My New Shop!! Yiippeee!

-
Man, you screwed up.May as well order some designer furniture to match that granite floor and now you have a gorgeous guess house.
You can not drive anything on that ,much less work on your car.
Just another reason not to work on the car....
On Cereal side,that epoxy floor can take what ever you do...no need to baby it !!!
It is hard to keep it clean because you always want it to look like it does now.
I good mop bucket and mop is next on the list.
No matter how clean your tires are they leave a trail of dirt.
Just buy a dust mop for that...
I have a lot of traffic in my shop,on the inspection side 20-30 cars a day and other than the dirt trails of coming in out that one bay,we dust mop during the day and mop in the evening.We have cars leaking coolant,oil,power steering fluid and gas,and they look like new after we mop it.
Get a gas spill up as quick as possible and it will not break down that epoxy.
As on the subject of putting things under the jack stands,you can solve that by buying a lift !!!
That floor looks great !!!
Frosted Flakes

I cant afford a lift right now but that is on the wish list.

I did my first official mechanic work in the shop today. There is another thread on here talking about transmission mods etc... There is some info on there about removing the accumulator spring and install a spacer to make the 1 to 2nd shift quicker. I did the mod today and kept most the transmission fluid off the floor. I couldn't remove the valve body without some trans fluid getting on the floor. I didn't immediately start wiping it up when it did but just went about my business. When I got done I just cleaned up and mopped the floor with water/dish detergent and rag using a bucket. The floor is fine. I hear ya on the gas.... thanks for telling me.

I definitely need to get a good mop and bucket.

Ive been telling you guys I was going to use this shop as a shop! LOL

Where did you buy your floor coating materials?

Thank You!

KP

Floor looks great Marland!

Thanks Joe!
Whats the latest on your place? Any changes being made?

I have been working Saturdays now and can't get anything done on the shop. I need to get the blocks painted to match the floors.

I'm working on getting a piece of lexan to put my FABO sticker on. I should have already got that taken care of by now. lol

Thanks Joe!
Whats the latest on your place? Any changes being made?

I have been working Saturdays now and can't get anything done on the shop. I need to get the blocks painted to match the floors.

I'm working on getting a piece of lexan to put my FABO sticker on. I should have already got that taken care of by now. lol

You're welcome Marland and I didn't say that just to make conversation, it really looks great! Be sure to post another picture once you get the sticker done and KEEP US UPDATED! I love this thread. :)

The garage is full of stuff that needs to be put away, but can't be until benches and shelves are built. Right now it's a little like that cheap kids game where you have one open square and have to slide the letters around to make a word, lol.

The good news is that the garage floor is already painted... :cheers::cheers::cheers: , but the bad news is that the garage is only supplied with 110V, 30A service. I bought the burial cable I need to upgrade to 220V/100A service and can hack the existing service to 240v/30A in the meantime.

I made quite a bit of headway yesterday and I suppose I should start taking pictures and start a thread of my own.

Congratulations on getting your very nice shop dun mullin, you are going to enjoy some great times out there in your man cave/shop. Very well dun :cheers:

Thanks mike. I will keep posting updates as I go along. I have been taking a break from it for a little while but mostly working on Saturdays now. During the week I get home from work and don't want to go back to work if you know what I mean.

I believe its the weather....... got to blame it on something. lol

I like your shop, cant wait to buy a house and build mine. The air compressor from Harbor Freight sucksssss, I bought one and it could not take a lug nut off. :wack: i look around for a better one and found it at Menrads http://www.menards.com/main/tools-h...-portable-air-compressor/p-1655325-c-9076.htm it works great for me. I want to run one of these kits in my new garage http://www.menards.com/main/tools-h...ir-piping-system-3-4-kit/p-1679747-c-9076.htm

I was looking at the Sears Air Compressor's but I found a few on Ebay for sale a they leak around the handle weld. Did you find a lift that you liked? Here is some info on Back yard Buddy lift. http://www.backyardbuddy.com/side-by-side-comparison/

I like your shop, cant wait to buy a house and build mine. The air compressor from Harbor Freight sucksssss, I bought one and it could not take a lug nut off. :wack: i look around for a better one and found it at Menrads http://www.menards.com/main/tools-h...-portable-air-compressor/p-1655325-c-9076.htm it works great for me. I want to run one of these kits in my new garage http://www.menards.com/main/tools-h...ir-piping-system-3-4-kit/p-1679747-c-9076.htm

I was looking at the Sears Air Compressor's but I found a few on Ebay for sale a they leak around the handle weld. Did you find a lift that you liked? Here is some info on Back yard Buddy lift. http://www.backyardbuddy.com/side-by-side-comparison/

Thanks for all the information. I havent gotten to the point of picking out a compressor yet. I have never seen that type plumbing you posted. I will have to check into it.

