My New FABO Reality Show...Rani, I'ma Callin' You Out!!!

-
No offense to GCAR, but the dash frame is freakin amazing!! You see redone bezels every once in a while that look great, but seeing a freshly powdercoated dash frame and ashtray just does something to me that I cant type here! Great work on the frame Leanna and on the heater box Geof! Yep Im getting spanked in this contest but I think y'all know 'pankin is parta my style!

Thank you Geof and Steve! I really enjoyed the job and look forward to doing another one. :-D

Oh really???....well, you see, I have this 66 Valiant convertible project that I'm changing the entire dash over to Barracuda appointments! The dash frame I have is gold, but the interior is black!! Hmmm, I see in my crystal ball another dash arriving, in the same box no less!!! Put me on the list???.....

Oh really???....well, you see, I have this 66 Valiant convertible project that I'm changing the entire dash over to Barracuda appointments! The dash frame I have is gold, but the interior is black!! Hmmm, I see in my crystal ball another dash arriving, in the same box no less!!! Put me on the list???.....

I'd be happy to Geof! It's always great to work with you. If it arrives shortly, I believe it will be Job #23 in line ... so much for my "slow" time of the year. LMAO!!!

I've never seen a radio delete plate for a 2nd gen cuda??? I wonder if you could do some mods/switches to fill the radio holes?? I wonder if maybe a "barracuda" script, or "fish" would fit in the radio hole??

I got a radio delete plate for a 2 gen bcuda. Its a rectangle of plastic thats 1/4 " high with 2 plastic studs on the back, and 2 sheetmetal stamped nuts that thread thru from the back of the tuning and volume knob holes in the plastic dash bezel. Its also painted to match the radio area of the dash. Mine is silver painted. Not for sale, it goes back in the car when it goes back together. It would be nice to pull a mould and repop these tho. Lots of hacked dashes would benefit from this coverup.

Great thread Geof, and all other contributors.
Terrific to see those photos, you are all doing well - not to mention the entertainment.
Keep up the good work!:happy1:
Gary

Just got done reading the whole thread! This may be one of the most entertaining threads I've ever read on FABO! Lol! I do have one "complaint" tho.... No updates since July 2013???? What happening here guys??? Are the dashes complete? If so who won?? Where are the pictures? and where's the award acceptance speach?? If they're not complete and the thread has been dead since July how bout I just take that sweet mirror trophy and keep it from getting dusty? :glasses7:

Ok then Caleb, an update is coming!! And if you can do something with the long lost footage of our pilot episode, that would seal my spot in the winners circle for sure!! Geof

I saw Geof's dash in person last year and the pictures just don 't do it justice. It looks super fantastic!!

Hello,....Whats This?...Do we have a season three??? I still have the schwag behind door NUMBER 4...

:director: Yea Geof! Get your butt in gear!! Remember, almost don't get cars done!! Lol
As far as the video I know "I" won't know squat about it but Marge might be able to figure it out.

She's hired!! Of course, the pay aint great, but the glory??

And yes everybody, season 3 of "The Gauntlet" is almost here! Just need to sneak ahold of a certain teenagers computer and ill be able to post up some previews before the big season 3 opener!! Geof

She said she'll take the job! :cheers: send me the video n I'll turn her loose on it! Lol

Ok then Caleb, an update is coming!! And if you can do something with the long lost footage of our pilot episode, that would seal my spot in the winners circle for sure!! Geof

Heyyyyyyy.....I thought I called "timeout" :wack:while Im in jail here in Saskatchewan??LOL.

Im gonna have to rename my resto thread, by the time its done the cuda will be 51 not 41 years old....:violent1:
Yep it sure has been a while....Im hoping this drags Rani back out of hiding.

