My Stroker kit has landed!

-

comoxian

Reaction score
Woohoo, I'm stoked.:cheers:

After a couple cases of bad luck in the last couple years, with the wife getting injured and/or sick and being out of work, I am finally getting to build my 408. Seemed like every time I got the money together, she'd have to be off work for an extended period, eating away any spare money we had.

Looks like this is the year! Ordered it a month or two ago, and it showed up at the shop this last week. Our little speed shop in town is an authorized Indy dealer(or such), and I picked up the kit from them.

Upgraded to the forged crank and better rods, may as well start strong. Gee, all of those shiny parts sure look good. =P~

We'll get everything balanced up this week and then send in the block to have it prepped. I may even be able to have it in the car before the bad weather hits.

I might have to pinch myself, just to make sure I'm not dreaming :toothy10:.

And to top that off, the speed shop dude tells me that there is a car behind his shop with a Dana 60 Sure-Grip, that should fit my car =P~. Says it came out of a '67 GTX, and it should work. I'm thinking it may be too wide, anyone know for sure?

Anyway, I'm still vibrating. Here's a couple quick pics.

IMG_1463.JPG

IMG_1464.JPG

IMG_1465.JPG

IMG_1466.JPG

IMG_1467.JPG

IMG_1468.JPG

IMG_1469.JPG

Nothin like new parts to get the heart a pumpin!!!!!!!

No way the Dana will fit. But, you could grab it if he thinks it will, sell it, and take the cash and build an 8 3/4 for it.

Man I love parts ****!! That looks like one tough bottom end! Good luck, have fun with it!

I would get a measurement off that rear end some b bodies were 44" which is only 1/2" per side wider

I'm gonna get all the pertinent measurements on the rear and see what I can come up with. It's been the hardest part for me to track down so far. I had a really nice Strange Eng. unit all lined up, but the seller sold it out from under me. Gave me three hours to respond, in the middle of a Monday. Well, gee, I'm at work :thebirdm:.

Can't wait to have that 408 on the stand in my shop, where she belongs. Guess my weekends are tied up for a bit now.

Got the frame connectors to install, and I'll have to find a driveshaft too, I guess.

It's all good. Or is that Grrrrrrrreat!!!

:toothy10::toothy10::toothy10::toothy10::toothy10::toothy10::toothy10:

-
Back