My new 1969 gtx project pictures!

-

mattsmopars

Reaction score
This is the 69 gtx that i picked up for a garage mate to my 67 dart project.I have been trying to pick this car up for about 4 years and finally got it.Its Pretty rough,but maybe one day i will get it fixed.

P1004550.jpg

P1004551.jpg

P1004554.jpg

P1004556.jpg

P1004561.jpg

P1004553.jpg

P1004555.jpg

correct me if im wrong but is that an origional 440, four speed car with a dana 60? needs work but people have fixed them in worse shape. That would be quite a rare car. congradulations on the purchase

I wish I was around to help you tear into this one. Fantastic! Oops, I forgot I was on an A-body site. I mean to say ... ya, it's ok. ;-)

Glad to see it finally in the hands of someone that will bring it to life again! I hate the "I'm going to restore it someday..." guys. Yea right.

Congrats!

Thanks guys,Yes its a factory 440 ,4speed dana car.It has a 67 383 in it now,and a 4 speed.I need to see if it might still be a 18 spline.The dana is the original.Track pack 3.54 gear.Like i said took 4 years of trying to get it ,and finally did.The guy that owed it moved here from mississippi in 84-85 and brought it with him.He bought it from the original owner that had stopped driving it in the mid 70's due to high gas prices.If i could have only got it all those years back.He let this car set out for 25 years 20 feet from a barn.Well anyway i got it know and maybe with some luck i might get it started after my dart gets done.Thanks,Matt

Matt, good job being persistent. Gotta love those GTX's:-D, good luck with it.

Nice car to start with! Wish mine was a 4 spd, Dana car. :angry7:

Looks like Sunfire yellow. Is the interior black?

Cool car.

Since I was a kid and my aunts boy friend when she was in high school had a GTX I always wanted one, nice!

Any '68 up B body or any E body that had at least a 440 with a 4 speed had a Dana. Cool that it is still there.

Chuck

I've Had mine since 1979-80 bought it as a $50 shell....Good luck with yours!

100_3728_00.jpg

nice car looks like you got a lot of work ahead of you. my dad has 2 69 gtx's

one is a convertable 440 4speed, dana 60
other is a roller hardtop

-
Back