Hoping to be back home for summer. Post more pics, and more contestants are welcome....as long as they're female and wearing buhbuhkini's!!:blob:

I believe it's time for an update no?? And Geof, I never did recieve that video for Marge to fix... What's goin on?? Lol

dam this would be funmy 65 barracuda guage pace cpould use a mine could use a coating again where is a nice place to get them re dipped or what erver they do??? wonder how milar would look , I quess youd
d loose the contors , cos did you say tou just had your plastic redone ??pm me direct.
that could be a fine compation just for winter kicks

Howdy all, guess what time it is?? That's right, it's time for the third and (hopefully) final season on your (least) favorite reality show...The Gauntlet!! I'm Johnny, and frankly, I'm the only one of the staff left here to produce the show, so the budget basically consists of my dollar menu lunch money, a 10% off coupon from O'Reilly, and the returnables from last night!! So, without further delay, let's bring the newbies up to speed!!!...

When last we left our heroes, Steve was off in the middle of Canada tending to a faulty water supply, Rani had gotten herself all but hitched, and cosgig??? Well, you could say he's movin' slower than a bill in Congress!! But all that's about to change!! See, at the cosgig camp, there's sumpthin stirring in the garage, and it ain't the 3 blind mice!! Yep, old cos has gotten the train over the mountain and is headed for the station!! Here's the progress....

(1) Dash is in, minor setback cleaning all of the mounting points due to no ground! Dash frame powder coated!!
(2) Heater box installed and all hooked up
(3) everything is mounted and the car has been started and runs, all lights work except.....

The dash lights!! The only light that lights up on the dash is the right hand turn signal indicator lamp! The light switch is gravelly when you turn it to the right to brighten the interior lights (which don't work either), so I am going to replace the switch! If that doesn't help, I'm going to remove the dash and take it to a friends to troubleshoot it on the bench!!
The front glass is still out, and just needs to be installed, so as soon as this dash light issue is resolved, the glass can go in and the rest of the trim!!

So, why the big flurry of activity now?? Well, besides the fact that it just needs to get done, in true reality show form, there is a shocker ending to this season, and this show!! I'll give you a hint, but won't reveal the ending until it has been filmed!! That's right folks, the end of the show will be videotaped, and will knock your socks off!! Let's just say that it has been 16 years in the making!!

Tune in next week when either the dash comes out or someone turns on the lights!! Johnny....OUT!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 356
*sing-song voice* I know the ending! I know the ending!!! :cheers: But for suspense sake I won't spoil it to the rest of the viewers ;)

Also might I add, it's GREAT to see an update!!!!!

Mine is still a work in progress, I will be working on the AC controls and the dash frame soon.

Attachments

• DSC06174.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 284
  • DSC06178.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 268
  • DSC06172.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 257
  • DSC06170.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 287
*sing-song voice* I know the ending! I know the ending!!! :cheers: But for suspense sake I won't spoil it to the rest of the viewers ;)

Also might I add, it's GREAT to see an update!!!!!

Well, even though I said Johnny was the only staff member left, we still have consultants left who don't mind working for free!! Caleb being one of them!! Thanks for not tipping the hand Caleb!! Geof

The latest Mopar Action (June 2015) has a good article on checking out your instrument panel the e-z way ; before it is installed.

Well well well, welcome everybody back to the Gauntlet for our final season on the FABO channel!! As a matter of fact, there are only going to be 2 more shows, this one and our grand finale!! So, without further ado, here's this years season opener, and it's a doozy!!!

If pictures can tell the story, then this included pic should say all we need to say......Sunfish is DONE!! Yes folks, I said done!! The dash had all been tested, everything is now working (except the left turn signal indicator, which has a dead circuit), the entire dash has been reinstalled, the new windshield is into the new seal, all of the trim is back on, the car has been cleaned, washed, it is running and driving, and has been out on 2 voyages! All of the indicators work, the dash lights up like a Christmas tree, it looks awesome as heck, the windshield is so clear, I can actually see the hood now, and it is ready for what is going to be an incredible finale! Only our producer knows what the finale is going to be, but rest assured, it is going to be monumentous!! Just need a nice day and a couple hours with the entire crew!!

So, here's a couple pics of the car all washed up, the dash in, and ready to run! Also, I took the liberty of putting on some superstock springs to bring the saggy rear end up a little!! Until next time folks, this is cosgig signing off!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 190
-
Back