my version of a RED-NECK GARAGE !!!!!!!!!!!!

-

340plot

the bushy bush
Reaction score
ok, here is a list of all the material i have into it!.

2nd hand lumber, metal roofing,8"block, cement and nails..............138.50
someone gave me enough tan siding to do a double wide house.
thank goodness, i am a jack of all trades, and master of none, so i was able to pour my own footings and lay my own block.
existing garage was 12x 20 and it was too small. so i decided to lift the roof on both sides, and add to it.. on one side is 13x30, and the other bay is 12x22. the reason i could not lift the entire bak roof was beacuse there is a electric wire pole right up against the garage wall.

i had a major delima when i did the whole left side first, as there is a 12x12 pad already poured in there. so, i did not want to have to rip it up, so i decided to build the rest to that height................f****dge!. with this mistake, if you look, i had to dig out the right side by almost three feet, and it was full of wheel barrel size boulders!. my old landlord, the one who sold me the house let me use his ford, yes, i know a ford in my driveway is crazy!, it is a stout little machine. it dug it out. finally got done the other day, and since i knew that i would have a problem with the wood rotting out, and water comming in if i put the top of concrete 2.5 feet below grade, would just not work. only way to address the issue is to put in a block all, and tar it, and come up high enough over grade............

now i am putting up the right wall, and the back section, as i remove my supports. we have had 100 mph winds here in the last few weeks, and it stood the test !
here is where i am at right now, got another 3 days of work, and should be done.
i cannot afford the concrete for quite some time, but hey, ill get it eventually will get it!

while i had the machine here, i decided to dig out the asphalt in front of my house. on tthe right side of the house use to be a carport, but when we redid the house,we closed it in, a nd brought the floor up to the living room height and made our living room 2wice the size. but everytime i came up the driveway, i hated to see the asphalt lead right to that old carport.........not no more!. i ripped it all out, and will now put some seed down, and then will not look like the driveway goes right into my living room !

it is not the best of builds, but alot of material was givin to me, and i do not have anyone helping me, so i think that for what i have invested, it should hold up for 10 years, then i can plot a 35x60 on my little property!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    159.6 KB · Views: 445
  • 002.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 441
  • 001.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 447
  • 010.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 439
  • 009.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 452
  • 008.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 448
  • 007.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 439
  • 006.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 450
  • 005.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 456
  • 004.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 437
man thats a sweet little pad ya got up n them ther hills. i would love to be surrounded by all that green

lookin good

73abodee, yea, the views are awesome out here. here is a pic off my front porch

Attachments

• 011.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 420
Very nice Lookin good. And the cost is great too. If you were closer I would help you do it. I am pretty good at layin block and very good with wood

yea, i did alot of masonry work for years, but wood, forget about it!. i cannot gat a level stud put up to save my life. i just started at the end, and nailed the 1x4 ft sheets of plywood, and put the whole row up, then put a stud at the end of them, and sometimes, i still have to put another stud to it, as once i nail the stud down to the sill plate, it moves over like 3 inches.lmao

You should put a stud in every 4 ft. And just an idea you could put a 4 gang outlet on every other stud and then you will have an outlet everywhere. Did it in my grandpas pole barn and its great.

lol, i did enough of moving the ceiling.lol i do not think it can take much more.lol i lifted both side so much, it pulled out all the nails to the center support, so i had to add 2x along it, just so i could nail into something

i got plenty of room to use a rotessire, so i am happy!

I am dig'en you place Plot!! Job well dun :cheers:
I live on a hill/ridge you live on a mouton :happy2:
The old asphalt :-k do you have a path out in the wooded area you could lay it back on the ground :-k I see you do have a work horse Ford there :happy1:

The house I bought had a 30x40 barn and one side was about 5" higher than the other. Got to talking with the neighbor and found out it is rabbit crap the PO had over 100 rabbits on that side!!! Guess I have lots of fertilizer.

memike, i have never tried to set it all back into plACE.lol, and i think my wife would kill me. she told me to hide all my red-neck engineering with siding!!!!!!!!!

she would blow a gasket with asphalt reused somewhere.lol

I like the mini-dozer in the 2nd pic. Cool build, nice trees!

lol@pishta !!!!!! my son had all 23 of them out there, grading and dozing the new land !!

man, they are the moments i will never forget in this lifetime. he is getting too big too fast!

as for the ford, it is a small diesel, and it worked wonders. it would have taken me 3 years to dig out the dirt it moved in a few half days!. and cost liuke 25 in fuel

Looking good Plot. Did you fill those blocks with concrete? I think i would on the wall that has the most dirt behind it. Just my thought. With all that work when do we have time to work on cars?

-
Back