my names tyler

-

mopardart72

I'm a pretty big deal
Reaction score
hey guys im 16 and VERY interested in the old mopars my car is a 1972 dodge dart swinger it's getting ALOT of work me and my dad are rebuilding it but yes im 16 and it was my very first car and i love it

MOPAR OR NO CAR BABY!!!!!:evil1::evil1::evil1:

Welcome and I'm glad to see we have another intelligent young man who knows good cars. Post some pics when you can.

Welcome Tyler, Have fun with your project....but be safe!

s550532141_330219_2059.jpg

yes i will post sum pics up i need ta get the 225 out so i cna put my 318 i bought for it. i took the ralleyes off gunan sell them took 2 font bench seat out, gunna sell it (if i can) tore the carptet out sanded down the doors ill sand the full car when i prep it for paint i have a pair of 2 15x9 weld prostar rims i need 2 more if you got 2 id like to buy them but yea thats jsut a quick layout of the car

Welcome,

Can't wait to see pics.

Are you putting the offset shackles on the rear springs for clearance?

What will become of your 225/6 motor?
If you sell it, post it here first.

Keep us updated on all the mods, and your car will be quite a different animal with a small block v/8 in it.

I can remember wanting a Mopar so bad when I was your age but never got one till I was about 21.

Welcome,

Can't wait to see pics.

Are you putting the offset shackles on the rear springs for clearance?

What will become of your 225/6 motor?
If you sell it, post it here first.

Keep us updated on all the mods, and your car will be quite a different animal with a small block v/8 in it.

I can remember wanting a Mopar so bad when I was your age but never got one till I was about 21.

Same here cudaspaz except I got mine when I was his age but didn't get it running until I was about 21. ;-)

Welcome Tyler I have a 72 Swinger also, I was 16, about 40 yrs ago. This is my first mopar and I love it. Almost done with the 360, it has a 318 now.
Good luck on the build and enjoy the site many good people here.
Bruce

Welcome Tyler. Congrats on saying no to Rice! I'm trying to finish my '72 Swinger--having a ball!! Lean heavily on this site--we all know what we're talkin about and no BS. Keep us posted with pics and good luck!!

Welcome mopardart72!
Like Jimmy boy said,:thumbrig:
Be safe first,:read2:
and enjoy the time you get to spend with your 72 dart.

Sure is good to see another young gun join in and carry the A Bodies torch
Keep us updated on every move.:blob:

As a new member my self i would like to wellcome tyler and allso like to say he is my son. I am very happy that he wanted to build up a mopar and not a jap rod. I hope i am not out of place saying this stuff. but the wheels he has are 15x3-1/2 not 15x9. allso i gave him the 318 engine for his birthday this year. so guys please be easy on him. here is a pick of the engine that will be going into his car. Thanks Mopar658)

dart 7.jpg

Damn thats sweet. ya gonna put a governor on it? lol welcome I still have my old bracket racer 72 swinger

You have dun a great Job raising your son mopar65!!:thumbrig:
I am sure he will make you proud.:read2:

I can't get my sons off the dirt tracks.:banghead:

As a new member my self i would like to wellcome tyler and allso like to say he is my son. I am very happy that he wanted to build up a mopar and not a jap rod. I hope i am not out of place saying this stuff. but the wheels he has are 15x3-1/2 not 15x9. allso i gave him the 318 engine for his birthday this year. so guys please be easy on him. here is a pick of the engine that will be going into his car. Thanks Mopar658)

Welcome to you too mopar65! Fantastic, a father/son combo on FABO! Just fantastic!

thanks for the kind words guys. well will try and not let you guys down. thanks Mopar658)

Have you you tried paving them??(the dirt tracks that is):poke:

And Welcome to both Tyler and His Dad!

Paving them is not the problem,:glasses8: Its taking the curves out.:rock:

welcome,,,,,,nice to see another father,young gun team out there,,especially with a 72 dart swinger,,,,my son knows one major rule,,,,,screw up and the car is mine(since most of my money is involved),,but seriously,,enjoy your car and keep it on the track,,,,,,how many other father son teams are on here?

welcome,,,,,,nice to see another father,young gun team out there,,especially with a 72 dart swinger,,,,my son knows one major rule,,,,,screw up and the car is mine(since most of my money is involved),,but seriously,,enjoy your car and keep it on the track,,,,,,how many other father son teams are on here?

That's a good question. I wasn't aware of any but I should have figured there was more than one.

Welcome aboard Tyler, glad to see your Pop was able to steerr ya in the right direction.....AWAY from ricers. LOL. I know your dad pretty well. You guys have fun with the project. :wave:

-
Back