Name a movie you DISLIKED that most others really liked

-
the matrix
stupidest movie ever

i couldnt stand the hidden message of that movie, basically, settlers were the bad guys, indians were the good guys
pretty anti American movie if you think about it

any chance the other one is nicolas cage?
if hes in it, i wont even watch it, period

i love horror movies, but they cant be brainless slashers
ever seen a movie called "pandorum" ?

its a scyfi horror, i thought was pretty good
Agree 100% on Avatar.

I don't know about others but the stupidest movie I saw was "Zardoz"
Starring Sean Connery from the mid 70's. The base of operations was a huge hollow stone head, the could fly
On command

Back to the future, easy rider, die hard 2. Die hard 2 has to much foul language. I don't like any science fiction movies. Some of the car chase movies are boring too,

Back to the future, easy rider, die hard 2. Die hard 2 has to much foul language. I don't like any science fiction movies. Some of the car chase movies are boring too,
If you like good car chases
Check out "The French Connection" from the 70's

"Interstellar" with Matthew McConaughey. Dear gawd, the inaudible mumbling that went on was grating on my brain like a wood rasp on teeth down to the nerves.

Star Wars
Lord of the Rings
Godfather

Or any other ridiculously long 3+ part saga.

What non-retired grown man has time to watch that crap? Work on your car!

Pink Floyd The Wall.

Not a Pink Floyd fan at all but squirmed through the entire nonsensical messed up plot, longest 90 minutes of my life.

When the movie ended my buddy says “Let’s watch it again”

I hauled *** outa there…

Pink Floyd The Wall.

Not a Pink Floyd fan at all but squirmed through the entire nonsensical messed up plot, longest 90 minutes of my life.

I hauled *** outa there…
Never seen it, never want to either.

Most movies that are nominated for awards do NOT appeal to me. ******* bullshit foreign films with subtitles can eat my *** too.
I'm not one to gravitate to the Fast and Furious movies either. For all movies, I like a good plot. For scary movies, I need some suspense instead of cheap gore. Historical type period/era type movies can be entertaining if they are reasonably believable. Tombstone was excellent. Ironically, "Wyatt Earp" told a similar story and was released at about the same time yet sucked *** crack.

If they really wanted to do an underdog movie, about Philadelphia.
It should have been about Joe Fraizer, born and raised in phila., and he was a heavyweight champ. Not that chump Stallone, it took the city forever to put up a statue of Joe. If you ever visit here, and I wouldn't suggest it, for personal safety issues. You can find the Stalone monument. Good luck finding Fraizers.
No offense but I'd never go to that junk city.
Yes, if Hollywood could tell real stories joe Frazier would be a great movie.. much better than fresh prince of Bel-Air as Ali

Last edited:
Pink Floyd The Wall.

I hauled *** outa there…

I went to see it at the movie theater. My buddy and I thought the same thing, so about halfway through we went outside and got stoned. Made a lot more sense after that.

Edit: true story!!

Last edited:
I saw about 5 minutes of bone collector but I was completely ripped on mushrooms. The experience sucked I'm not sure about the movie lol.

Star Wars (ALL of them), Harry Potter, superhero movies (except maybe the Batman movies with Christian Bale).

Anything that remotely projects "woke" ideology unless it's a historically accurate film about minorities. When I see an ad for a movie where each character represents a minority with a "strong woman" character along with the token LGBTQ person/people... BARF

I like some foreign films but seems like a lot of Americans go crazy for them just because they're foreign.

Also a lot of Hollywood actors who are pieces of **** now were pretty cool when they were early in their career. DeNiro in Taxi Driver is one that comes to mind, also Al Pacino in Serpico. Can't stand either of them now.

Last edited:
Star Wars , Harry Potter , Titanic , just to name a few .
Those are some biggies. What sort of movies do you like?
the matrix
stupidest movie ever

i couldnt stand the hidden message of that movie, basically, settlers were the bad guys, indians were the good guys
pretty anti American movie if you think about it

any chance the other one is nicolas cage?
if hes in it, i wont even watch it, period

i love horror movies, but they cant be brainless slashers
ever seen a movie called "pandorum" ?

its a scyfi horror, i thought was pretty good
I TOTALLY agree with the Matrix. When I tell people I did not like it, they always say something like, "Oh you just didn't understand it" or "You need to watch it several more times to understand it". What??? If a movie is so hard to understand, what good is it? Plus, what kind of a moron will tell you to go back and see a movie that you did not like several more times.

Beetlejuice, I can't stand that **** yet everyone I know likes it. It has to be the dumbest movie on the planet.

Most of the good entertainers have passed on. I proudly canceled HBO and Show Time because of the garbage on there.

Star Wars (ALL of them), Harry Potter, superhero movies (except maybe the Batman movies with Christian Bale).

Anything that remotely projects "woke" ideology unless it's a historically accurate film about minorities. When I see an ad for a movie where each character represents a minority with a "strong woman" character along with the token LGBTQ person/people... BARF

I like some foreign films but seems like a lot of Americans go crazy for them just because they're foreign.

Also a lot of Hollywood actors who are pieces of **** now were pretty cool when they were early in their career. DeNiro in Taxi Driver is one that comes to mind, also Al Pacino in Serpico. Can't stand either of them now.
Al Pacino, to much foul mouth

superhero movies

Anything that remotely projects "woke" ideology ........... "strong woman" character ...........
Excellent points and I'll address them in order.
1) Superhero movies are OVERplayed. Done. Enough of these cheap and sleazy live action cartoons. These have been a cash cow for the lazy studios so the mindless idiots keep churning them out like episodes of a TV show.
2) Woke ideology themes and anything that portrays white people as aggressors and terrorists is divisive and only causes trouble. I'm not denying that atrocities occurred but opening old wounds never allows them to heal.
3) Yeah....."strong women" ....what the heck is all that? In this world, I respect strong women. I married one.
I understand that women need to feel strong and independent but The entertainment industry has taken it too far. They REmake classic movies using women in the roles where men were and when the movie tanks, they blame MEN for their failures.
Another example....The Walking Dead. I loved that show. I watched every episode numerous times BUT I take exception to their habit of putting women in roles as leaders of people and communities. My contention is that in a savage, uncivilized world, there is no way that women would command enough respect to rule over men. When there are no laws, the strength and ego of men would absolutely prevail. Sure, in a civilized world, women in leadership roles isn't unreasonable. You don't need brute strength to make decisions in the corporate world. Seeing a 110 lb woman ruling over a community is comical.

Matthew McConaughey
Anything with him in it.....I endured Interstellar.....even though I couldn't understand a frigging word he said during the entire movie.

Why and how do these pricks get away with mumbling a movie script????

Also Stallone movies are out for me.....the guy cannot annunciate a single word correctly.

No offense but I'd never go to that junk city.
Yes, if Hollywood could tell real stories joe Frazier would be a great movie.. much better than fresh prince of Bel-Air as Ali
No offensive. The city is a toilet. A lot of history, but it's still an outhouse.
I have property there been selling it off gradually.

-
Back