my low buck street and strip ride

-

bad440

everything,all the time..
Reaction score
well the time has come to get it together .due to money problems , it's gonna be red instead of my first choice petty blue.got to finish scuffing and filling unused or extra holes under the hood.by next week it should be red the jambs,engine bay trunk areas.View attachment finally gonna get it running... 007.jpg

View attachment finally gonna get it running... 013.jpg

View attachment finally gonna get it running... 015.jpg

View attachment finally gonna get it running... 012.jpg

View attachment finally gonna get it running... 003.jpg

View attachment finally gonna get it running... 004.jpg

thanks,i have some mt 26 x 10.00 slicks for the car but it needsthe rear springs moved inwardsfirst

thanks man.it's kind of a sleeper with the cop car hubcaps.i have four cop wheels,but i am not putting 7 inch wheels on the front.i need some 60s bug wheels.then it'll be 15 x 4 . like i said its kind of a sleeper,until you pull next to it at a light.then you get the beautiful sound of a mechanical cam.

thanks man.it's kind of a sleeper with the cop car hubcaps.i have four cop wheels,but i am not putting 7 inch wheels on the front.i need some 60s bug wheels.then it'll be 15 x 4 . like i said its kind of a sleeper,until you pull next to it at a light.then you get the beautiful sound of a mechanical cam.

Nice! I know what you mean about folks at the light. Had a young fella pull up next to me while my Duster was "cachunking" away at a light. Gave a thumbs up, yells "nice car"...then "running a little rough eh?"...I smiled and said " ah, ya...it seems to have a bit of a miss..."

Looking forward to following your build,
Pat

more shots of my junk...need a dial indicater to get the cam where it's sopposed to be.thinking about doing the tubbs now.(onlymoving them to the frame rail) then the slicks will fit

Attachments

• dodge dart swinger 006.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 4,112
  • dodge dart swinger 018.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 4,109
  • dodge dart swinger 014.jpg
    141.4 KB · Views: 4,110
messed with the car today ,figured out the brackets for the nos solinoids.still going to only spray 100 shot.need a plate with a spray bar in it.i only have a fogger nozzle.anyway got the rest of the engine bay stripped going to scuff it off tommorrow and mask and hopfully blow some color on it.took some random picsinto the ex port etc.View attachment dodge dart swinger 078.jpg

View attachment dodge dart swinger 084.jpg

View attachment dodge dart swinger 110.jpg

View attachment dodge dart swinger 104.jpg

View attachment dodge dart swinger 098.jpg

in order to get rarts,supplies and stuff i'm forever wrenching on various cars for people .today it's put together the caddy engine another guy could not finish.so i'm off to pick n pull in fremont.i'll sneak the camera in and snap shots of the ever dwindling supply of mopars.and i'll be looking for a carrier for saetun so his burnouts make two marks like a mopar should.:burnout:

Nice! I know what you mean about folks at the light. Had a young fella pull up next to me while my Duster was "cachunking" away at a light. Gave a thumbs up, yells "nice car"...then "running a little rough eh?"...I smiled and said " ah, ya...it seems to have a bit of a miss..."

Looking forward to following your build,
Pat
cool ,it is funny people always ask whats wrong withyour car.

who has a degree wheel i can borrow need to do saetuns cam and mine.:burnout::burnout:

slicks ,timing cover back off for degreeing cam my son on indys podium:burnout:

Attachments

• dodge dart swinger 233.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 3,777
  • dodge dart swinger 226.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 3,757
  • dodge dart swinger 231.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 3,797
  • dodge dart swinger 229.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 3,789
repainted the wheels and put a pinstripe on them, no more trim rings....

It's coming along nicely. Just curious to what shifted you have in there.

Thanks, Aj

How did you get those slicks in there without moving the springs? Whats you backspacing? Thanks Todd

those are stock cop wheels.the shifter is a band m pro stick without a cover

Wow, she's looking great! Amazing progress. :burnout:

I am running an old "Pro Stick" (w/o cover too LOL) and while some folks claim the are not so hot, I love mine. Can't wait to hear about that maiden voyage.

Pat

i like the pro stick it works good,used to have the turbo action shifter it was better couldn't afford it this time.i have had it running, it ran good but i thought it was a little lazy prob the 3.23s. but i did not degree the cam in so i'm doing that now.still need gears though.i did race a 396 chevelle and got him real good, he jumped me a little off the line but it pulled right by him as soon as i hit 2nd.

I remember the baseball bat trick,cool. As for beating the Chevelle ,I believe it.Anything that light,with the airflow of w2s, would take a really nasty rat.I owned nasty Chevelles,now I'm here.

I remember the baseball bat trick,cool. As for beating the Chevelle ,I believe it.Anything that light,with the airflow of w2s, would take a really nasty rat.I owned nasty Chevelles,now I'm here.
me too also a couple of radical clevlands what a pain....:violent1:

-
Back