My new Dana 60 has arrived!

-

Mopar to ya

Reaction score
I bit the bullet and ordered a Dana 60 for my 73 Dart Sport. I wanted the get up and go now and wanted to have a strong rear end for when the new motor goes in this winter. I found this one with 4.10 and rear disc conversion and slotted rotors for $1550. Of course my leafs now have helper springs and Lakewood traction bars. That just won't do. My brother is parting out his Cuda and has a new set of mono leaf springs and caltracs. Now they are mine. Once it is in I will have to do some measuring and get the driveshaft cut down. I am changing to the larger yoke at that time. It is a damn expensive project, but I can't wait to drive it when it's done!

View attachment Dana 60 resized.jpg

View attachment Dana 60 1 resized.jpg

View attachment Dana 60 2 resized.jpg

View attachment Dana 60 3 resized.jpg

What is his eBay username and where is he located?

I think he is in Ohio. I talked to him on the phone and he was great. Shipped it Yellow Freight and it was here in three days. Very helpful with questions and suggestions. I would recommend him highly. I talked to another member here who lives near him and has dealt with him. He had nothing but praise. I actually spoke to him here at Mopars in the Park but passed on the rear that day. I ended up getting it cheaper, but had to pay $200 freight. I have no problem recommending him due to my great experience. I will post in about a week when I get it in and driveable. Here is his eBay post. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Dana...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

I got most of my 8.75 parts from the same guy (Greg) and I have been to his place a couple of times. He is very easy to deal with and knowledgeable. I would also recommend him for any rear end parts or work needed. His prices are also reasonable... for example he sold me a Right Stuff rear disc brake kit for $300... I didn't have to pay shipping because I was there to pick it up, but that's still way less than I could find it anywhere else.

Thats a good deal!I probably spent that building an 8 3/4 complete.A-body housing,suregrip,gears,b.plates,brakes,aftermarket axels,e-brake cables.$$It adds up quick.

very cool man! i love mine!

IMG_0331.jpg

Just checking in to see how the parking brake cables worked out for you??? I bought the same rear disc kit for my 8 3/4 and I amwondering if that is going to be an issue...

Thanks!
Robb

Just checking in to see how the parking brake cables worked out for you??? I bought the same rear disc kit for my 8 3/4 and I amwondering if that is going to be an issue...

Thanks!
Robb

Robb, the rear cable fit perfectly. My chrome reversed rims hit the calipers so I had to change wheels, but everything else worked well. I did switch to the larger u-joints so when they built the driveshaft they used a larger yoke. Be aware you will have to have the driveshaft cut.

I bought my Dana from him, but did it through ebay. Talked to him on the phone a few times, and got a few extras, but still paid a bit more than you. He seemed like a nice guy.

Damn, and I got a pair of extra drums he had laying around that needed rebuilt instead of disc's and still paid more...WTH??

Robb, the rear cable fit perfectly. My chrome reversed rims hit the calipers so I had to change wheels, but everything else worked well. I did switch to the larger u-joints so when they built the driveshaft they used a larger yoke. Be aware you will have to have the driveshaft cut.

Thanks for the info! Now I need to get to work putting it all together...

I had to rum new brake lines of course,.......

So how did that rum go with the brake lines? :joker:

Lol, just messing with ya. Nice Dana and a great price. I got Strange Engineering Dana 60 from a local member here in Colorado for a great price and here it sits while I work on my Jeep...... Just a few more mods to the Jeep and I'll be back working on the dusty Duster.

Old thread I know but...

I have a low mileage open Dana 60 with 4:10 gears from a 70s Dodge 3/4 ton. Trying to decide if its worth using on my Demon clone. I would have to shorten (would do DIY) buy axles with 5x 4.5, buy a posi, and disc brake kit of some sort. Also fuss with setting R&P up right.

housing, carrier, 4:10 R&P - free

axles - $305
http://www.dutchmanaxles.com/products/flanged-floater-axle-pair

limited slip $470
[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Eaton-EAT19730-Limited-4-10-Down-Spline/dp/B000FQ1N3W"]Amazon.com: Eaton EAT19730 Dana 60 Eaton Limited Slip 4.10-Down 30 Spline: Automotive[/ame]

rear disc kit $350
http://www.jegs.com/i/Right-Stuff/965/MDCRDM1/10002/-1?parentProductId=1244429

Already at $1125 without shipping...

Also considering used 8.8 - should be able to find for under $500.
Not as strong - but maybe OK for my 400 - 450 hp 5.9 Magnum plans?

Any thoughts?

Edit: I went with the 8.8. $350 from a wrecker for one with 4:10 gears, a posi, and new spider gears to replace the worn ones. Comes with rotors and calipers in good shape. I'll spend $90 plus $30 shipping to have both axles shortened so total $470.

-
Back