My New FABO Reality Show...Rani, I'ma Callin' You Out!!!

-

cosgig

MoBro Inc.
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Howdy all, and welcome to the first episode of FABO's new reality series, "The Gauntlet". It's a new cyber show where FABO members compete against each other doing the same projects for insane cash and prizes!!!

So, lets give a warm welcome to our first contestants...cosgig and Ranidart70!! On tonights episode both contestants will be working on Rallye dashboard replacement and refinishing.

Cosgig will be working on a Rallye dash from a 1967 Cuda, while Rani's dash is from a 68 Cuda, so it's as apples to apples as we can get here on "The Gauntlet"!!

The way our show works is simple, the 2 contestants take you on a cyber journey with them as they go about the process of refinishing their respective projects, including any pertinent information and companies that they choose to perform services on their projects. Their budget is what they have in their pockets, and they also will have access to their own parts bins and that of fellow FABO members willing to sell/give/donate the parts they need.

So, with that lets get started... cosgig, you're first!!!

Thank you Johnny, so here we go...

Here are some pics of what I'm working with. I have a complete extra dash and am using just the frame. I will also be using the existing cluster from Nella's dash, which has a 150 speedo and tach, and the dash pad from Sunfish also. I am enlisting the services of our own Mistress of Metal Leanna to have the frame powdercoated, and will be purchasing a new cluster bezel and glovebox trim either from BE&A or having my existing bezels redone by GCar!!

So, heres a before pic of the doner dash frame, and a before pic of the cars existing dash. Next is the frame all blasted and ready to be sent ot to PSC and it all boxed up and ready to send. I'm currently waiting until after Christmas to send it due to the high volume of shipping during this time!!

OK, Rani, your turn!! You in??? Geof

Attachments

• 100_4457.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 1,939
  • 100_4476.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 1,910
  • 100_4557.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 1,930
  • 100_4560.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 1,874
  • 100_4561.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 1,932
Actually, "The Gauntlet" is looking for contestants!! If you know of another FABO member who is currently doing the same redo as you are, message them, call 'em out, and have 'em bring pics and facts to our cyber studio!! Who knows, you could be the next FABO reality STAR!!!LOL!! Geof

im behind bcoz i have to still blast my donor dash frame ....looks like i know what im doing tomorrow ....i have a sand blast cabinet made out of an old tuff shed.......its just an empty tuff shed full of sand LOL

wow this is awesome ....talk about getting motivated :burnout:

i came in for break time right and saw this and was like OMG .....right now im fighting the 4 speed to go in......but that dang slant six bulge on the top of the bellhousing for the starter is being a tough customer right now LOL it keeps hitting the firewall .......like what the hay

ok i will check back later .....4 speeds dont install themselves :D:D

wow your tach is cool ....its different than mine. mine has all the numbers on the left side ....i think its a 68+ unit not sure ....never compared them before. learn something new everyday :cheers:

Alright Rani, that just what I was hopin' for, a little motivation!!! This is gonna be a lot of fun, and no better way to enjoy a project than with another member here doing the same thing!!

The rules don't state a time limit, tomfoolery is expected, along with good natured competition, and only that the contestants share their experience through pictures, songs and stories!!! Oh, and everybody has to do the dance at the end of the show!!

You got time to catch up girl, I'm in the hands of the Mistress now!!! No line jumpin' allowed though!!!LOL Geof

Hey Geof this is a great idea!! Im interested in maybe participating??:glasses7: My 69 dash/bezel could use a face lift. Best I could do is to blast then repaint. No funds for powdercoating or subbing out any of the work(all will be spray bombed, but the fumes will be great!! :happy10::happy2:) Oh gotta get the young'uns Cavalier done and outta the garage too....maybe I'll sub out the sandblasting to the young'un LOL :burnout:

I'm in,..Think I gots a set of some barracuda hub caps here somewhere, 14'',....

Yep I got em, the winner gets to chose between these 69 barracuda hubcaps which feature a black center with the Plymouth Emblem in the center or a set of 73-74 Dodge Dart 14'' caps which feature The word 'Dodge, Dodge in the center, both sets are daily driver quality, NOT show quality,......but still, just FABOLOUS,...

Take It Away Johnny....

Whoa ladies and gentleman... 4spdragtop is taggin' in!!! In an unprescedented turn of events, this may actually be a 3 way contest, and a 67-68-69 battle to boot!!

Prizes??? Prizes you say!!... Well, lets just say that everybody on "The Gauntlet" is gonna be a winner, and I am working on a mindblowing array of prizes to dazzle and befuddle you!!!

It's gonna be a great season here on "The Gauntlet"!! Now, if we can just get some other members to square up on their projects, this thing could really take off!!! Geof

Awesome idea Geof!! I'm proud and excited to be involved in your new FABO reality show < curtsey > and look forward to participating. I'll keep ya'll posted on what happens on this end once it gets going. I love the billboard style pic of the shop name and address by the way.

Until it gets here, I'll stand over there on the side ---------> clap a lot and turn some parts over. :-D

I'm in,..Think I gots a set of some barracuda hub caps here somewhere, 14'',....

Yep I got em, the winner gets to chose between these 69 barracuda hubcaps which feature a black center with the Plymouth Emblem in the center or a set of 73-74 Dodge Dart 14'' caps which feature The word 'Dodge, Dodge in the center, both sets are daily driver quality, NOT show quality,......

Take It Away Johnny....

...and the prizes just keep getting bigger!!!WhooHoo!!! Geof

I already did all the bodywork and primed the dash for rani so your running behind a bit geoff
Howdy all, and welcome to the first episode of FABO's new reality series, "The Gauntlet". It's a new cyber show where FABO members compete against each other doing the same projects for insane cash and prizes!!!

So, lets give a warm welcome to our first contestants...cosgig and Ranidart70!! On tonights episode both contestants will be working on Rallye dashboard replacement and refinishing.

Cosgig will be working on a Rallye dash from a 1967 Cuda, while Rani's dash is from a 68 Cuda, so it's as apples to apples as we can get here on "The Gauntlet"!!

The way our show works is simple, the 2 contestants take you on a cyber journey with them as they go about the process of refinishing their respective projects, including any pertinent information and companies that they choose to perform services on their projects. Their budget is what they have in their pockets, and they also will have access to their own parts bins and that of fellow FABO members willing to sell/give/donate the parts they need.

So, with that lets get started... cosgig, you're first!!!

Whoa ladies and gentleman... 4spdragtop is taggin' in!!! In an unprescedented turn of events, this may actually be a 3 way contest, and a 67-68-69 battle to boot!!

Prizes??? Prizes you say!!... Well, lets just say that everybody on "The Gauntlet" is gonna be a winner, and I am working on a mindblowing array of prizes to dazzle and befuddle you!!!

It's gonna be a great season here on "The Gauntlet"!! Now, if we can just get some other members to square up on their projects, this thing could really take off!!! Geof

LMAO ! good stuff
Guess I aint Christmas shopping this weekend!!

priorities Steve ! lol

I already did all the bodywork and primed the dash for rani so your running behind a bit geoff

Uh Oh, pullin' out the BIG guns already huh, Rani?? I'll see your Wagg's and raise you with my "Mistress of Metal" card!! That should even things up!!!

Steve, don't miss family time for this, you don't want Mama pullin' out HER trump card!! That could be the end of the game for you...PERMENANTLY!!!LOL!!

-
Back