My Rear Shocks Are Too Short! Need Advice!

-

wjaholic

My car stole my wallet!
Reaction score
I swapped out my rear leaf springs in my '74 Duster for a set of over arhced HD springs. I want to say they are around 2-1/2" to 3" taller than my old ones. Now my rear shocks are within an 1" of being fully extended. I was wondering if any one could point me to a longer set of shocks that will work with the stock mounting locations?

B/E body shocks are an inch longer to start with.
Drag shocks can extend even longer if this is the direction of the car.
IMancini racing that has shock extenders. They bolt to the bottom of the shock and then the plate (Extender) bolts to the shock plate.
http://chucker54.stores.yahoo.net/reshex.html

I have a friend that had the same problem with super stocks springs and he had to switch to drag shocks so I would suggest that.

Jeff

If your looking for new shock i found the stock shocks on monroe.com is 23.3 inches extended and they have a shock that is 25.6 inches, part number 37189. it has the same ends as the stock shock and if you want another brand most auto parts stores can cross that number.

I think Rancho makes one sold thru Mancini that could fit the bill although pricey. I'm running stock KYB GasAJust on my XHD springs with no issues yet(althought I only have a few miles on them right now, I was told by the people at Mancini that I shouldn't have to change them) If you have different brand shocks than KYB it might be a different story. If you do need shock extensions I have a brand new set of Mr. Gaskets that I'll sell cheap.

I put the shock extensions on mine as my KYB shocks were too short.

Fred B

Dart 3 005.JPG

-
Back