Mystery Carb Part. What is it???

-

mopowers

Reaction score
I recently acquired an old 750 3310 Holley. When taking the primary bowl off, this little piece fell out. I don't recall ever seeing this before. Any idea what it is???

Thanks!

Picture1117172152_1(1).jpg

Picture1117172152_1.jpg

It fits up in the pins that align the metering block, I think it's a vent baffle. For the record, the last Holley 4bbl I was "into" was at least 15 years ago, LMAO

So fashion

ventbaffle.jpg

Why on earth I could have remembered that detail is far beyond me

Improperly installed in the picture it goes under the gasket.
IIRC. I'm old

Last edited:
Thanks guys. Never seen these before. I take it these are what they used before they started using the vent whistles?

That might be hard to "say." "Differences." Been a long time but EG Ford, Chev, marine, aftermarket, "there were differences." Maybe, EG Holley had "some luck" with some problems with some marine carbs, and eventually the baffle found it's way. Maybe Ford specified "something different."

Improperly installed in the picture it goes under the gasket.
IIRC. I'm old
Ah, but... the black one has offsets stamped in it so it may belong on top the gasket. The flat brass one would go under.

You can put them in wrong, I did once and it fell out holding the float open, flooded the carb and filled the whole outside of the intake manifold with gas.
While driving down the interstate.

I had the tools to fix it on the spot but had it towed, because the oil level was "extra full" and the gallon or so of gas laying on top of the manifold.

Lesson well learned.

-
Back