My WalMart carries AR-15's

-
When I was very young and still knew everything I thought the 1911 was just all wrong due to not having a "sexy" angle to the grip. Mark Twain moment !!!!!

Me too barge.... been there and saw the light after the first couple shots. John Browning was as right in 1911 as he is now, 100 years later. The power of a .45 Colt and one extra round plus a quick reload and a great trigger pull...

The man was a genius...

My walmart only carries one mini 14 along with the usual .22's, bolt actions and shotguns. They used to have good prices on ammo but they hiked them up so now I buy most of my stuff online or at Academy on sale. The 7.62x39 for my bulgarian ak ends up at least $1 a box cheaper including shipping. When my usual order is between 80 to 100 boxes thats a big deal. Not to mention I have been trying to steer clear of that place lately and support the little guy.

As far as the anti-gunners go you can do and believe whatever you want. I have firearms for protection and because it's a hobby I enjoy. I am a firm believer in the old saying "I'd rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it."

Edit.... My buds with their Ak's are lucky to hit a paper plate at 100 much less 150.. russian slop.....

Boy your buds must be some really crappy shots or have some seriously ancient barrels! I could nail that all day long with my bulgy and stock irons. All AK's are not built equal, in the AR world like a DPMS Oracle vs. a SR-556.

Funny thing about gun laws. They are supposed to stop criminals, right? You know how criminals are, following laws and all. Anyway, I love how cheap 7.62x39 is at wally! You know, the food for those cuddly AK/SKS that many people like me enjoy! I will get an AR one day, if I can stop spending so much on car parts..

Guy's--You can have all the guns in the world like a lot of my friends but what people forget is If tomorrow AMMO was outlawed how many rounds do YOU have for each of your weapons???? Think about it and STOCK-UP--I reload my own and have in excess of 2000 rounds for my some 25 rifles,Shot-guns and hand cannon's THINK ABOUT IT!!!! Steve

thats it... and now i im even selling and buying so i can have most my guns the same round... but remember to have a gun for a job... a good long range hunting/sniper rifle, medium range battle rifle, Back up pistol, and home defense, i.e. shot gun...

no i see Assault Rifle being thrown around... now i know CA has bread everyone to think anything other than a bolt action to be an assault rifle but thats not true... a TRUE assault weapon is one the can fired on full auto or 2/3 round burst...

something to think about also... having a rack of guns and cases of ammo is great! but you need thousands of rounds of seat time, under stress, fixing jambs, fast mag changes, ect...

here is my Ar, A2 upper with 20" barrel... and that target is 100yrds unloading a 30 round mag in about 25 seconds...

Attachments

• 100_5418.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 190
  • 100_5435.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 208
I stumbled into a new Sig M400 AR15 at Wal Mart yesterday. I'd been checking with the local little guy gun stores that I usually buy from, and they all said it would be December before they could get me a factory black M400. :banghead: I saw the black one at Wally World day before yesterday.....and needless to say, it ain't at Wal Mart anymore! :D

Just sold my M4 :banghead: but it was for parts:cheers:. I think its great they sell them. Sears used to sell Thompson machine guns years ago. Walmarts here made a 2 box limit on ammo. I preffer to buy from the mom and pop places however. If people dont like owning guns dont buy one or move somewhere else. Got my first rifle at 6 years old. I have never shot someone in anger or by accident. I have gotten threatened with my pistol on me and never pulled it. Its stupidity and evil that kills and trust me if they dont have a gun or knife they will find another way. I hunt and enjoy marksmanship. But if you try and take my Gun you better have a bigger one.:D

Took this pic about 5 minutes ago. I think that I could hold my own for a while. And yes the clips are ready to go. It's a Pre-ban AR15 A2.

