my new toy

-

oldcarnut

Reaction score
i cant help myself , i need another car like a hole in my head , but this was just too sweet to pass up . So my car junkie cohort calls me & asks if ive seen the 70 dart on craigslist & i was trying to behave & not look at car **** but.........add says dart swinger , 70 dart , no motor or trans $1500 so im not expecting too much and this what i just towed home the other day . thats the original paint & interior also 318/904 (have matching #s trans & motor i found out after) , 8.75 lbp axles , 3.23 peg leg , rebuilt leafs (moved in .5 inch) , car is super clean finally dragged home my altime fave , here are a couple pics. seller was super nice to deal with also

Attachments

• a body parts cars 026.JPG
    81.7 KB · Views: 332
  • a body parts cars 029.JPG
    73 KB · Views: 335
  • a body parts cars 030.JPG
    96.3 KB · Views: 323
  • a body parts cars 036.JPG
    54.9 KB · Views: 322
Very nice! Congrats... looks like there's no rust issues. What's the plans?

i would like to just detail it & put on a new vinyl top , front seat cover , dash pad & carpet . i think the best bet is to go through the 318/904 combo & have a nice driver to enjoy for a while , im gonna sell my 70 challenger to get the funds to get this car dialed in . it seems like every other car ive got needs rear qtrs , trunk pans , floor work etc . im just getting too damn tired & car poor to mess with these full on resto projects , thats why i grabbed this , the only body work is on the pass side rocker (dented only), the rest of the car is super solid top to bottom. ive got a 70 340 , 70 buckets & a rallye dash setup for maybe down the road , but im liking the idea of keeping it as a nice driver for now.

can anyone help. i have a 74 dart swinger that rides like a log wagon. maybe even worse. everytime i hit a crack, manhole or a good bump it feels like the front end is going to get knocked out of this car. what can i do to get a smooth pleasant ride out of this car? any help will be appreciated. thnx, mike

sounds like you need some new suspension pieces , if its a keeper dont mess around & do it right . new leaf springs , shocks all around , torsion bars & complete front suspension . if you cant do the work yourself get at least 3 different quotes . i know its a body shop but im not even sure if its still there or not but check out Hull autobody in Bolton , going towards Willimantic (past shady glen)they are @ the fork where it splits behind the package store , they can probably turn you on to a reputable shop . check out the tech pages here also , lots of good stuff

Nice find. Large bolt pattern 8&3/4 rear as described with half inch spring displacement strongly suggests its a early B-body rear ( not that there's anything wrong with that ).

I need the levers and bezels off the sides of that bench ( as if you are parting it out ) LOL
Happy moparing

Nice score. $1500 for a clean example like that is a great price. Your name suits ya though. In one sentence you say, keep it siimple, driver, and the next - 340 and buckets.. Admit it. You just cant leave it alone :)

Grant

Congrat's on a gerrrrrrate find!!! A very nize 70 Dart :thumblef:
I have to agree with OneOfMany :coffee2: The 8 3/4 is in and ready for some power to play with :burnout: You know you wanta :D

yah , the 340 would be right at home in there , the previous owner wanted as much tire as possible under there , its an a body 8.75 , the axles were re drilled by dr diff . the grille & valance are in excellent condition as well as the bumpers , all the parts were just removed & tagged by his son , i touched the paint with a little wax & she brightened right up . man this car is solid .

buying these ones too , both 70' darts will be sold as package only gold one has title , 6 cyl cars , both dusters are 70 340 cars , orange one was hacked up for roundy round & will donate rest of parts for the fj5 340 3 spd bench seat rallye gauge car , it has title , fender tag & bbp brakes on front . ahh oldcarnut i am for sure:D

Attachments

• a body parts cars 042.JPG
    110.7 KB · Views: 233
  • a body parts cars 040.JPG
    143.4 KB · Views: 222
  • a body parts cars 039.JPG
    131 KB · Views: 210
  • a body parts cars 038.JPG
    112.8 KB · Views: 227
  • a body parts cars 049.JPG
    127.1 KB · Views: 227
I'm sorry but that's rediculous!! Where in the world are you coming up with these finds?!!
Lol
Really though, awesome! Wish I could find some stuff like that around my area. lol
Very cool.

the guy i bought them from is really cool , he has had the stuff for a long time & has just decided to move on to other things , he knows what he has for sure & just didnt have the heart to send them to the crusher , the fj5 duster was his driver back in the day i guess , pretty rare being a 340 , 3spd car . my friend is nice enough to let me keep them at his place till i can move the blue & gold darts , i will however hold onto the fj5 duster to save it from being sent to the crusher , ill just put it next to the kids playscape & let them play with it for a while lol , yeah the wife will go for that . ill be picking the cars up in about 2 or 3 weeks & ill post more picks then , thnx for the nice comments , its nice that these old mopars are still loved by many , aww im gonna cry now lol

ok i think i have a problem now , i just sold 3 cars & bought 5 more , oh well could be worse could be a chebby lover :D

more pics.....check out the goodies on the hood of the orange duster , lots o parts stashed in trunks also , awesome find .

Attachments

• a body parts cars 050.JPG
    132.4 KB · Views: 160
  • a body parts cars 048.JPG
    152.5 KB · Views: 142
  • a body parts cars 047.JPG
    128.6 KB · Views: 142
  • a body parts cars 046.JPG
    139 KB · Views: 161
  • a body parts cars 044.JPG
    140.6 KB · Views: 158
  • a body parts cars 043.JPG
    138.2 KB · Views: 151
  • a body parts cars 041.JPG
    139.7 KB · Views: 155
  • 70 dart & ian legos 018.JPG
    135.1 KB · Views: 141
here you go F8 , its a 70 challenger , clear title in my name , fender tag reads : en2 eb5 c16 c55 m21 r11 y05
eb5 h6b5 000 912 063229
e24 d31 jh23 c xxxxxx the pics are as it sits @ my friends place , ive got all the other parts stored inside . the parts that are missing are as follows : radiator & shroud , engine , trans(have mount) , driveshaft (has 8.75 rear) , windshield & r&l upper w/s moulding , pass side ext sport mirror , pass side ext door handle , ext rear window trim , 1 rear valance bracket (have very nice rt rear valance) , its a drum brake manual steering car , ive got the complete front clip , correct year bucket & rear seat cores (tracks are nice also) , 70 console w/ shifter & linkage , rear window , nice hood latch mech & support bracket , real nice chrome ft bumper ( have xtra 1 also ) , have a complete set of rallye gauges also/ w switch panel also (7k tach) . i have about 83 pics of the car itself , if serious just pm me & ill email photo file . here are a few pics , price is $3500 w/ all parts 3k w/o rallye gauges.

Attachments

• 70 challenger 076.JPG
    124.1 KB · Views: 99
  • 70 challenger 075.JPG
    127.9 KB · Views: 95
  • 70 challenger 074.JPG
    101.5 KB · Views: 106
  • 70 challenger 073.JPG
    117.6 KB · Views: 108
  • 70 challenger 044.JPG
    94.5 KB · Views: 101
-