My return to A body Land

-

BlackBrick

The Cult Mechanicus
Reaction score
Long time troll, first time member :)

Well, this year marks my return to A Body life after a 12 year hiatus. Needed a second car and found an awesome 72 Dart Custom survivor dirt cheap so picked it up. I keep a little blog going through what I am doing to it and to help track what i am spending (wife is actually supporting me on the project!) but trying to keep the total build to under $5k.

Hope to visit with you guys more as I progress and look to getting some feedback and help from you guys over the course of this little adventure!

Mike J

Welcome to FABO and welcome back to a-bodies...can't ever get them completely out of your system. I hope you will show us some pic's soon.

Just dropped some pre-project pics of my Brick from the day I bought it.

3n63k83lc5V45P65S2a5s141aa6ca1c5115e6.jpg

3n53pf3l05V45Q65R3a5s41443f725c3814df.jpg

3nc3of3p15O25W65U3a5u450fecd8e48d1674.jpg

3n53kb3oa5Y05Q15T6a5ue436653038fd1a06.jpg

I've done a few minor things, mostly drive-ability things, but I get to do the fun stuff soon!

Welcome aboard Mike! Looks like a sweet old ride for sure now, and it'll only get better. Glad you found the site ... enjoy yourself, and call me if I can ever help out with the Brick. ;-)

Great find. A four door on the road beats a two door under a cover any day, in my book.

Thanks guys. I looked at about 20 newer cars (at my wife's request) when I found the Dart and my 3 an 5 year old kids fell in love with it, as did I. Not uncommon for us to all pile in, and cruise to the Scottsdale Pavilions for a Saturday of car geekiness. I love the 4 door and the local parts yards are full of them to get my needed bits and pieces off of.

...when I found the Dart and my 3 an 5 year old kids fell in love with it, as did I... .

I'm guessing they especially like the bench seat. I cannot understand why bench / column shift has gone out of fashion (even on many new pickups). It is so much more practical.

-
Back