My stroker build thread

-
I couldn't find them on the website. I might have to call them. Or do you have a part# handy? Looking to order tomorrow.

Dude, if you can't find the 6.700 rods on Molnar website then you're going to have big problems building an engine!

When you buy a Mopar crank with 2.200 rod journals you use BB Chevy rods so you have to look in the Chevy section for the rods.

Do you have a copy of my "how to build max performance Mopar big blocks" book? If not you might want to spend $20 on the book before you spend a bunch of money on parts that don't fit or work together.

That's a good book too bad mine is lost in the house somewhere

Nice to see people building big blocks still. I starts thinking everyone was doing the new hemi swaps. I'm building a new stroker right now. I was torn between the 451 and 500. Price isn't too far off either way but I decided the 451 will be a better street engine. I'm going to run the trick flows and the 4150 m1. Haven't decided on a cam yet. Roller would be nice but I've spent enough money lately.

Dude, if you can't find the 6.700 rods on Molnar website then you're going to have big problems building an engine!

When you buy a Mopar crank with 2.200 rod journals you use BB Chevy rods so you have to look in the Chevy section for the rods.

Do you have a copy of my "how to build max performance Mopar big blocks" book? If not you might want to spend $20 on the book before you spend a bunch of money on parts that don't fit or work together.

i figured it out. I was under the assumption that the i was looking for stock mopar WIDTH connecting rods. i thought they were stroker specific. I figured it out that it is indeed a standard chevy big block rod.

I found the rods i needed. molner part # ch6700vtb8-a

molner crank part # 383-3910nc6f

Some guys like stud girdles and others don't. I am a believer in them. As mentioned earlier, my last motor was a 440 based 500" Stroker. Pump gas 760hp with a flat tappet cam. We ran stock main caps with a Hughes stud girdle. I would suggest the girdle.
I disagree with you that the smaller cube motors are better on the street for the simple fact that the bigger the cubes the less rpm you have to turn it. The bigger stroke motor will also make more tq down low.

what do you guys think about these connecting rods from SCAT?

Brand: SCAT Engine Components

Manufacturer's Part Number: 2-454-6700-2200A

Part Type: Connecting Rods

Product Line: Scat H-Beam Connecting Rods

Summit Racing Part Number: SCA-6670022A

UPC: 846091010630

Connecting Rod Length Center to Center (in): 6.700 in.

Connecting Rod Beam Style: H-beam

Connecting Rod Material: Forged 4340 steel

Connecting Rod Finish: Shot-peened and tumbled

Wrist Pin Style: Floating

Clearanced for Stroker: Yes

Cap Retention Style: Cap screw

Connecting Rod Bolt Brand: ARP

Connecting Rod Bolt Diameter: 7/16 in.

Connecting Rod Bolt Material: ARP2000 alloy

Fastener Yield Strength (psi): 200,000 psi

Connecting Rod Bolt Head Style: 12-point

Rod Journal Diameter (in): 2.200 in.

Big End Bore Diameter (in): 2.3250 in.

Pin End Bore Diameter: 0.990 in.

Big End Width (in): 0.992 in.

Weight Matched Set: Yes

Remanufactured: No

Magnafluxed: No

Quantity: Sold as a set of 8.

Notes: Custom pistons are required when using connecting rods with any length other than OE length.

In-Store Pickup: Choose In-store pick-up (OH, GA, NV) on our web site.

Tool Stroker Combinations

These H-beam connecting rods are the strongest Scat connecting rods available. These Scat H-beam connecting rods are perfect for supercharged and nitrous applications. These rods incorporate a special doweled cap for specific cap-to-rod alignment and are profiled with extra clearance for stroker applications.

Warranty

Just to look at ,I bought my Ross and scat rods at Flatlander racing.I bought a early model block and crank off my machine shop.6.535 legnth

Just to look at ,I bought my Ross and scat rods at Flatlander racing.I bought a early model block and crank off my machine shop.6.535 legnth

so you got the scat rods too? happy with them? they looked pretty nice and i got a good deal on them.

All the rods at that level should be fine. Scat k1 copustar molinar ect. It matters most how they are finnished and inspected

well i ordered up the scat rods. they were $582 from summit. Jegs had them for $560. summit matched Jegs pricing and had free shipping and handling. I also had a $220 credit on my account so i walked away with the rods for $339

Those H beam rods should work just fine for you. I used the SCAT I beam rods in my 470. I also went with the SCAT super lightweight crankshaft. The SCAT crank is only 54 lbs so it is about 10 lbs lighter than the Molnar. Bobweight for my 470 was 2222 grams with a shelf stock Diamond piston and a heavy pin.

Attachments

• DSC_9003 (Large).jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 375
Those H beam rods should work just fine for you. I used the SCAT I beam rods in my 470. I also went with the SCAT super lightweight crankshaft. The SCAT crank is only 54 lbs so it is about 10 lbs lighter than the Molnar. Bobweight for my 470 was 2222 grams with a shelf stock Diamond piston and a heavy pin.

What stroke did you use? The 3.91"?

well i spoke with the guys over at scat. they do not make a 3.91 stroke crank as a stock item. they did however offer to machine me one. they quoted me $2400 for the super lite crank in the 3.91 stroke. they also quoted a 3 month lead time. so i went ahead and ordered the molner crank.

I received my connecting rods yesterday and they look to be top quality.

I also spoke with Muscle motors this morning and ordered my pistons. I ended up with a set of Icon pistons with the following specs:

part # IC837
4.375 final bore
.990 wrist pin
12cc dish with valve reliefs

this piston installed at 0-0.05 below deck should result in a static comp. ratio of 10.5 : 1.

Subscribed, sounds like a nice combo.. Curious to see how your 383 likes the new head combination. You gonna stay with the Comp solid you have,or add more lift or duration?

Subscribed, sounds like a nice combo.. Curious to see how your 383 likes the new head combination. You gonna stay with the Comp solid you have,or add more lift or duration?

My 383 is already maxed on valve to piston clearance. It has the speed pro Pistons in it with no valve reliefs. I am going to unbolt the eddy heads. Install the trick flows. Measure for new push rods and run em. Will be a very nice real world back to back comparison. My eddy heads went 11.82 @ 112.59mph at the end of the last race season. I'm predicting 11.50 or better with the swap.

I doubt you will see a 1.3 second drop with just a head swap.

-
Back