My little friend Marti, gone

-

67Dart273

Reaction score
Yeah. I cried. She's been going downhill, then up a little, then down more. But didn't eat or drink or visit her box but once Fri, none Sat, and by Sun. early evening could not stand or walk. Not responsive at all. I decided to put her down but really didn't know the best way. Finally used ether

Took her and her food down to the vet to get her cremated. I was going to donate the food, but the vet credited it all back to me.

I'm sure gonna miss her. A better friend you could not wish for, and far better than some people.

Attachments

• _MG_5343cs.JPG
    144.2 KB · Views: 349
  • _MG_5344cs.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 356
I am so sorry for your loss.
Yes they great friends
Darryl

Sorry about your loss, It was the hardest thing for me to do myself..You will never forget them...I have another one now..lol He is a rescue from my work..It really helped me getting another cat, cope with my loss.

Sorry you had to say goodbye to your friend Marti, my condolences to you.

I have so many cats I just refer to them by color. I'm on a farm so it's not as mentally defective as one might think. Each one of them means a lot to me and having to put one down is very hard to do. Hope you heal soon.

I feel sad for your loss. I still have a huge hole in my heart from having to say goodbye to our beautiful dog a week and a half ago. It is hard to let them go, but we know they are in a better place now and won't have to suffer any more.

Sorry to hear, and there's nothing wrong with shedding a tear on the loss of a great companion. As a multi dog & cat family, it seems to happen too often, and never gets any easier.

Grant

No more than I, guys. She was like a dog. If I went in to read on the bed, in a few minutes she'd wander in and cuddle up. If I was in my big chair, she'd find her way in and up by my legs on the footrest. She loved to purr. She was a stray that I got from a family in the country, and didn't get along with their other established pets. She was a really sweet girl, and never harmed a soul.

Sorry for your loss, it'll be one sad day for me when the Fudgiecat goes.
Have had him since he was 6 weeks old. He'll be 5 in October.

I cried like a little school girl when I tried to give him a way when I was getting ready to marry my wife. She said she was alergic or had bad allergies to cats. Her friend had him for a week I think......he peed on music that she wrote, peed or pooed on her bed and wouldn't eat or let anyone touch him.
She called and said come get him or he's goin to the humane society.

The day I picked him up he came running out from under the bed meowing and came right to my arms. Took him home, started eating and using the litter box as if nothing happened.
Still to this day I'm the only one he'll let pick up and snuggle with. Comes and lays on my chest every morning before the alarm clock goes off for work.
Hope he has many years left. If I cried like that just trying to give him away, I can't imagine what kind of mess I'll be in when he passes. Getting teary eyed just thinkin about it.

Oh, the wife is dealing with the allergies very well...:)

Again, so very sorry for your loss.

Attachments

• DSC_0137.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 220
Sorry to hear Del, gotta be REAL TOUGH putting your own friend/pet down. We had our Jack Russell (Jemma) to the vet today, she is 16 and it looks like cancer is getting her. Our condolences my friend

I feel your pain our snowbell past suddenly in march he was in great shape the vet said most likely heart attack,it hit me hard finding him next to his food dish.RIP Marti.PS I cried for a few days

-
Back