My ride is ready!

-

Fishthatkills

Fish that kills
Reaction score
Well it's complete! The carb swap and all that entails is done! I went from a two barrel BBD to a Carter AFB and I used a stock 68 iron four barrel single plane intake! I ended up using a one inch carb spacer to clear the throttle plate openings and when all was done I now have a great deal more power, and a sweet mid range torque that was never there before! Last night I fabricated my own throttle kickdown link and it works beautifully! I really did not have full actuation before as the stock throttle cable bracket interfered with full movement.

But now, well Holy SH*t Power and and the ability to get out of it's own way! Now it shifts as it's supposed to, down shifting for passing and only letting up when you lift up on the gas and then into third, That's what I am talking about! Yes a little 273, but she has spunk! Can't wait to get my 318 high performance engine build underway, Oh what fun that will be if this is any indication!

So thanks to all who helped me on this one and to those that are thinking the little 273 can't be given a new life, I am here to tell you the carb and intake swap are worth the pain and downtime!

67 272 Cid engine stock
68 Iron four barrel single plane intake
Electronic ignition conversion
Stock exhaust manifolds with custom dual exhaust 2 1/2 inch with Magnaflow and crossover pipe.
A904 tranny

John B.

:supz:

:supz:Congrat's have fun, That's what it's all about. :supz:

What "stock '68 iron four barrel single plane intake" are you refering too??

I bought it from a BOG member "Barracuda Owners Group" about a year and a half ago. It's a 68 Chrysler small block intake cast iron. I would think it's from a 318, or a four barreled 273, not really sure. I do know that it's not the LDB4 or whatever. And it is a single plane for sure. That's it in the picture. I have everything done and ready so the picture is old now. I fabbed my own kick down rod and throttle bracket and all is working great! Lot's more mid-range pull than before. With my puny 7 1/4 with 2.__?? gearing, it's no take off monster but will squeal the tires now no problem!

John B.

I just went and looked at my old emails, It's 67 273 cast iron intake. Bought it in January of 2009! Hope that clears up any confusion! And yes a single plane!

Old picture, I now have all the parts on her, and YES a metal fuel filter. I will take pictures of the completed finished project soon!

John B.

Attachments

• Wanda's new Lungs.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 91
  • Intake.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 94
-
Back