My New FABO Reality Show...Rani, I'ma Callin' You Out!!!

-
Mr. Waggs is refeering to a 70 rally dash he sent me a while back but unfortunately i cant use that frame for this car bcoz i have to use a 68 frame so that it has the little dimples for the really strange lower dash pads .....so the 70 fame gets saved for the 70 dart (a whole nother story) and today i have to pull the 68 frame from a wrecked 68 cuda here. so i have my Saturday agenda already set, pull the frame from the cuda and clean it up.....and also finish welding the 4 speed hump into the car today.

pulling the frame from the cuda should only take minutes bcoz the cuda is a junkyard dog car (its wrecked beyond repair) so i dont have to be as careful with it as i would be with Natasha. just finish kicking the already broken windsheild out and start the raid.

Jumping on here to keep entertained.
Idea for ya Rani- Take pics of kicking out the dash. Maybe worth a few points...

Jumping on here to keep entertained.
Idea for ya Rani- Take pics of kicking out the dash. Maybe worth a few points...

Agreed!!! I'll see your window kicking and counter with my own kicking move!! My old windshield also needs to come out, it's fogged, scratched and has a stone chip. Now, I was gonna save it "just in case", but I would also like to save the gasket "just in case", so I think the gasket is gonna win this one!! Gasket 1, windshield 0!!

I already have a new gasket and windshield. My gasket came from Deutchman Automotive, where I get all my soft items and weatherstrip.

Pics?? Oh yea!! Geof

Attachments

• 100_4562.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 742
  • 100_4565.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 724
  • 100_4566.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 716
I bought one of those repro bezels. It looks great, but there are a few issues you should be aware of:
1. The 67 bezel is actually a 68 upper casting with the 67 lower. Because of that the heater bracket holes won't line up properly so you'll have to do a little drilling of your heater control bracket to line up the mounting holes.
2. The headlight switch didn't want to fit properly. Again some serious filing was required to make it go in right
3. The silver paint was applied right over top of the chrome, more than likely without any prep. It scratches off very easily. My suggestion is that you clear coat the painted parts.
Here's what the completed dash looks like

View attachment Int 2.jpg

Does anybody know what time it is?? Thats right, it's 5:00 and time for another episode of...."The Gauntlet"!!!

When last we left our heroes, cosgig had his dash all boxed and ready to ship, while Rani was out in the cold world, ready to get her "kicks"!!! Team 4spd hasn't been heard from since last night, and may be locked in the doghouse!!!

Speaking of kicks, cosgig had to enlist a "little" help from a resident glass expert to get the front windshield out. Contrary to all the best laid plans, his gasket saving technique proved futile and basically came apart at the seams. Let's hope he got the right new one.

Looks like old cosgig is starting to open up a commanding lead by starting to dismantle the current dash, but a call to GCAR has revealed a chink in his plan, there is a 3-12 week lead time on refinishing his bezels!! It is much cheaper to have them refinished rather than purchasing them from BE&A, lets hope this lead time won't bite him in his behind!!

Now it's Rani's turn... there seems to be a calm before the storm over in camp Rani, could it be that the 4 speed conversion has her stuck in neutral?? Maybe the shed key was "lost", or maybe some trickery from the other contestants has sent her off course!!

And what of Steve?? Will he get out of the doghouse? Or will it be a Merry Christmas after all??

Tune in next time folks when these and many more questions are answered right here on "The Gauntlet!!!

Attachments

• 100_4574.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 662
  • 100_4573.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 649
  • 100_4572.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 654
  • 100_4569.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 680
  • 100_4568.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 677
  • 100_4567.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 678
OH My Gawd, Ladies and Gentlemen,....Its startin to get Fugley round here,...3-12 weeks???....Gimme a brake,...Thats gonna add some stall to his torque curve,...

But don't underestimate Rani, folks,....There's always somethin brewin over in Colorado,...

4spd is cleaning house,...or shop, in this case,....

Guess I gots a little time to be a-cleanin them caps....