very nice AR15 you have there. I to have one but mine is a DPMS AR15 A2 in 223. I bought one because i shot the m16a1/a2 for 12 years in the army reserves and know the ins and outs of the AR brand. But my next weapon is going to be a AR10 in 308 chamber but damn they are a lot of $$$$ compared to the price i payed for my DPMS. I have been buying American eagle 223 ammo at walmart for around $6.0 a box of 20. have about 400 rounds bought but want to get up to around 2,000 rounds.also my walmart sells everything except hand guns but sell the ammo. also want to get a colt 1911 in 45. Mopar65

very nice AR15 you have there. I to have one but mine is a DPMS AR15 A2 in 223. I bought one because i shot the m16a1/a2 for 12 years in the army reserves and know the ins and outs of the AR brand. But my next weapon is going to be a AR10 in 308 chamber but damn they are a lot of $$$$ compared to the price i payed for my DPMS. I have been buying American eagle 223 ammo at walmart for around $6.0 a box of 20. have about 400 rounds bought but want to get up to around 2,000 rounds.also my walmart sells everything except hand guns but sell the ammo. also want to get a colt 1911 in 45. Mopar65

ive heard the DPMS tend to break the bolts... doont know if there is truth to that...

but get a series 80... the officers is best size in my opinion...

Attachments

• 100_5431.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 171
ive heard the DPMS tend to break the bolts... doont know if there is truth to that...

but get a series 80... the officers is best size in my opinion...

ok thanks for the info. but so far i have only shot 200 rounds out of it and not have heard anything about the bolt braking. Now i did have a problem with the dpms wanting to short cycle on me and wasting my time trying to get help from dpms. I took the ar15 to my old boss that builds all different kinds of AR15 and he found out the buffer spring was bad. cant remember what was wrong but it fixed my Ar15. For a time i think had the worlds only single shot AR-15.lol i hope to buy a 1911 next year at tax time. Thanks Mopar65

There are only a few companies that actually make the main components for AR's. Same company that makes the bolt for them is probably also sitting in many other name brands out there. Kind of like the one company that produces lowers but then sells them to 20 other companies that just slap their names on it.

I posted this....but deleted earlier

those goofy libs...they scream about "their" rights while they try to legislate our rights...in the U.S.Constitution and the Bill of Rights... away.

2011 Gun Salesman of the Year....Barack Hussain Obama

looks like he ...and Hillary might share the award this year...our wonderful Secretary of State..who swore an Oath to support and defend our Constitution has signed on to a UN treaty to BAN all guns in the United States...you make the call!!

be ready...be vigilant...my Patriot friends
x2 They can't see the big picture. If treaty would be signed by U.S. it would make the second amendment null and void. Vote the "king" in again and all your rights will go by by.

There are only a few companies that actually make the main components for AR's. Same company that makes the bolt for them is probably also sitting in many other name brands out there. Kind of like the one company that produces lowers but then sells them to 20 other companies that just slap their names on it.

this is very true... i cant find the artical but i thought it said that the DMPS built and had bolts break more than normal...

Nice to see pro gun people on here.

Being in upstate New York,we have the hardest new gun control ever invented.
They call it the safe act.
What a joke......we can only have seven rounds in our clips.

I guess it keeps everyone safer because all the gun owners here in New York are thought of as potential killers.--- right?????

How can a good person have to many rounds to fire in the process of defending themselves and others from harm????

I'm sure that the governor's security force has only 7 rounds in their guns?

^ not trying to sound mean so please don't take it that way. So why not move to a different state? Better weather, better gun laws, lower income tax, I can go on but you get the idea.

Our Wal Mart in Milledgeville, Georgia carries guns. Up until the school shooting, they had all kinda of AR rifles. Now all they carry is single shot bolt action rifles and shotguns.

Our Wal Mart in Milledgeville, Georgia carries guns. Up until the school shooting, they had all kinda of AR rifles. Now all they carry is single shot bolt action rifles and shotguns.

Yeah noticed that too and my local walmart. Hard to find 556 as well.

I just went to a Gander mountain in Grand Rapids, Mi. and they have several hundred handguns, rifles, and shotguns. They actually had a couple .50 caliber rifles if you have a problem with kids racing army tanks up and down your street. "POW"! I really wanted a Springfield M1 in wood stock, but they only had one in black composite for 2k.](*,) I was also at Cabelas to return some .41 calber magnum ammo that I purchased on line by mistake. You'd think I was trying to return radio active waste! I was also shut down by the mods here yesterday for trying to sell the ammo! Not so gun friendly!

-
Back