My race season is over. Dusters wrecked

-

pittsburghracer

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Well my son is ok and that’s what matters most. I caught a quick cell phone picture and turned to watch his pass. It climbed and climbed and it hit second gear and climbed some more. He feathered the throttle and probably saved the oil pan, headers, and front suspension but it bounced hard and hit the wall front to back on the drivers side. He actually won the round and was sitting on the bye run if he was able to go on. But he isn’t. I got a lot of work to do over the winter if I plan on racing this car next year. I already canceled Norwalk’s Halloween Classic to see if I could get a refund. Thank you Lord for watching over my son. We live to race another day.

4DB70AB7-B414-48EC-A13F-493094A012A6.jpeg

159F934A-652A-4A8F-915B-CA95ADED7FA8.jpeg

472CBB8A-3E68-41A8-8C6E-7C66139F549A.jpeg

15D3760D-D8E6-48C2-9E80-EFCBB8963853.jpeg

A6CDF7E9-1328-400C-964B-97613FD17E25.jpeg

5B8784E8-6F45-4D50-AB7C-4B5810AD1DFE.jpeg

188B6FDB-669D-40AA-9475-564AD8FB1886.jpeg

Dang it's good he wasn't hurt. The car can be fixed. Time for some wheelie bars.

Glad your son is safe. Sounds like he controlled the car well from the wheel stand. Looking forward to seeing more of your races next year John.

"Thank you Lord for watching over my son. We live to race another day."
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This right here is putting it in it's proper perspective.

Sure am glad he wasn't hurt. You caint just whoop up another son.

"Thank you Lord for watching over my son. We live to race another day."
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This right here is putting it in it's proper perspective.
precisely!! It could have been so much worse.. Glad your son is okay & like the Terminator you'll be back

Well my son is ok and that’s what matters most. I caught a quick cell phone picture and turned to watch his pass. It climbed and climbed and it hit second gear and climbed some more. He feathered the throttle and probably saved the oil pan, headers, and front suspension but it bounced hard and hit the wall front to back on the drivers side. He actually won the round and was sitting on the bye run if he was able to go on. But he isn’t. I got a lot of work to do over the winter if I plan on racing this car next year. I already canceled Norwalk’s Halloween Classic to see if I could get a refund. Thank you Lord for watching over my son. We live to race another day.

View attachment 1715995675

View attachment 1715995676

View attachment 1715995677

View attachment 1715995678

View attachment 1715995679

View attachment 1715995680

View attachment 1715995681
Glad to hear your son's ok and those cars can really surprise you when they get up in the air like that, I tried feathering mine when it decided to get stupid and it came down so hard all I heard was SMACK in my helmet......LOL

Glad your son is OK.
Messy undies, but OK.
Years ago I bounced my buddies 64 Goat of the wall nose first, **** happens fast.

Glad he wasn't hurt... as noted, most important.

Thanks guys. I will sharpen my Autobody and painting skills over the winter for sure. I already took on two porting jobs that I have to do so that will help with the repairs. I’ve given Matt about three big hugs and told him how much I love him. He feels like crap but I told him to get past it. He’s actually racing tonight in a friends dragster.

Glad your son is OK John. Sounds like he did a good job of saving it. Now that the season is over, I'm just afraid you'll have too much time on your hands and start posting Walmart pics again. :rolleyes:

The main thing is he got to tell you he feels bad and you got to tell him it's ok.... Because it is... Your experience working on cars in general will get that in quick order! That stuff can take a wrong turn and turn into something more than what happened.... Stay safe everyone.....

JW

Again thank you all. They are trick or treating here now so when I warm up some I’ll probably mix an adult beverage and go what Matt race.

The only thing that matters is your Son is ok. Cars can be fixed/replaced, thank God he was watching over your family!

Kitty looked at it and said "that's not wrecked, that's just scraped up a little". lol.

Last edited:
-
Back