OH My Gawd, Ladies and Gentlemen,....Its startin to get Fugley round here,...3-12 weeks???....But don't underestimate Rani, folks,....There's always somethin brewin over in Colorado,...Guess I gots a little time to be a-cleanin them caps....

whats "fugley" mean?? i tried to look it up but i didnt find it. i am always trying to learn english better, but thats a new word.

whats "fugley" mean?? i tried to look it up but i didnt find it. i am always trying to learn english better, but thats a new word.

Sorry Miss Rani,.but my upbringing prevents me from stating verbatim what "Fugley" is, especially in front of ladies,...Lets just say it's a combo of two words......

Geoff you will have to be deducted for those wiper blades!!

Steve -- if nothing else pull out the part #'s on all the parts you are an expert in that area!!

Rani-- not sure what to say except, thought you were a dart fanatic!

go guys & dolls !! this like bench racing-- the bystanders get o throw in regardless!!
I'll see if I can find some Trophy material ! Lawrence

Sorry Miss Rani,.but my upbringing prevents me from stating verbatim what "Fugley" is, especially in front of ladies,...Lets just say it's a combo of two words......

Just have to do it with well placed censor symbols LOL ... instead of having to say something is 'F*cking ugly'... the two words are combined to form 'fugly' (or fugley depending on how you spell it) .. its what was known in the late 80's/ early 90's as a 'sniglet' .. (sniglet simply being the joining of two words to form one) .. carry on,...

Update: i did get the 68 cuda dash frame pulled today and home but i didnt take pics yet bcoz its a mess .......it needs some work thats for sure, but nothing i cant handle with the sand blaster ....a lot of old rat poop and sun bake damage there LOL

i found the cluster in the back seat and someone had cut the radio hole......so i have some plastic work to be done ....i cant afford to re-chrome the bezel or replace it so i am going to fix what i have. the chrome is all flakey and not nice .....so im going to re-finish where the chrome should be with Argent silver then use a warm silver for the insert and re-do the pebble grain.

at this point i am thinking how important a radio is to me.....it would be easier to pave over the radio hole and make a radio delete....it would just be smooth where the radio would be ......i have done this in other cars and it pretty easy and looks clean...........the option is still there to fix the radio hole, more work but i have done it before as well.

the wiring: i actually bought another 68 cuda dash harness from another fabo member and im waiting for it in the mail....so when i get it i will compare it to what i pulled from the donor car and use the better of what i have

WOW glad I get this Chanel...I also have a A body Rally dash that needs rebuilt, don't want to be in the pit but I will be in the cheering crowd

ok i get it now ....i think ....so sorry ...didnt mean to call you on it ...its just i honestly never heard that before. #-o

Perfect, Speedracer,...couldn't have splained it better,...(obviously)....

And just to sweeten the pot ladies and gentlemen,...I'm gonna throw in this Fabolous gift of either a 2012 Edition Hot Wheels 68 Dodge Dart or a 2012 Edition Hot Wheels 68 Hemi Barracuda from the Muscle Mania-Mopar Series bringing the cash value of the prizes to well over 10 dollars,....Unbelievable.....

ok i get it now ....i think ....so sorry ...didnt mean to call you on it ...its just i honestly never heard that before. #-o

No worries Miss Rani,...It's all good,....You can call me on It,....It's in the contestant rule book,....Right Johnny???

I got my eyes and glasses on. when you guys and gals get done with yours do you want to do mine? PLEASE......:glasses7::glasses7:
Jim

Rani, we need pics of the before, so we can compare them with the after pics.

Rani, we need pics of the before, so we can compare them with the after pics.
pictures are absolutely critical. it is documented evidence that there is actually progress LOL i want to watch the show , not listen to the radio !! :blob:lmao

No worries Miss Rani,...It's all good,....You can call me on It,....It's in the contestant rule book,....Right Johnny???

Thats right James, the rulebook clearly states that "sniglets" are out, but "Fugley" is the new purple!!! And did we mention the insane cash and prizes, growing by the minute??? Without our sponsors, the FABO channel would be nothing!!!LOL!! Geof

-
Back