My own special car story

-

Dadsdart340

Reaction score
When I was a kid, my dad owned a 1969 dodge dart. My father was a mechanic by trade and racing ran through his blood as it does mine. I grew up around that car. I remember riding in it. I remember watching the old man turn wrenches on it, race it, and much much more. That car was the coolest and fastest car in the world to me as a little boy. When I was 11 years old I lost my dad in a farming accident. My life changed in the blink of an eye. A year later the farm was being sold, and we were moving. My mother put the car up for sale (in 1993) and was gone in the blink of an eye. It really bothered me, I always figured it would be mine once legal to drive.
Looking back thank god it wasn't. I probably would of wrecked it at that age. I am now 34 years old, about a year ago I put an add on Kijijji looking for the car, after talking with a few people, one thing lead to another and now my dads 1969 dodge dart swinger 340 rests in my garage.

Great story, glad you got the car back! Its a good way to remember your dad.

Congratulations! A rare thing,to reunion with a family artifact.

Very special story indeed. Surely there's a greater power at work. I can only imagine how you must have felt at those pivotal moments.

Hey everyone thanks for the positive messages. Yes this whole situation has been very emotional for me. I've actually been wrenching on the car and found parts that my dad actually put on the car back in the 70's. I'm having trouble uploading pics but will get them on shortly. Thanks again everyone

Welcome to FABO from a fellow Manitoban. There's quite a few of us on here.

Great story. I'm glad you've got your Dart back in the family.

Welcome! You are so lucky to ever get that car back.....Congrats! We're here for you. :thumleft:

very good story. I also lost my Father in a farming accident in 1977 at age 51. I can sure relate to the life changing in the blink of an eye. Good luck with the Dart, Joe

You may think you got lucky and found the car again, but in reality your Dad was looking over your shoulder and showing you the way to find the car .

Welcome and such a great story to hear. That's such a gift to get your dad's old car back. It meant a lot to both of you. tmm

Holy cow! Good to hear a story with a happy ending and nice looking ride to boot! Love the color. Looks like the only thing you need now is a whole lotta this :burnout:

Welcome to FABO,mvery cool story, loosing your father wasn't cool.
Was your dad's car still in Manitoba?

-
Back