My New 74 Dart Sport

-

Marv1

Reaction score
Finally got the car washed and cleaned up after delivery. Grand kids loved and so did Axle the wonder dog , lol.

imagejpg2-2.jpg

imagejpg13.jpg

imagejpg17.jpg

imagejpg1-2.jpg

imagejpg8.jpg

imagejpg15.jpg

imagejpg1-3.jpg

imagejpg18.jpg

Nice car!
i love the color, scoop, and black stripes. The full vinyl top looks good too.
It's got a '73 rear bumper on it, are you sure it's a '74?

Thanks it has a 318, new intake and carb, runs great. The title says a 74, lol

Very nice! You said you had it delivered...where did you buy it from, if you don't mind me asking?

I love everything about it, it's perfect!

Don't trust the title, check the VIN itself for the year. I've seen cars titled after they were made. There are 1982 and 1983 MGB's out there for example, because they didn't sell for awhile, and there were no '82 or '83 MGB's.

Nor '81s either....

When I ran a Vauxhall for awhile, our club found that most iterations of a particular model were incorrectly year registered in the 'states...not sure why..

Oh, this Vauxhall model was sold through the pontiac hi po division...

Yeah, or '81s, but since they were making them into late 1980, there's tons of them titled as 1981s even though according to the factory, they were all 1980s. So, it's more interesting that there are ones titled as '82-'83 since near the end they weren't popular sellers :cool:

Very nice! Congrats.

Dartsport360 - is your car white or silver, nice choice of stripe!

Attachments

• pinks launch_0001.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 117
Nice Sport!!! Best of luck with it!!!

My '74 had the 5 mph bumper in the rear. I took it off and put the one from my Demon on.

Ted

Sharp car!! love the color & rims-- enjoy your ride!! Lawrence

Love the car and the Boxer (axle). Have a boxer also, outstanding dogs, his name is Ronnie Sox. Good luck and remember; Keep the rubber side down. Things work better that way.

Very nice! Congrats.

Dartsport360 - is your car white or silver, nice choice of stripe!

Thank you Dave. Mines Silver. The stripe is kinda unique... it had it when I bought the car 16 years ago. I copied it and re applied it when I painted the car years ago.

Back to the OP's Dart. 74's didn't come with scoops so that might be another lead to it being a 73.... although it's easy to add. I like the hood stripes and scoop.

Axle is a big Boston Terrier, get a lot of people think he's a small Boxer, lol. He's' six. Thanks for the comments. Yes I thought the color goes great with the AR gray rims. So is this this incorrect rear bumper or did the 74s all have bumper guards?

-
Back