My WalMart carries AR-15's

-
hey...I got the carbine ...Rugar 556C....cept I can't shoot as consistant as you...maybe with a little more practice

HemiDenny, My Father..God Rest his Soul, was a Marine and fought in WWII. He taught me how to shoot and those shots I was telling about was in the grass outdoors and prone with a folding bipod. I have witnesses, lol. The SR 556 I have is just incredible, but maybe I have a fluke. Sometimes all the manufactures tolerances add up into the consumers favor. ;)

I haven't shot an AR-15 in about 25 years. I remember it to be deadly accurate. I can't wait to shoot it. MMG

Do it MMG! My SR 556 shoots best with American Eagle (Federal) ammo which can be had for about 300 bucks for a thousand rounds from Cheaper Than Dirt. :D

I do use a Burris XTR 1 x 4 scope, made right here in Greeley Colorado. Not cheap, but necessary for me since I'm left eye dominant.

I need to find some x-military...for some pointers

I bought my last HATE from Wal-mart. Here in Wyoming Wal-Marts would probably go broke if they didn't sell guns and ammo:) My next gun probably won't come from WalMart though.....I don't believe they have anything chambered in 338 Lapua.

Took this pic about 5 minutes ago. I think that I could hold my own for a while. And yes the clips are ready to go. It's a Pre-ban AR15 A2.

Attachments

• Ar.jpg
    201.8 KB · Views: 118
  • Ar2.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 117
.338 Lapua is about 80 bucks a box of 20 last time I checked, lol. I picked up a Savage bolt action in .300 Win Mag for those really long range shots....

BTW, both these rifles were bought from local gun shops. :)

Ya, 338 Lapua is pretty pricey but WAY fun. That's why I'm still just dreaming about it! I've got a bolt hunting rifle in 300 Win-Mag for those antisocial elk.

Very nice brother BadDart. MMG

Sweet BadDart!

I got me a mini14. Fun gun.

Those Mini 14's are nothing to sneeze at. They're essentialy an M1A1 sized down and super reliable and for those doubters, yes I've put about 50 rounds through one.

Ya, 338 Lapua is pretty pricey but WAY fun. That's why I'm still just dreaming about it! I've got a bolt hunting rifle in 300 Win-Mag for those antisocial elk.

The .300 Win Mag is the Yellow pages of rifles...... reach out and touch someone, lol. I have a Burris long eye relief 3x9 scope on that wicked weapon. Yep, psycho moose, elk, ect have no chance if we keep our cool... lol!

I thought I was posting this originally on this thread so here 'tis now. Not ours but may be taking on consignment. Sighted around the neighborhood thru the scope and only caused two auto acidents and eight 911 calls ( kidding ).

fulton armory stripped upper and lower and chrome bolt carrier group, krieger criterion barrel 7.62 1/12 twist, daniel defense 7.62 12" light rail, vltor emod stock, rock river 2 stage NM triger and lower parts kit, rock river scope mount, leopold mark ar mil-dot 3-9x40 scope, magpul magazines, harris bypod. i cant remember who made the bypod mount or the buffer and spring. the upper and lower use the same layout as the dpms .308.

Attachments

• jsw_imag0026.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 124
  • jsw_imag0030.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 117
Barge, I have a friend who's been looking for an AR10....... PM me...

Here's my potato killer, ;)

Attachments

• ScreenHunter_02 Jan. 08 20.57.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 116
AR-15's huh? yeah, well my walmart sells AR-16's!!!! just kidding haha. Yeah here in cali we get ammo at our walmarts :/. thats it

Barge, is that a Vltor extended charging handle on that .308?

I can't honestly say Joe and the rifle is at the shop. We asked the builder to bring for a "Show & Tell" and ended up keeping for an extra day. I can check tomorrow, been too busy fondling the Kimber BD present I'm not supposed to know about.

I can't honestly say Joe and the rifle is at the shop. We asked the builder to bring for a "Show & Tell" and ended up keeping for an extra day. I can check tomorrow, been too busy fondling the Kimber BD present I'm not supposed to know about.

Fair enough and it's really a good deal for all the work put into it. Lol on the Kimber... :D

Fair enough and it's really a good deal for all the work put into it. Lol on the Kimber... :D

WELL................as a dealer I really had to test fire the Kimber. Was proud of myself........saw the muzzle flash half the time in daylight and punched out a quater size hole at 20 yds. I kinda really wanted to sell it but who am I to argue with the wife.

WELL................as a dealer I really had to test fire the Kimber. Was proud of myself........saw the muzzle flash half the time in daylight and punched out a quater size hole at 20 yds. I kinda really wanted to sell it but who am I to argue with the wife.

From a rest or modified weaver stance with the Kimber? I can pretty much do a orange size hole at 15 yrds quickly and pressured with my modded RIA .45 Sounds like you're a dead shot!

From a rest or modified weaver stance with the Kimber? I can pretty much do a orange size hole at 15 yrds quickly and pressured with my modded RIA .45 Sounds like you're a dead shot!

I do the modified with my own modified grip ( between the modern and cup and saucer, left thumb is locked between right middle and ring finger ) and it's the 1911 trigger that helps me. With my Glock or Ruger SR9 I pull left and down. Still gotta work on that. My Colt Mk4 Series 80 is sweet but the Kimber is OH SO sweet. I will be so surprised in 6 days, 23 hours, 42 minutes...........not that I'm counting.

Yep, it's that dang wonderful trigger on a good 1911 that makes all the difference.... Not to mention the 230 grain "flying ashtrays" it launches at the target. ;)

I've heard some 9mm fans call it "...flinging mini planetoids at the enemy", lol!

Yep, it's that dang wonderful trigger on a good 1911 that makes all the difference.... Not to mention the 230 grain "flying ashtrays" it flings at the enemy. ;)

When I was very young and still knew everything I thought the 1911 was just all wrong due to not having a "sexy" angle to the grip. Mark Twain moment !!!!!

BTW, who can see the error in my photo.... LMAO!

Ya got us ! Didn't look close. Might there be a problem with sight picture ? I did miss THAT post , at least the pic which I should have looked at closer. ( picture embarassed )

Ya got us ! Didn't look close. Might there be a problem with sight picture ? I did miss THAT post , at least the pic which I should have looked at closer. ( picture embarassed )

LOL! Yes, I was wondering why the QR lever was on the wrong side when I slapped it on for the pic. :D

-
Back