My shop got vandalized....

-

one bad 440

Reaction score
Over this past weekend my shop got vandalized, som *****'es got 5 cars and a boat and its trailer, 20 tires in all got the sidewalls slashed, one of the cars was Dads 61 300 G, they slashed all 4 new coker's and then walked on the hood and roof denting and scratching both and cracked the windshield and sprayed the car with a fire extinguisher they took from the boat... they also pushed my little utility trailer into the left front door of a customers 73 charger, got into a 911 porsche and a volvo and slashed those tires too, of course the porsche has ZR rated tires and the 315 35 17's on the rear are real cheep to replace... they got into a 25' wellcraft and wrecked the inside and before they jumped down out of it they let loose with the fire extinguishers inside the cabin, I have never witnessed such a mess... they also slashed the GY radial trailer tires too. On top of all that I had a friend staying out back for a bit in a camper and he was away for the weekend and they completely trashed his place too. Cops came took all the info, I was in shock. 33 years in business and never once had anything like this happen. They also got into a 69 camaro and made a mess of the inside, opened the hood but did not mess with the S/C 454 luckily... I am so glad my 69 Baracuda was home in bed. After accepting what happened and going thru the extremely angry stage after the shock wore off as I walked around everything Monday I was so disgusted... then I started to notice things like finger prints, hand prints, shoe prints etc... so I called the cops and they sent their CSI guy in, yeah I didnt even know our little town had a person qualified. It was like watching a movie how he worked the scene. Took him 2 hours to finish and 2 1/2 hours after he left they made an arrest and nabbed the f#ckers that did it!!!! In the mean time I made front page of the local paper and made the 5 o'clock news tonight too and the news broadcasted that the vandals were caught!!!! Hopefully this sends a message out for all the other low life scum bags to not do this ****. Now for the real sad part... it was 2 boys, brothers, one is 8 and the other is 10 !!!!! The father doesnt have a pot to piss in so I will never see any restitution and my insurance is jerking me around, of course, I mean what the f#ck is insurance for anyway, right????... Damage is totaling over 10K and will probably be closer to 15K when it is all said and done. F'n kids... F'n parents... I dont know which one is worse...

Indeed. I agree about hangings. Said it for years. The crime rate would PLUMMET. Sorry to hear.

And of course the parents probably argued and said, "My little angels would NEVER do anything like this!"

Thanks guys, yeah it sucks big time. I am so glad they did not get inside. Looks like just a random act of vandalisim. Gonna hurt for a bit paying for all the mess... My customers were good about it, and the cops really did their job. At least I can feel good about them getting caught, I guess...

Sorry for your troubles. Stories like this makes me sick and mad. I'm glad they got caught not that much will come of it. Good luck with the insurance company.

That's horrible to hear.

I hope your dad's 300G is fixable.

The G is repairable, it took 2 years to get it back from the body shop with a very expensive body job that was recently completed and now it will be on its way back there to do it again... Hoods and roofs are the worst things to have repaired correctly.

Wow, that sucks big time, WTH IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE!!! Hope your insurance covers it for you and that these punks learn a lesson.

I am sorry brother, that is horrible to hear about your shop. I dont understand what goes through peoples mind when they do this stuff.

Sucks to read this! 8 and 10 years old?? Have you gotten to yell at them yet??
I dunno whats worse what the kids did, or the insurance company jerking you around?? Good luck with everything...

I think you got it right that the insurance companies are for jerking us off....

Sorry for the loss, glad they caught the scumbags.

Maybe the kids can help clean up the mess as part of their punishment....

that sucks about the damage. glad they caught the kids. hopefully they can do something about them.

I had my garage(which was constantly getting broken into) up north wired with some old tv (flyback) capacitors and they got charged if you broke into the place without hitting the hidden lever to ground them out. you could get in but darned if you could get out. I caught a 17y.o. kid in there laying on the ground out like a light with his hand wrapped around the 383 dual quad manifold and carbs he was stealing, I beat the living hell out of him with a rubber sock and some bolts in it while he was laying there so he would remember NEVER to mess with me again. (unwired the flybacks, hid em in the neighbors garage:glasses7:) and then called the police and the ambulance. kid swore up and down he got electrocuted and wanted to press charges. the cops told him if he was electrocuted he was lucky to be alive and they found no evidence to support it. kid got 3 years for B&E,aggravated assault . weirdly I never got broken into again:D
I'm thinking to do that down here but making it a package deal that can be unplugged and removed, with just wires going to the metal in the building.

I feel that what's mine IS mine, but if you need it, just ask I'll try and help, YOU TAKE it and all bets are off, you are now fair game for anything goes

I dunno whats worse what the kids did, or the insurance company jerking you around??

What's worse is the parents for not raising their kids right, teaching them right from wrong and respect for other people's belongings.

It says a lot when they can pick up a 8 and 10 year old based on finger prints on file. At that young age to already have a criminal record. So that will tel us what they will be like in the future.

Too bad you can't get the Judge to make the children and parents work it off wearing leg irons so they can't escape like the old chain gangs in the South.

-
Back