My New FABO Reality Show...Rani, I'ma Callin' You Out!!!

-
Any new updates?

I bought a "new" intake manifold, does that count?

The dash project is in park, I have been really busy the last few months. I will not be able to get back to it until June 16th, then I need to find a box to put the dash frame into for shipping.

i got the car back together but i never finished sanding the bezel so i used a temporary bezel borrowed from my cousin's parts stash .....i drove around with the temp bezel for awhile.

but now the car is being taken down for paint after its painted i was planning to install new dash caps and finish my bezel and finish it completely.

Attachments

• CIMG2684.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 460
Well, I have some news to report...

As of now my dash frame has been done for about a month down at Leannas, but she is waiting on one small detail piece before she ships it back. Seems she has a little time because...

I also called GCAR as soon as I heard from leanna and they told me my bezels were still "about 2 weeks out", meaning they aint done yet!! I'ma gonna call them again at this weeks end and see just where I stand, so maybe the show can gear up for another season...sort of a cliff hanger end to last season, huh?? Sorry bout that all, but in the words of the great philosopher and thinker of thoughs Donna Summer once said...."I will Survive"!!!

More updates soon...(I hope)!!! Geof

Well, I have some news to report...

As of now my dash frame has been done for about a month down at Leannas, but she is waiting on one small detail piece before she ships it back. Seems she has a little time because...

I also called GCAR as soon as I heard from leanna and they told me my bezels were still "about 2 weeks out", meaning they aint done yet!! I'ma gonna call them again at this weeks end and see just where I stand, so maybe the show can gear up for another season...sort of a cliff hanger end to last season, huh?? Sorry bout that all, but in the words of the great philosopher and thinker of thoughs Donna Summer once said...."I will Survive"!!!

More updates soon...(I hope)!!! Geof

Psssssst Geof, that was Gloria Gaynor who sang that. :-D Since Rani and I are in this thread, you might have been thinking of Bad Girls LOL!!!!!!!

I'd really love to get this thing on its way home. It's covered -- kinda -- and hanging up on a rack in the shop awaiting its crowning glory from another FABO member. I've shot 20 colors since it got finished so it'll need a good dusting before I put it back in its awesome wrapping. I wish everyone packed as well as you do Geof.

Uh oh, my 70's mindless trivia file is even failing me now!! What next?... Ummm, what's my name again??

Well, in a surge of activity here at The Gauntlet, I got a message from GCAR today...my bezels are DONE!!!! Whoo Hoo.. just sent the final payment and they are shipping out tomorrow!! Whe it rains, it pours...or so i've heard!! geof

Well, no updates from me. How bout anyone else?? Geof did yer bezel arrive yet?? Cant wait to see pics.

your a mind reader ......i was just tinking of this thread today ....i decided that im take my bezel down and start over ......there is a few flaws that will drive me crazy ....if i leave them i will prolly drive through a garage door or something from being distracted by a shoddy dash.

the solution is to strip it down and start over.

i have the whole car down for paint anyway ......so now seems as good of time as ever to get it right.

your a mind reader ......i was just tinking of this thread today ....i decided that im take my bezel down and start over ......there is a few flaws that will drive me crazy ....if i leave them i will prolly drive through a garage door or something from being distracted by a shoddy dash.

the solution is to strip it down and start over.

i have the whole car down for paint anyway ......so now seems as good of time as ever to get it right.

If you got the time Rani, why not strip down n start over. Practice right??

Can you read my mind??:glasses7: LOL

Well gang, its Christmas in June here at the FABO studios, and just in time for the new season of "The Gauntlet"!!

I got home from band practice about midnight and waiting at the door for me was a great big surprise...no, not the wife and a big hug, nor was it the dog, although she was there to greet me as usual!! Nope, it was a Christmas in June present from Glenn at GCAR. Yes, after no small amount of waiting, (January to June) my dash cluster bezel, glovebox trim and pillar post mouldings has arrived!!

These puppies(sorry Bella) are a thing of beauty, and well worth the wait. They are really going to make the dash project "pop" and win me this contest for sure!!

For all the faithful viewers out there, heres the timeline...with Steve off on a wild Canadian goose chase in the wilds of the great white north, and Rani headed down some treacherous mountain road far away from her dash project, ol' cosgig is finally picking up steam!! I'm going to message Leanna and give the go ahead to just send the dash back withou the finishing touch we've been waiting for, so I can get the dash back together and wrap up the season finale and collect that trophy!!!

