My Project

-
Looks Awsome!!! What did a paint job like that run you, If you dont mind me asking

WELL...I did all the body work..blastered ,4 coats of primer (blocked between every coat) basically all he had to do was clean it, shoot the sealer, then the base coat and clear. I did most of the wet sanding and he buffed the entire car. I won't say what he charged me because we are friends but he would normally charge $3500 to $5500 including material depending on body condition.

We put the engine and tranny in today. Some problems that schumacher doesn't tell you about but nothing major. As promised on the thread "schmacher headers" are pictures of headers installed. The pictures I took of the side view between the inner fender and engine were too dark.

DSC00893e.JPG

DSC00889e.JPG

DSC00888e.JPG

DSC00887e.JPG

DSC00886e.JPG

Like me (just painted jambs and enginr bay last weekend) oh well - we'll make it next year !

gotta love a big block a-body with a high impact color. i think thats what set chrysler apart from the brand x. those wild colors are so eye catching. sweet!

Thanks for all the compliments. I'm really excited to see it coming together. Seems like when you're doing the bodywork and the many many hours of sanding, it is never going to get done but when the paint hits, thats when I could really see all those hours of being picky paid off. As soon as I get it home I'll get the dash and headliner in it so I can get the windshield and back glass installed to start closing it up before the interior goes in. Can't wait now to hear that BB run!!!

Allot of great work and let me say " That Duster is magnificent ".:thumbrig:
You have spent your money and time well.
We all know how I feel about your color!! Yellow always gets my vote.:read2:
Thanks for sharing your great build!! Keep up the good work and updates.

Wow, you do great work!
Thanks for the progress pics and the motivation.
It's nice to see theese homely looking heaps slowly turn into theese brutal beauties.

Great color choice, should definitely cause some serious rubber necking accidents on the road.

wow,that thing is awesome lookin can't wait to see the finished product

Finally got all the overspray painted over on the underbody and inside. Mounted the dash frame, e/brake lever and d/s vent box done last weekend. This weekend was spent at the hospital with my son and his 6mm kidney stone. Ouch!!!! He got real sick from the pain meds and vomited so hard he ripped his esophagus and had to have an emergency procedure to stop the bleeding. Still waiting for the stone to pass. Hopefully all will be back to normal by next weekend. I will post progress pictures next week. Turkey Rod Run at Daytona the weekend after Turkey day, will be going there to look for more parts.

Your doing a real nice job, the Duster is going to be sweeet!! What rims are you going to be running?

Weld Racing 5 star. Front and rear. I really wanted to run Cragar SS but they didn't have them with enough backspace cause I didn't want the tires to stick out past the body.

well, It's been along time since I've updated my thread. It's been a real roller coaster around here and just didn't have the time to keep up. Long story short ...I got the first motor put in and running....then... a few weeks later I noticed a little puddle of anti-freeze on the floor and it wasn't in a place I really wanted to find one. Slid under and looked up expecting to see a header bolt leaking or worst case...head gasket. Well it wasn't any of the ones I expected. Block was cracked right at the front driver side freeze plug.#-o Luckily I had another block but that was one set back I didn't need. Decided if I was going to have to build another it was a good excuse. UPS guy knows me by first name. 440 Source Stealth heads, MSD distributor, new damper, and a few other goodies. I got the new engine put in and running. Problem number 2.....it over heated. Didn't have the problem with the first engine and nothing changed except for the heads and distributor, and wrapped the headers. Pulled the heads back off to see if I could see anything...nothing. Put it all back together and still overheated. Didn't overheat bad just hotter than I was comfortable with. I started searching for a better electric fan set up than I had. I finally came across where guys were using fans for a Cheby HHR. At this point I have nothing to loose. Went and bought the fan and came home to figure out a way to mount it without cutting up the front end like I saw some do. After about 3 days of thinking I finally decided on a plan. The pictures below will show pretty much what I did. I had the neck moved on the radiator. The guy did a great job and only charged me $45. I removed the bottom cross member of the core support. I then made a new cross member from 2"x2"x16ga box tubing that was originally a weight machine somebody trashed a while back, I scavenged and figured someday it would come in handy. I welded it in and then cut the core support opening to fit the radiator through. I cut pieces out of the core support I removed to tie the core support to the box tubing cross member. I spaced the radiator through the core support til I had about 3/4" between the fan and the water pump. It left me plenty of room to put all the grill support pieces back with room to spare. The only thing I had to do was lenghten the support that runs from the latch plate to the core support and bolt it into the new cross member. And YES the new fan keeps the temp at around 188 to 190 at idle. Now I can finish the interior and hopefully get to drive it by the end of August.

01.JPG

02.JPG

03.JPG

04.JPG

05.JPG

06.JPG

07.JPG

08.JPG

09.JPG

10.JPG

-
Back