My new 68 Baracuda and I say hello

-

dagocrazy

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm new to the site and wanted to share a couple pictures of our new family project. We picked it up in the CA bay area last weekend and are pretty excited to have another 60's mopar again. Never owning an A body I joined for information and tips to help with the drive train swap and possibly some parts as well. The car is a 318 auto with a 7 1/4 rear. Engine is frozen up and it hasn't been tagged since mid 80's so it's going to be a big project but I'm not looking for a show car just something to drive around on weekends and mess around with. We have a 79 360 that's probably going to need a rebuild. It's got an edelbrock rpm intake and 600 carburetor , mopar valve covers and air filter and electronic distributer. I've got a b&m flexplate and need headers and radiator among other things. . The body has quite a few dents but no cancer . Purchace price was $2500 for the car and $600 for the engine plus transportation costs which I did so total investment so far is maybe $3500 . Quite a bit more than the mopars i used to do in the 80's but not too bad for now I imagine. Anyway let me know if you guys think we did ok and thanks for all the information and advice you've all put here for us to share and learn from.

Attachments

• 20150707_201923.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 295
  • 20150707_201959.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 294
  • 00101_1tO6qxYg63o_600x450.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 290
Welcome to FABO, looks like a great project. Keep sending pictures!

This one took me 3 years. Take your time and enjoy. Found it in Deer Lake CA. Shipped back east. 6200 for car and shipping. Don't ask how much to finish the car, I stopped counting.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 278
thanks guys for the encouragement . I would be happy with a 3 year timeline and results as nice as yours Dave. Ive owned many b body and a couple e body cars but that was in the 70s.& 80s . A lots changed since then but im glad to have an old mopar again.

welcome. yes looks like nice base. lots more repop parts now days for sure!!

lots o f nice people on here willing to help.

I think you did well, total investment to get it home for $3500, not bad at all!! I see tons of potential there, and am sending good vibes as you start on the road to recovery with your new prize!! Welcome to FABO, glad to have you with us!!! Geof

Welcome aboard this great place I call home, groovy look to the black on you did, looking forward to this next build.

Wow guys thanks for all the feedback and inspiration! I've been working on it lately and trying to sort out what I've got to do to get it to move under its own power. The front brakes were either swiped or swapped out as they are barely hanging on. Looks to be maybe 9"drums and 13" front wheels . I think I need to make a decision to repair what's there or just go for new disc conversion out the gate. Also has a 7 1/4 rear so I'll be looking for an 8 3/4 setup. Exhaust is prob going to stay manifolds . I like the ones the member here is producing. I've never had much luck with headers. They have always leaked and clearance on this a body is kinda tight. I'm going to do some forum surfing and see if I can figure what's been done before I ask a bunch of noob questions tho. Thanks for the warm welcome and the link to the photos. You guys rock!

Love the 68 Cuda's! It looks like a good car to work with and from the pics it has a lot of factory options, wonder if it also had disc brakes prior to someone swapping with the 9" drums?

Love the 68 Cuda's! It looks like a good car to work with and from the pics it has a lot of factory options, wonder if it also had disc brakes prior to someone swapping with the 9" drums?

I was wondering the same thing . The guy has a set if 10" drums and an almost complete set of front discs on ebay. Looks like I have to go parts hunting. The good news is I found a mopar only wrecking yard near Portland or. Only 7 hrs away!

-
Back