changes and now there was someone to blame for our frustrations. This was and is not fair. Its like me telling you that you can't put those wheels on your car because I don't like it. Who the hell am I to tell you this its your car and you can do what you want to it!!
Alot of people thought it was Joes fault the place lost its friendly caring family feel. Not true!!! This feeling was put here by us and pulled by us, we held it back it was our own doing and again, I am embarrassed to say this.
This is a great site and always has been!! I still talk to John and I am a MOD on the site he went to and it is a great site also. Hell I belong to lots of sites.
I'm posting this because I'm hearing members say its not the same. Nothing remains the same. If you want the same feel it had then start putting it back into it. This site as any other is a vehicle, we the members drive it. So start driving. Again I mean no offense to old or new members just something I had to say and I am not speaking on anyone elses behalf but my own!!!!!

tony,
VERY WELL SAID!!!!!!
i was adams FIRST member and FIRST mod and like you,im a member to ALOT of sites...i try and share my time with everysite and do my best to contribute and help EVERYONE!!!

and yes,its us,THE MEMBERS of this GREAT site that need to keep it going!!!...im very sad that john left and i HOPE he will come back but we MUST go on!!!...i know joey has some things planned for the site and if ANYONE has any ideas to help us,please PM a mod....

mike

For sure that Lincoln /Caddy crap has to go!!! If it's not Mopar, I don't want to see it! I can't even bring myself to a car show anymore that display fords and chevys...don't care! MOPAR OR NO CAR. May all my previous chevy's R.I.P.

DSC09538.JPG

-
Back