I talked to a guy who runs a shop about his lifts that he uses daily. He said there are the cheap quality ones and the good quality ones. I could tell by looking at his that they was definitely of good quality. He is a mopar freak and his shop is less than a mile from my house. I saw the name brand of the lift but have let it slip my mind. I wasn't really worried about writing it down since I new I would stop by there more often. Those cheap quality lifts look scary to me.

Using a Campbell Hausfield right now. 220 volt, 15 amp SLA, vertical twin cylinder with a 60 gallon tank and a 30 gallon reserve I worked up. Pretty much does it all so far and no complaints yet. I picked it up from Lowe's as a floor model for a discounted price of about 450 IIRC. Motor is offshore sourced but can be replaced with a good Dayton for megabucks, so I'll wait 'till this one goes up in smoke, lol.

The only thing it won't do is heavy tank style sandblasting or mutiple rotary style tools at once.

Well I bought a sheet of ¼ “ Lexan to apply my FABO sticker. Its suppose be delivered Monday at work. That Lexan isn’t cheap by no means. I wanted something that is stronger that plexi glass however. When I get FABO members to sign it the whole thing becomes sentimental. I didn’t want something that would crack if I ever have to move it like plexi is prone to doing. Might have one or two signatures over sometime. lol

The FABO sticker has been safely stuck to the lexan without any problems. Wheewwww!! I was sweating it a little bit but the material 2Darts sent was top quality material. It was so easy to apply compared to other materials I have used in the past.

Well I got my toilet set and sink installed today. Favorite part of the shop right now. lol

9cfbd004.jpg

Looks good Marland! all you are missing is a magazine rack to complete

Looks good Marland, great job! Lot's of room for signatures. Hope to be one of them someday!

Looks good Marland, great job! Lot's of room for signatures. Hope to be one of them someday!

You'll have a place to stay if you come down..... in the house or in the shop.... it doesn't matter to me.. lol

I knew I should have installed a shower. :sign6:

Looking real good!

Thank you!

Someone had this sticker made for me at X-mas time last year.

Love that color combo Marland. I also like what you did to the blocks.
Looks great with the white accent paint.

Love the "FABO Wall" also.

Lookin' good my friend.

Love that color combo Marland. I also like what you did to the blocks.
Looks great with the white accent paint.

Love the "FABO Wall" also.

Lookin' good my friend.

Thanks buddy!!

I've got to come up with a way to mount it. This Lexan will not break like regular plexi. What I have in mind is to drill two holes along the top so that they will be spaced with studs in the wall. The screws would keep from going down and just let it hang there. The Lexan is really not that heavy. Then I thought about mirror brackets with two on the bottom and two to the the top. Got to thinking however that the Lexan might want to buckle out from the wall, therefore shrink in size, and slip out from the two top mirror mounts. Right now the screws are winning. lol

Congrats on the new shop Marland..........You should be really proud for a job soooo well done and all your effort. Hope you enjoy it for lots and lots of years :D How about a pic of your gorgeous Cuda in there soon?

If we make it to that part of the country, I'm in for a signing!!

Congrats on the new shop Marland..........You should be really proud for a job soooo well done and all your effort. Hope you enjoy it for lots and lots of years :D How about a pic of your gorgeous Cuda in there soon?

If we make it to that part of the country, I'm in for a signing!!

Thanks C!

It is slowly coming together. I think I might need to concentrate on getting the cuda in there rather than getting the shop totally completed. I could always back it out in the drive way if I need to instead of working around it... then pull it back in when I get done. I think I will try to get it pulled in there this weekend. I've been wanting to see how the other garage will work out with the cuda out of the way over in its new home. The other garage will be my daily vehicles which are truck and motorcycle.

I will have a new Sharpie waiting on you. lol

You sure have dun a great job on the garage:cheers: and that floor is outstanding :D:D
Very good idea on the fabo decal :smile:
I showed this to Creed a couple days ago and he said that is a great shop and well thought out :cheers: mullin We are so happy and proud of your completion. A great shop for a great member :smile: Thank you for sharing this complete build thread that will be used and seen by many members to come :cheers:

You sure have dun a great job on the garage:cheers: and that floor is outstanding :D:D
Very good idea on the fabo decal :smile:
I showed this to Creed a couple days ago and he said that is a great shop and well thought out :cheers: mullin We are so happy and proud of your completion. A great shop for a great member :smile: Thank you for sharing this complete build thread that will be useed and seen by many members to come :cheers:

Thanks memike! People like you is why I hang around here.
I hope my thread will help others with ideas with there shops. Might even learn how to save a little money by doing things themselves. For instance the floor. I never have installed a floor system like this and there was some head scratching going on but I did it. I wished I had got a quote before I started to see how much I saved by doing it myself. lol

-
Back