My Skarkstooth Grille resto

-

Quicktree

Reaction score
My hotrod resto. went with a textured finish.

SDC11702.jpg

SDC11703.jpg

that should bring over 1,200.00 on ebag, since one beat up sold for just shy under 1k !

thanks, you know I thought about trying to do some but it's so dang time consuming. I know why they charge big bucks now. I didn't go with the OEM look on this one. it's a street strip car. I may try a few when I get done with my project. cracks are not to bad to fix but forming broken tabs takes a little time.

Looks great! I have done a couple myself when I was on the mend from surgery.May I add that the center fins should be black,which is alot of work! I used a model paint brush with a sometimes shaky hand.lol.It took me several hours taking my time over a few days,but in the end it looked good! Nice job by the way!

looks great, ya the horizontal fins shoulf be flat black. I restored mine and it took me 3 days to tape off all the silver to spray the fins black, but it looks great

yea I know they are supposed to be black but I like the solid color better. I am thinking about doing some red pin stripes between the fins to match the car color.

SDC11669.jpg

I just used some krylon dull gray from home depot. was actually pretty close to the original. this is a hot rod so being politically correct doesn't bother me. I used a textured krylon first in some places then covered it with the gray.

-
Back