My wiper arm keeps falling off

-

pettybludart

Reaction score
Everytime my wiper arm falls off,I try to put it back on firmer.Falls of again and again.Any suggestions as to keeping on permanently.Thanks

Hole in the arm is probably worn out. Try a replacement

Sorry guys,Ishould have said ,My wiper arm that attaches to the motor.You know the one with the plastic thingy(under dash)It keeps comeing off.How can I get it to stay on?I don,t even drive it in the rain,but I,m sure one day I,ll get caught in the rain.Thanks

I went out and looked on my car. It is a 70 Dart. Don't know if they are the same or not but here is what I saw. Just about every thing has a clip of some kind. Except one connection. One arm goes through a shaft. There is no clip on this shaft holding it together. The end of the shaft is mushroomed out to hold the shaft on. Is that what you are talking about?

You might be missing the spring washer that goes on the joint in conjunction with the retainer clip. The spring washer should look like a thin cupped washer that goes on beneath the retainer clip. It holds tension against the arm and retainer clip.

they vary with year model. Some have only one nut on the motor shaft and everything else put together with nylon ball sockets. Those can be replaced. Just about any part store has them.

they sell the replacement bushings to fix that in the help section at most auto parts stores,in your case there is no clip to retain it,it is just a plastic bushing that presses on to the wiper motor. good luck

Thanks waggin!Thats the one,there is no clip,nut it,s a round plastic bushing with two tabs.This seems to turn into the arm with maybe two threads.I think I,ll have to replace it.Thanks everyone.I,m learning more and more everyday on the Mopars.I,ve worked for years on Chebby,s Ford,s.Mopar 1 1/2 years.

-
Back