My new street/drager

-
I vote to keep it AMC too. That's a time capsule alright. What did the name say on the side? Where did it used to race? Keep it a stick, go have some fun with it...

It Says American Motors EXP, It's a 1/8 mile drag car from Columbus Ohio, Needs a clutch, If the engine runs well enough i will do a clutch and exhaust, It appears pre 72 AMC engines have a Mopar trans bolt pattern weather it be big or small i don't know.

I would love to drop the clutch at 6 grand though.

What ever you find,Try and find the history on the car,I think the EXP would mean it was a factory experimental vehicle that itself would be cool !!!!!!!! Again More pics please !!!!!!!!! Steve

Cool car, I'm no expert, but a buddy of mine has had several of them, he told me that AMX stood for American Motors Experimental. I allway's liked those car's, and that paint job is awesome, nice find!

You should send that back to Ohio, so WE can take care of that for ya!
Have fun with it, looks like a great addition to your garage.

Here are a few more , I pulled a valve cover and the valve springs are rusty, chances are im gonna redo the engine, I really have not done much yet besides attempting to lower the rear.

Attachments

• IMG_0784.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 124
  • IMG_0787.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 124
  • IMG_0786.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 123
  • IMG_0788.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 130
What a cool car!
Go through it, make it safe, and just drive that sucker!

frickin digging it I love them things set up for the strip , here are a couple of my favorite shots, different year but cool non-the-less

Attachments

• pq34.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 99
  • pq31.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 107
  • pq26.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 102
  • pq25.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 100
  • 1a3f.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 98
  • pq48.jpg