My son and I made it in a Mopar mag !

-

383man

Reaction score
After 51 years I finally got my car in a Mopar mag. Yes my son and I were part of a father/Son Shootout at Cecil County in Md back in Sept and the mag just hit the Newstands ! It is the latest issue of " Mopar Enthuiest ". We had a blast that day as Jr and I raced 4 times. Here is a shot of pop putting it on Jr. Ron

And of course Ron Jr is 21 and gets his car in a mag already. Here is my favorite pic as I got good hook on this pass.

super job! i have said it before and i will say it again....with the members we have on here that have had thier car or cars in any mopar mag they should have a special section or area to show what we at for a bodies only have to offer! their car pics can be posted there and locked to be viewed only. sorta like a trophy room!

After 51 years I finally got my car in a Mopar mag. Yes my son and I were part of a father/Son Shootout at Cecil County in Md back in Sept and the mag just hit the Newstands ! It is the latest issue of " Mopar Enthuiest ". We had a blast that day as Jr and I raced 4 times. Here is a shot of pop putting it on Jr. Ron

congrats for putting MD on the map

Chills ran down my arms for you and your son!!:bounce:
Congratulations Dad,:hello2: And to the apple that did not fall far from the tree.
Out standing. Your family and friends must be pumped for yall.

Congrats on making the magizine.Double congrats for you and your son being able to enjoy mopars together.:axe:

I got mine today and all I can say is I love it and it sure took me long enough to get my car in a mag ! Ron

Ron,congrats...now whats this b-body beating-up on a a-body,we can't have that lol...

Congratulations go out to you & your son!!!!!!! I haven't reieved my issue yet, but I'll be looking for it.

Thanks for the kind replies. Dave (340rules) I was a tad faster that day but we went out last month in good air and Jr cranked out an 11.45 @ 117 and all we did was put fresh plugs in it. I ran 11.52 @ 116 and spun so I think if I had hooked good I would have been in the 11.40's with him but I hurt the rear on the first pass and did not run anymore that day. It was very hot the day we did the shootout. If you look you will see us old guys in shorts on the one photo. But we had to put long pants on to race as it was so hot I wore shorts on the drive up and until we got ready to race and then I went behind my buddies truck and put my long pants on to race. It was so hot I remember the sweat was pouring off my face while staging the car. Ron

You and your son both suck.

I am so jealous,

good job guys:thumbup::thumbup:

Thanks again for the kind replies. Yes we did pull them pics as they actually were not mine and should not have used them without asking. Sorry. Here is a pic from that day that the track photo guy took of me. Ron

277303175.jpg

-
Back