my welcome home from work gift.

-

forced 340

Reaction score
this is what i got to see when i got home from a shitty day at work yesterday... it just topped my day off. a trans cooler fell from the rafters from the vibrations of the door opening and landed on my fiberglass fender extension, hood, and hood scoop... the car is going to a photo shoot sat morning, well it was....

Attachments

• IMAG1263.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 404
  • IMAG1264.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 411
  • IMAG1265.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 394
  • IMAG1266.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 378
  • IMAG1267.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 394
yes it does!!

That can be fixed, but if it hit the top of someone'e head or ear it could be worse, sorry to see this.
I know how sharp a trans cooler is, they hit like a knife.

Bummer, atleast you can pull the extension and paint it, easier than the whole fender. Could the hood be touched up and buffed out?

For the photo shoot get some fingernail polish the same color and fill in the bad spot. It sounds silly but it works as a temporary fix.

touch it up real fast. a phot shoot probably won't even pick it up if the color is close. hell look at my sig pic. does my dart look like the rust bucket that it is? lol

and clean the damn rafters out before something falls on a person.

it can all be fixed.. i work at a dealer with an awesome body shop! the painter owes me some favors so i hope to have her fixed next week. i can just build up the paint on the hood and scoop, then sand and buff it out... not the first time ive had to do that on that car! it wasnt a normal trans cooler either! its from a f-450 super duty so its 2'x5'' wide X 1'x25'' tall X 1.25'' thick! i used one for my heat exchanger for the intercooler system on this car... it could have been much worse...

touch it up real fast. a phot shoot probably won't even pick it up if the color is close. hell look at my sig pic. does my dart look like the rust bucket that it is? lol

and clean the damn rafters out before something falls on a person.

lol thanks! it sure dont look like one!! hey.. i am looking for the same rocker trim u have. ever see any?

the little stainless strip??

yes lots of 71 darts came with that. not sure if i have any here or not though. i can look.

thanks abody! i know 70's didnt come with them, i just like the way the car looks with a black vinyl top and black rockers..

Daymn! That big ole radiator took off a bunch of layers. Sucks... I like your car.

attachment.php

And that's exactly the reason why there's nothing in the rafters above my Demon. Ugh, that would make me cry.

Wylde1.

I think the trans cooler should be punished severely

That sucks, so I fixed for y'a

Attachments

• IMAG1264.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 255
its a bit of a hassle but if you only drive the car once in a while, its not a bad idea to put a car cover over it to get the dust off and give it some protection

Looks like that fender had underlying issues anyway and the radiator just decided to show it to you. Sucks that it had to happen right before a photo shoot though.

Any hot mopar babe can cover that .
Like they say "Make lemonaide".

-
Back