Mystery Argentinean Head Pics!!

-
Being it was a prototype casting over 50 years ago, it probably was limited to just a few castings. The fact that its unrecognized by your friend likely means it didn't produce favorable results and other prototypes of other heads took the spotlight.....

Being it was a prototype casting over 50 years ago, it probably was limited to just a few castings. The fact that its unrecognized by your friend likely means it didn't produce favorable results and other prototypes of other heads took the spotlight.....
Which one's are You referring to, the Tahuil Co., or the 24v DOHC Cecares Formula SP one? The date of the Tahuil Co. one is a mystery, I'm really just trying to fill a little historical void in, a company involved in a complete redesign & casting of a Slanty head had to have more irons in the fire..

Do you have pictures other than those thumbnails?
I lifted the 24v head images from the Slant Six Forum link I posted, not best quality. As I told RRR, the other 2 pics of the Tahuil Co. head are gone except the way I displayed them, the photobucket account was tied to/referenced to the poster Polara1974......the same Member that posted the thread I linked above about the Cecares head. I don't recall the name on the photobucket account, I think there may have been a couple more images there, but w/o a name or access this is all.

Yea I followed the link on .org and they are not available.
I was just curious, really looks like a dead end.

Sad that Edelbrock and others make a jeep head but slants don't get much love.
Thanks for what you posted.

Which one's are You referring to, the Tahuil Co., or the 24v DOHC Cecares Formula SP one? The date of the Tahuil Co. one is a mystery, I'm really just trying to fill a little historical void in, a company involved in a complete redesign & casting of a Slanty head had to have more irons in the fire..
The link that takes you back to .org says circa 1969 for the magazine picture it was in, so who knows how much older the heads actually were prior to that, but over 50 years old at this time.

The link that takes you back to .org says circa 1969 for the magazine picture it was in, so who knows how much older the heads actually were prior to that, but over 50 years old at this time.
The article is for the 24v head Scott, I'm trying to fill the other head's origin/involved parties, AFAIK Cecares had nothing to do with that 'Tahuil Co.' head.

I've offered several times to let someone use my closed chamber head to produce one out of aluminum. So far, no takers.

An aluminum Jeep cylinder head sells for $1800 from Summit.
How many slanters would step up the plate to pay that for a head?
I would.

An aluminum Jeep cylinder head sells for $1800 from Summit.
How many slanters would step up the plate to pay that for a head?
I would.
I bet we could get 20-30 people to seriously commit at least. Just have to spread the word amongst all the sites/social media/race tracks.

The problem is getting 30+ people to agree on what a $2-3000 head looks like. I would want a closed chamber, and enough meat added in to be able to port it to 250+ cfm on the intake side.

I bet we could get 20-30 people to seriously commit at least. Just have to spread the word amongst all the sites/social media/race tracks.

The problem is getting 30+ people to agree on what a $2-3000 head looks like. I would want a closed chamber, and enough meat added in to be able to port it to 250+ cfm on the intake side.
It's been tried before and never made it off the ground.

Much bigger market for Jeeps. The local Jeep club has a lot of functions, and I see 15-20 jeeps going down the road together. There is a local machine shop that has stopped doing "outside" work. They are just doing jeep engines. As far as I know I am the only serious slant six fan in my area.

Much bigger market for Jeeps. The local Jeep club has a lot of functions, and I see 15-20 jeeps going down the road together. There is a local machine shop that has stopped doing "outside" work. They are just doing jeep engines. As far as I know I am the only serious slant six fan in my area.
Yup. It's like I tell people. Mopar is a niche market. That makes slant six guys a niche of a niche market. lol

The article is for the 24v head Scott, I'm trying to fill the other head's origin/involved parties, AFAIK Cecares had nothing to do with that 'Tahuil Co.' head.
Oh, I was under the impression both heads were connected somehow to the same designer and manufacturer.....

-
Back