Thanks for being loyal viewers and I hope that the dash project inspires y'all to get out there and enjoy your own projects!! Until the dash frame comes...this is cosgig hoping you'll tune in for the big reveal as we put this baby to bed!!

Some eye candy...

Attachments

• 100_4961.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 380
  • 100_4962.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 359
  • 100_4964.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 368
Howdy all, cosgig here....and it's time for the BIG BIG second season opener of every bodies favorite FABO game show..."The Gauntlet"!! First, a little update and disclaimer from the producers!! Johnny!!!....Johnny???.....

Oh yea, with last years production budget blowout still ringing in the coffers of the higher ups, our once princely production has been reduced to one hand held device, and the entire production crew has been reduced to one lonely guy!! Mr. Fuddlefingers has been transferred over from billing, as he is the only one who knows how to use the camera on this thing!! So anyway, here we go.......

When last we left our heroes, Steve has been whisked away to the frozen tundra on some sort of wild goose chase, and the darling of The Gauntlet, miss Rani, has been kidnapped by a station wagon full of B-body lovers!! Good thing old cosgig has been busy in the secret lair,must hint his evil plan to win this contest!!!

So, first on the list for old cosgig before he could even think about installing the dash was a heater box...the car didnt have one when we bought it so I dragged out all the boxes I had and made one from an original 67 back and a nice front from a 71 Dart box! New seals,
A fresh painting for the door, fan and bezel and all the brackets, and a nice heater core and voila....hole filled, job done!!

Next on the list was to start mating all of my new bezels to the incredible dash frame made new...no, better than new, by my secret weapon (and yours) miss Leanna!! Progress was coming along just fine until I hadi to upgrade the tach internals to a new circuit board courtesy of R/T Engineering!! Easy peezy right???....WRONG!! Seems that I bought the board so long ago that it didn't have a provision for mounting the board to the tach or the can!!! Argh!!... Well,'it pays to have another secret weapon next door, one Big Al!! He's a retired machinist with a machine shop in his garage, so a quick trip over there netted me some modified standoff posts, brass spacers, and a ticket back home with the soldering iron still smoking!!

So with the heater box done, and the dash frame filling up with shiny new parts, it won't be long until the dash goes back in and the windshield install can begin! I still need to clean the windshield frame and find that foam stripping to mount under the header chrome and this puppy will be put to bed!!! Better shine up that trophy Jaimie, papas coming home!!

A few pics of the heater box, the tach with Big Al's handiwork, and of course the dash for your viewing pleasure!! And be sure to join us next time when we answer the age old question..."you know what they say??...

See you next time on..."The Gauntlet"!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 308
Ok, since everyone has gone home there are no teenage interns available to help me out, seems I can only load one pic at a time. So... The heater box...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 318
I hear the natives in the back audience getting rowdy. I think they're all chanting "Show 'em the ashtray!!!" over and over.

Geof, it looks fantastic! Those gauges are just ............ WOW. Yep, I'm speechless. Pretty rare thing too.

Thanks for letting me have a little hand in this. It truly was an honor getting to work with you and Nella. < hugs >

While I don't have the cigarette lighter in the ashtray area yet, I do have this... Kinda speaks for itself don't it?? It's been in there since I got the car, along with the patron saint of travel magnetic coin!! Yep, they're both going back in there too!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 305
Holy crap.....Gorgeous work on that ashtray Leanna!!

I'm thinking cosgig is blowing his competitors outta the water with season 2.

:thumleft: 8-) Congrats the dash is more than beautiful.

Thanks C!! (I actually had something a bit more special in mind for the inside but it just didn't work out.) It was my first dash for a customer and the job was a lot of fun to do. I tried to match the factory finish the best I could, along with a topcoat of clear just to protect it for the duration. Thanks again for the kind words!!! :-D

The work of Leanna on the dash frame is nothing short of astounding! Makes the whole dash just jump off the charts!! All the parts combined would mean nothing without the perfect pallette to put them on! It makes all my other parts that much better, especially things like the dash pad, which is original to the car!!

I can't say enough about the quality Leanna provides to each and every customer... it's unmatched anywhere IMO, and I'm proud to show it off, as anyone would be!! Thanks again Leanna, although thanks doesn't seem like near enough!! Geof

-
Back