my low buck street and strip ride

-
today my buddy marcell came by to help me out.he finished wirewheeling the housing.while i finished up the rest.i also cut about a quarter inch off one end o the blocks between thesprimgs and housing.kind of made my own angle shims built into the blocks.still should have put more angle on it but it will do for now.anyway the rearend is back in!took it for a flogging,had the slicks on to test.20 psi in them.drove round a bit,now the combo works. the converter flashes at 4500 and it hooks up!feels like a different car.View attachment Img_00796.jpg

View attachment Img_00785.jpg

View attachment Img_00791.jpg

Too bad you don't have a trailer mike, on the first in sac is mopar night. Think I'm going to take ol blue out there and screw around. It's going to be a long trip there to sac with the gears in this thing. Think I can cruise the speed limit at about 3150 rpm. Hell you are probably around 4 grand at 65 now huh? I just picked up a 360 roller motor but I'm having a hell of a time figuring out what year the block is and its specs. I think its a 360 LA roller but I'm not sure. Any suggestions on where I should look? The casting numbers on the side of the block don't match anything I've found. The guy I bought it from didn't know squat and he said it was rebuilt but I don't think so. Looks like the resealed it and painted it god awful orange. Sounds like your ride is dialed in! Can't wait to see her rip up the strip.

Too bad you don't have a trailer mike, on the first in sac is mopar night. Think I'm going to take ol blue out there and screw around. It's going to be a long trip there to sac with the gears in this thing. Think I can cruise the speed limit at about 3150 rpm. Hell you are probably around 4 grand at 65 now huh? I just picked up a 360 roller motor but I'm having a hell of a time figuring out what year the block is and its specs. I think its a 360 LA roller but I'm not sure. Any suggestions on where I should look? The casting numbers on the side of the block don't match anything I've found. The guy I bought it from didn't know squat and he said it was rebuilt but I don't think so. Looks like the resealed it and painted it god awful orange. Sounds like your ride is dialed in! Can't wait to see her rip up the strip.
if its an la roiier it still oils thru the block.if its a magnum it wont have the oil passages there.so take off a head and see.it isnt dialed in yet but its getting close.and man it scoots now!love it when you can be in 3rd and golng cruising speed at 35-40...you know they only made those la roller engines a couple of years....

Heads up,440 : Called Howard's cams.Did the retro fit can.Scot,the head tech ,laughed. Plug,and play.(for a Magnum,remember the 1.5 ratio's,lol!).

damn car launches in second gear better than it used to in first.....

I just replaced a factory posi for an Eaton in a 67 belvedere. The guy races on Wed night and he tore the spider and side gears out of it.

Let me know when you are going to the track. I will bring my Gopro camera to mount in your car. Also if you can weld an 02 sensor bung in your exhaust we can hook up my wideband 02 sensor meter and dial in your carb. Steve

I just replaced a factory posi for an Eaton in a 67 belvedere. The guy races on Wed night and he tore the spider and side gears out of it.

Let me know when you are going to the track. I will bring my Gopro camera to mount in your car. Also if you can weld an 02 sensor bung in your exhaust we can hook up my wideband 02 sensor meter and dial in your carb. Steve
i will let you know.working on getting dollars for dmv.carb was rich with 6.5 pv now has 4.5 in it not so bad anymore.

so i'm messing with the car today,put a volt gauge on the alt,running it's only running about ten volts.so trace field wires back to plug ,i have them in the wrong spot.plug them in the correct spot ,fire it up, now its over 12 close to 13. reset the timing 24 initial 34 total,adjust the carb.feeling like an idiot car sounds super crisp.turn on lights ,lights are bright always no dimming .take itout and floor it 7000 click sec.man good thing it has that rev limiter run sec up to 6000 pull third go to 5000 and let off and stand on the brakes.turn back on my street.everybody is outside. my wife says damn that sounds better than it ever has.and she is right .msd needs 12 full volts feel like a lame.but damn it sure runs hard now.

Yeah the MSD boxes like them volts! I'm glad you are real close to shakinnn it down! Sounds like you got cool neighbors too!

Yeah the MSD boxes like them volts! I'm glad you are real close to shakinnn it down! Sounds like you got cool neighbors too!
yeah they are,but i dont do burnouts or mess around on our street .just the main around the block. no houses.

yeah they are,but i dont do burnouts or mess around on our street .just the main around the block. no houses.

I live out away from the city just a bit. At the end of my street take a left I got a perfect 1/4 mile marked off and nobody around, no houses just open flat fields.

I live out away from the city just a bit. At the end of my street take a left I got a perfect 1/4 mile marked off and nobody around, no houses just open flat fields.
thats very cool.my test road behind my house is called murrieta ave lol. its the only street we have with sound walls.havent driven the car with the drag radials on it yet ,with the gears.man ten volts to the msd ,no wonder i was dissapointed.....will get another vid up so everyone can hear it now.:sign3::razz:[-:)angry3::tard::notworth:

-
Back