mythbusters lol

-

tyler_s18

k-member
Reaction score
so i have been watchin mythbusters and they did the myth of throwing live bullets in a fire. well i thought of memike when i saw it and how he had a close call some time ago. i believe they "busted" it so you can not get shot by a bullet in a fire. well i know you can. is it just me or dose alot of their stuff not add up? i think they could do the experiments better in a lot of situations and get better results. i still like watching it cuz it dose make you think i just wanted to see what you all thought lol

I agree with you. There have been a lot of times that I thought they were off base with their experiments, and then they make unfounded conclusions. I don't think they have spent enough time in the real world. Bunch of Hollywood crappola if you ask me.
I do like it when they blow things up, though!:cheers:

I LOVE Mythbusters! I like the episodes when they get drunk. : )
I'm in love with that Kari chick too. I swear she's stoned all the time. She's always giggling about nothing.

can we get a mythbusters about the length of 318 vs.360 pushrods please?

Did you see the episode when they were doing car movie myths.

They dropped that Honda Accord from that cranne 400 feet in the air, it nosed down and turned into a rolly poly cube.

Then they dropped that BMW from 4000 feet and pancaked it.

They drove that late 80's 5th Ave under a truck to rip the roof off and it kept going.

mmmmm.....

1062722.jpg

I'm in love with that Carrie chick too.

Have you seen this weeks episode yet? Carrie appears to be about 6 months pregnant. Looks like someone's ahead of you .... :-D

All kidding aside, me & my Wife are hooked on that show. Even though I've seen conclusions that were questionable, it's still great entertainment. ESPECIALLY when they blow stuff up. I loved it when they vaporized the cement truck.

yeah sorry guys i beat you to her..... i wish. but i do live close to the alameda air base where they do some of their tests.

Yea, I noticed she was preggo awhile ago. She's still hot anyway.
I'd like to meet her, in a non stalker kind of way :)

She's actually more "cute" than "hot", but whatever???

lol this thread became much better then i was thinkin:) ya she is hott but u didnt hear that from me lol

Yep, Kari's a hottie, no doubt. =P~=P~=P~

I think they meant that bullets in a fire would not be fatal, not that you couldn't get hit or your skin punctured by the case or bullet. It really is a fun show and I agree that their science isn't perfect, but it is pretty close and like everyone else says, explosions rock! :supz:

kari_byron_shark_bikini.jpg

I liked the show better when it was just Adam and Jamie. Too me it looks like they put alot of time into something that isn't worth it. Like make a servo control a trigger on a gun by remote, which felt like a 1/4 of the show, then didn't work and they tied a string too it anyway. The show kinda lost its luster to me after a couple of shows like that.

Was on Valencia street in San francisco over the summer, it was about 9ish and I was in some little store and should walk in, but Tory. He was a cool guy, a little shy, talked to him for a few minutes and got a pic. I'm from sonoma and they film in and around there a lot lately it seems.

Sorry, but that show has "jumped the shark". If you don't know what that means, Google it. I'm a longtime fan, been watching it since the beginning. It used to be very informative and I felt like I learned something every episode. Now every show has to end with a giant explosion. The explosions were cool for a while, but when every show ends like that, it gets old. Plus, they now have this annoying habit of showing the final explosion at the beginning of the show. Why bother with that?

Another annoying thing is when in one episode, they kept referring to Nitrous Oxide as "NOX". They're supposed to be all scientific. If they were, they would know that NOX stands for Oxides of Nitrogen, a by product of combustion, which is the major component of smog. Nitrous Oxide is N2O.

About 35 years ago I worked at Remington Arms in Lonoke, AR. One of my responsibilities was to dump scrap lead into one of two huge remelting pots.
During a bit of a break, I took a .357 round and set it on the edge of one of the pots. I wanted to see what happened when it cooked off. I took cover behind a fork lift and waited.
After about five minutes the round went off. The bullet flew up and hit an overhead light that was about 20 feet high. It shattered the bulb but it didn't dent the metal housing so I doubt the round would have done much more than sting badly.
But, the casing was completely destroyed. The only thing I could find was the head of the casing. The rest of the brass was gone.
So, while the bullet might not hurt you, I'm afraid the shrapnel from the casing might do some damage.

