My new Duster

-

68383GTS

Reaction score
As some of you know I had to sell my 71 Road Runner so I could catch up on a few bills and pay off a few other things.So I had some money left over and I was looking for a 67-21 A body.
Here is what I drug home today a somewhat ugly but very solid,clean, untouched 53,000 mile one owner 71 Duster.A slant six 3 speed,am radio and that is about it.Light gold with turd brown interior.
My plan for the next month is to tune up the 6,and flush out the gas tank.Go through the brakes,clean up the interior,buff and wax,and add some black side and tail panel stripes.Also new leaf spring,shocks,wheels and tires.
A little later on add a rebuilt 318 and a 4 speed.I guess I could start a make over thread or polish a turn thread...LOL
I should be able to drive the car to Monster Mopar in June.

Jim

Attachments

• duster.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 409
  • Dust rear.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 439
Nice Duster Jim! I would throw a set of wheels and tires on her, and drive the **** outta that thing!

Yep Al Bundy would be proud....

Attachments

• al.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 351
  • bundy.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 361
Looks really good. Did you happen to buy that out of Indiana? I think I saw it on craigslist a few weeks back!

Definitely a sweet ride. I even like the color!!!

I don't see anything ugly about that car. It is really hard to find a Duster in that condition. Nice Find!

Just ugly color but hey it aint green! I am so sick of green cars...LOL And yes it is a clean 71!

Welcome to the Gold side :cheers: Memike Like :cheers: Very nice ride :color: 225 I expect :color: I am glad to hear you have got a few things behind you and looking forward to seeing you and your very cool A body at Indy :cheers:

Congratulations 68383GTS, I do like the color myself :color:

Mike are going to St Louis on the 18th?

Wish I was, I am getting some dental work dun and paying as I go, so it can't happen not unless I want to get behind... I need to get it dun so I can enjoy Treva and my trip to Indy.

OK... Let me get this right... You paid 4k for a /6 gold abody and there is a 71 matching numbers b5 49k mile 340 car in the classifieds with a fresh rebuilt motor for 4995.00 !

Have i missed something? Was it a scam? I talked to the guy and he seems real...
If I had any room left and wasnt in the middle of a 68 fastback redo...it would be in my garage !

Oh yeah ...that car comes with a brand new interior still in the package !
Not to diminish your buy. Looks like a real clean car. I just get confused .

About 10 yrs ago I put my 73 340 4sp dart sport with a W2 motor on ebay and got high bids of around 7k. That car was near perfect with many NOS parts. When i looked at one bidders history I saw that he had bought a rat demon for 5k ! And it wasnt a Mr Norms GSS supercharged car !

Same guy with the bigblock dart with fenderwell headers.. Look at the Seattle CL...Its been on there for several weeks.. I thought it was a scam until it popped up on FABO.. So I called him using the number from the CL ad. Turns out he bought a house outside of Seattle that he will need to reroof. Didnt know that when he bought it...now he has to sell a few cars to pay for the roof. If it is a scam its agood one! I was real close to jumping in the truck and driving 6 hrs to look at it. Then i looked out at my driveway...Too many cars ! Sometimes you gotta pass...and I just dont have the energy for another project! My 70 Charger will get redone first.

If you have the money and time and energy and room you really should check it out !
Supposed to have minimal 1/4 rust and a little on the roof seam..

That car is a complete project and I already have one of those.My 71 is 99.5 rustfree and I can drive it.I have a 300 hp 318 or a 400 hp 383 that will go into the Duster.Both are fresh motors.Yep nice and slow for now....

Jim

You are going to enjoy that gem Jim :coffee2: Nothing like a good driver/cruiser for a day
away from the house 8-) or when you need a break away from your Barracuda build :color:
And let me say doing a very very great job on :thumbrig: I am glad you kept the Barracuda 8-):thumbrig:

-
Back