My Navy coffee cup

-

Avispa

Reaction score
1665678033754.png

So here's a joke I heard in the early 70's about Navy coffee cups. This was supposed to be "true" which makes it a "sea story." Know how you tell it's a sea story? It starts out "And this ain't no ****."

So, "I was told," (by someone I forget)...........

"I knew this ET Chief, was pissed because people kept using his coffee cup. So one time when he's ashore, he bought another one just like it and put in his locker. Next time he was "on" he goes into the coffee mess, gets his cup, and goes into a big deal a bout people stealing his cup, so he takes it out, rubs it all over and inside his coffee cup and zips it back up, fills up his cup, and says, 'now, let's see you clowns use my cup again.' and walks out.

Goes out on deck, heaves that cup over the side, goes down to his locker and gets his new cup, goes down to some OTHER coffee mess, refills his cup, and casually goes back down to his own."

I posted that just for You 67dart273, i know how much You fiddle with eveything :)

I need that cup! Lol

I used to drink out of my wife’s “Navy Wife: Toughest Job In The Navy” because she never used it. Neither of us believe the statement.

A friend's father was a navy aircraft carrier vet. He always complained about his wife's coffee when he was home on leave, said it didn't taste right.
He told me that on every carrier, somebody eventually makes a mistake and pumps fuel oil or kerosene into a fresh water tank. Even after clean out there's still a whiff of kerosene.
Without a tinge of kerosene, land-lubber coffee didn't taste the way he was used to.....

Last edited:
A friend's father was a navy aircraft carrier vet. He always complained about his wife's coffee when he was home on leave, said it didn't taste right.
He told me that on every carrier, somebody eventually makes a mistake and pumps fuel oil or kerosene into a fresh water tank. Even after clean out there's still a whiff of kerosene.
Without a tinge of kerosene, land lumber coffee didn't taste the way he was used to.....
He probably missed the salpeter

I heard one where there was a cup and a note from owner saying "I spit in this cup" well. He comes back to use it and there is another note under his, " we did too"

-
Back