Sorry, but that show has "jumped the shark". If you don't know what that means, Google it. I'm a longtime fan, been watching it since the beginning. It used to be very informative and I felt like I learned something every episode. Now every show has to end with a giant explosion. The explosions were cool for a while, but when every show ends like that, it gets old. Plus, they now have this annoying habit of showing the final explosion at the beginning of the show. Why bother with that?

I agree..

For me the one experiment that was bogus is when they shot a bullet straight up and then "proved " that it couldn't kill ya at the end of its trajectory on the way down...

They even had a Emergency Room Doctor there, and ther Doc said that he had seen a few deaths occur this way, so even the Doc disagreed with theri "conclusion"...

For years here in SoCal, we've had reports that people get killed by falling bullets fired into up into the air during New Years' and July 4th Celebrations..

I like the show but some times after trying some thing one time they say. "It's a myth"

Like the one they did where they swung two hammers together to see if they would brake and throw any metal shards out. They slamed the hammers together for a while but nothing hapened so they call it a myth.

But my dad says it is no myth, he has seen it happen. And I tend to beleve him as he has more than likely swung a lot more hammers in his life then all the people on that show put together.

I agree..

For me the one experiment that was bogus is when they shot a bullet straight up and then "proved " that it couldn't kill ya at the end of its trajectory on the way down...

They even had a Emergency Room Doctor there, and ther Doc said that he had seen a few deaths occur this way, so even the Doc disagreed with theri "conclusion"...

For years here in SoCal, we've had reports that people get killed by falling bullets fired into up into the air during New Years' and July 4th Celebrations..

I think you may have missed the point that a bullet fired at an exactly 90 degree angle to the ground will expend all it's energy and drop at only it's terminal velocity. A bullet fired at anything but 90 degrees will retain some of it's energy dependent on the angle the firearm is held which can very well kill someone. Bullets fired in revelry will very seldom be held at an exact angle, hence the danger. Mythbusters and the doctor were correct.

I like the show but some times after trying some thing one time they say. "It's a myth"

Like the one they did where they swung two hammers together to see if they would brake and throw any metal shards out. They slamed the hammers together for a while but nothing hapened so they call it a myth.

But my dad says it is no myth, he has seen it happen. And I tend to beleve him as he has more than likely swung a lot more hammers in his life then all the people on that show put together.

Hammers will shatter. Notice how they left out the crappy cast variety when filming that show. A great example of poor science on their part.

She sure is =P~=P~

x50 :-D I know she's a vegetarian though. It would never work out, lol.

so i have been watchin mythbusters and they did the myth of throwing live bullets in a fire. well i thought of memike when i saw it and how he had a close call some time ago. i believe they "busted" it so you can not get shot by a bullet in a fire. well i know you can. is it just me or dose alot of their stuff not add up? i think they could do the experiments better in a lot of situations and get better results. i still like watching it cuz it dose make you think i just wanted to see what you all thought lol

"busted" it so you can not get shot by a bullet in a fire :cheers: True.
I was squatted down and reaching across a small fire and the 22 jacket or something came out of there with hells fury :toothy10:, It bounced across my right side under arm and out my two shirts I had on and stung like a SB :-D
I would guess I was about 12 to 16'' away and right under my face BOOOM!!!.

I watch Myth Busters to and I laughed my AO when they tried to use compressed air to use as a boat motor :toothy10: And I seen them take the top off the wagon going under the truck bed.
The classic on is when they built a balloon out of lead, Or was that aluminum foil. :-D

"busted" it so you can not get shot by a bullet in a fire :cheers: True.
I was squatted down and reaching across a small fire and the 22 jacket or something came out of there with hells fury :toothy10:, It bounced across my right side under arm and out my two shirts I had on and stung like a SB :-D
I would guess I was about 12 to 16'' away and right under my face BOOOM!!!.

I watch Myth Busters to and I laughed my AO when they tried to use compressed air to use as a boat motor :toothy10: And I seen them take the top off the wagon going under the truck bed.
The classic on is when they built a balloon out of lead, Or was that aluminum foil. :-D

They claimed it was lead, now I can't listen too Led Zepplin any more... liars:angry7:

-
Back