My turbo sbf dart

-

cold85

Reaction score
Well this is my dart and before you start throwing rocks at me. The SBF was an issue where rules were changed and I already had the turbo sbf ford motor so I could not justify spending the extra money just to have a turbo sbm. Last year I ran 275 radial with a BB mopar on nitrous.
And I ran 5.40s all year and was not very consistent, so I know i could have gone almost as fast with the BB but I would not have to fight the torque and nose weight with the turbo sbf

dartcivil.jpg

006-1.jpg

003-1.jpg

001-1.jpg

And was doing good with the switch running a 5.19 the low 5.20's all day until I spun and got back it it twice pushing too hard for a win and put it in the wall. But with a new fender and grille will be back next weekend at civil wars

hey man! Awesome Ride, a fast car is just that, a fast car! We used to run a full tube car with an all motor sbc, got it down to a 4.98 @ 136 @ 2350lbs. Its a blast when your running in the low 5's! welcome!

AT least it's a ford engine and not a chevy, haha. Still a beautiful car though and looks like it runs like hell. Any video material to go with that great pic?

Yeah I guess it's o.k. (drops rock behind back). Nah I'm kidding, sweet ride, I wish I had known I could use a sbf, maybe my wife would still love me and I would have a dollar left on my Visa.:sad5:

Hemizack, at least you're in Pennsylvania where remarks like yours can be related to inner breeding :)

Cold85, I like the colors and body style you've chosen and your brazen attitude posting this on a semi purist website

hey man if it make you happy them go for it. who cares what the purest's out there think.

so you got the intercooler in the back seat? Thats wild! Fuel cells in the cab? That would be a rush to drive!

Gotta admire the nice work, and everything. Very nice! Very clean!

But now, I gotta go scratch my eyes out after seeing a SBF installed in a Mopar! EEWEEEEEEEWOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWW!

Well this is my dart and before you start throwing rocks at me. The SBF was an issue where rules were changed and I already had the turbo sbf ford motor so I could not justify spending the extra money just to have a turbo sbm. Last year I ran 275 radial with a BB mopar on nitrous.
And I ran 5.40s all year and was not very consistent, so I know i could have gone almost as fast with the BB but I would not have to fight the torque and nose weight with the turbo sbf

dartcivil.jpg

006-1.jpg

003-1.jpg

001-1.jpg

And was doing good with the switch running a 5.19 the low 5.20's all day until I spun and got back it it twice pushing too hard for a win and put it in the wall. But with a new fender and grille will be back next weekend at civil wars
It's got a Dana where it counts that's all that matters. Cool car.

hemizack, at least you're in pennsylvania where remarks like yours can be related to inner breeding :)

cold85, i like the colors and body style you've chosen and your brazen attitude posting this on a semi purist website
lmao!!

nice car.:angry7:. you got that ford to run that fast.. I can only imagine what you could do with a mopar with all that money:cheers:sorry

looks good! just one Q: it looks like you are running diagonal frontrunners, does it drive ok with the radials in the rear? alot of people says its a bad thing to mix:S

My N/A 514 66 Falcon ran 5.70's and was a blast! Traded it for my Cuda... Look in the w/s at the "RUEZ" over PT/NT, everyone wondered!! Lol! Also had a sticker on the 1/4 glass that read "Crazy white boy inside" with the intel swoosh. Car is running 5.40's now with a cam change. Kinda miss it a little.

FORD= Fast On Race Day

Nice ride dude!

Attachments

• fierce falcon wheel stand.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 471
  • dabird.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 464
God I loved that car when you first posted pics here but the thrill is gone.Really nice car but it does nothing for me now.That motor would be faster in a fox body.

this got me thinking of the saying: "anyone can restore an old car,but it takes a real man to cut one up"
kind of similar to doing these engineswaps:)

Thanks guys for the post, I put the car in the wall in a 275 finals early this year. so I put a wrap on the car.

BTW I ran a 4.96@147 this weekend at SGMP

chad.jpg

man thw wrap looks great. I have been debating a wrap. I'll probably just leave my car s is for now. (with the worn down paint and surface rustshowing through)

-
Back