my new dart race car....kinda strange

-
I don't know if this was done on the earlier cars but later models had the vin stamped under the trunk weather seal....might be worth a peek at that area.

Bob

try to answer these Qs 1. is a 2 dr and 4 dr diff wheelbase. in some years wagons was a diff wheelbase. chrysler did do some 2 or 3 % cars in the 60s. hard to detect at the track. 2. would the weight diff be an advantage? 3. has it been acid dipped?

Everything I find says the wheelbase is the same, 2 door or 4 door. And a 2 door would have been around 100lbs lighter. How would you tell if its been acid diped? I have not found a vin on the rear trunk lip of radiator support.

Found some numbers behind radiator core support do they mean anything to you guys?

Attachments

• IMG_20150228_114621_787.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 145
I was hoping that was the certi-card number on the rad support but I read on b bodies they didn't move them to the rad support until 66.

Very cool. 62 Darts are one of my favorite cars. Congratulations! Looking at the pictures, it looks like they did a good job converting it to a 2-door.

Could be those are the SO (Special Order) numbers. They would match the fender tag and build sheet but not the VIN. Got them on my 65 Darts and 65 Barracuda.

Looking at VIN decoder it doesn't seem like those are vin numbers. No fender tag found yet, and definitely no build sheet. Any other ideas??

-
Back