My race season is over. Dusters wrecked

-
The car can always be fixed, the important thing is that your son walked away unscathed. 65'

Glad he made it out okay. All the safety stuff you built into the car did its job. But sounds like the most important feature was the driving skill you helped build into your son.

Shoot John that's a bummer. Glad you're boy is alright & the damage looks manageable for a winter project.
Still looks better than my car and a lot of guys lol.
God for the save !

Tell him if he wanted a new paint job, he could've just asked. :p
Glad he's OK. The rest is just the rest.

Glad Matt is ok, car is unimportant it can be fixed, and I am sure you will get her done for next year. Hoping the damage is minimal.

sissy sticks would have come in REAL handy!

sissy sticks would have come in REAL handy!
Nice..!! Driver is ok..!! Car can be repaired ..!! Dang..!! Look at that slip..!! .002 and -.001 R/T ..!! These guys weren’t leaving anything on the table..!! That’s awesome..!! Holy Toledo A 1.11 60 ft in the other lane…!!! Great racing..!! Swingn’

I'd say as fast as you guys go that's pretty minor. And nobody hurt. A REAL plus

I'm glad he's ok.

That said, you racers will do anything to remove some weight.

I think it looks kinda cool, and I would just leave it. I'm not really understanding what is keeping you from racing?

I'm glad he's ok.

That said, you racers will do anything to remove some weight.

I think it looks kinda cool, and I would just leave it. I'm not really understanding what is keeping you from racing?

Frontend adjustment is off so something took a hit. I’ll get it in the shop and check the suspension out.

Crappy way to end the season. Bigger picture is good thing he's ok. Stay safe out there. If you sling paint like you port a head, that thing will be just fine!

Bummer deal John, but the important thing is Matt’s ok!

Hell, your car still looks better than mine!

Take your time fixing it. Make it pretty.
There is a blue Duster with a 572 waiting to be raced.

Glad he’s ok that’s the important part. Any idea why the car hooked harder than normal and made more power? Was the weather or track conditions considerably better than you normally run in? You’ve got lots of laps in this car and have it pretty well sorted so something had to be different.

Glad he’s ok that’s the important part. Any idea why the car hooked harder than normal and made more power? Was the weather or track conditions considerably better than you normally run in? You’ve got lots of laps in this car and have it pretty well sorted so something had to be different.

We haven’t raced in weather like this in years. Thursday night test n tune wasn’t very nice. Friday got better and I ran a 6.02 and a 6.05 with a 1.26 sixty foot. Saturday morning was right into racing so we had killer air. More horsepower bit us as she probably had a 5.95 in her. If been a touch rich all year so that good air used that extra fuel. He’s 100 pounds lighter too.

Wow just read this.
Glad Matt is Ok and that you haven't disowned him yet!(kidding of course)

Yeah it is all ways good to look it over real good before sending it again, But that sure looks like it could have made it all the way.

If we stay in this thing we call "drag racing", long enough, we have to keep adding things alone the way with the HP.
Frame connectors, roll cages, seats, helmets, tubs Exc. Just like a parachute, wheelie bar might be nice for a just in case.

This car since the gear change was so nicely mannered but honestly I hadn’t hit nice air all year let alone great air. I think I made three front shock changes all year. Don’t forget up till this year I had an R3 block up front and I don’t know the exact difference but I’m guessing 40-50 pounds at least. I kicked around mounting a weight bar up front a few years ago but that never happened.

Glad your son is OK, the car could be a whole lot worse. No rest for the weary this winter…

Hate to see stuff like this, but the important thing is your son is okay. The car needs some fixing, but I'm sure with a less experience driver it would have ended a lot worse.

-
Back