Not open for further replies.

str12-340

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Contact seller
I believe my earlier thread has been deleted, so here is a thread seeking ID on gaskets and offering them up for the cost of mailing. Some have already been claimed (all the slant 6 stuff).

I still don't know what some of this stuff is. Carpet grommet top right. 3 top gasket sare Magnum water pump gasket, /6 oil pump, /6 water pump gasket. Row 2: ??? water pump gasket, 2 small unknown, BBD 2bbl base gasket (318), choke well gasket (small block)

DSC04259.JPG

Page 2: five round ones on bottom right are O rings.
DSC04264.JPG

since some of Page 2 are thick, I thought this might help
DSC04265.JPG

Blue one is slant six EGR valve gasket. Round ones with the spokes are for small block oil filter plates. The cork and dark paper gaskets about the same size next to each other appear to be for the oil filter 90 degree adapter bolt. Next to the blue slant 6 EGR gasket is a small block oil pump gasket. I THINK the large rubber I rings are for the slant 6 oil pump covers. That's about all I recognize.

The cork and dark paper gaskets about the same size next to each other appear to be for the oil filter 90 degree adapter bolt.
those 2 are exactly the same size OD and ID but they are bigger than the 90 degree adapter bolt (at least on an LA engine)

small block oil pump gasket claimed

still puzzled about the 2 small brown gaskets at the bottom of picture 1 - they must come in every LA rebuilt kit because I have 8 of the 3 hole ones and 7 of the 2 hole ones!!! I'm pretty sure I have never used them on anything!?!?

those 2 are exactly the same size OD and ID but they are bigger than the 90 degree adapter bolt (at least on an LA engine)

small block oil pump gasket claimed

still puzzled about the 2 small brown gaskets at the bottom of picture 1 - they must come in every LA rebuilt kit because I have 8 of the 3 hole ones and 7 of the 2 hole ones!!! I'm pretty sure I have never used them on anything!?!?
In picture one, locate the Carter BBS two barrel mounting gasket. Two gaskets to the left is a small gasket with two different size holes. That gasket seals the emissions tube on later model slant 6 heads.

so here are unclaimed gaskets that members have identified:
picture 1
4 stud BBD 2 bbl carb gasket (on the manifold) for a 318 - bottom right
right of the the carb gasket is a choke well gasket - 2 bolt holes and vaguely "D" shaped hole
left of the carb gasket small gasket with two holes of different sizes - emissions tube gasket for late slant 6 heads.
top left blue water pump gasket is for a Magnum V8

picture 2
blue gasket at the bottom - slant 6 EGR valve gasket
2 big gaskets with 3 spokes - oil filter adapter gasket for straight out mount with metal plate

The rest that are unclaimed are still orphans of unknown parents!

The unknown 2 hole is a gasket for A.I.R pipe that feeds air into exhaust manifold to aid in burning off emissions. Think air pump era.

Balancer dust felt. Some of the thinner ones look like carb to breather gaskets.

1669043541021.png

1669043569176.jpeg

On another note anyone know what the 2 square cardboard cutouts are for in every steering coupler rebuild kit? I found ONE pic of these but Ive seen them in at least 3 kits I've opened.
1669045300489.png

It doesnt seem to be a part of the packing because some come in plastic bags with no cardboard labels.

I've rebuilt lots of these - never saw anything like that come out of one I disassembled nevr used them putting one back together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back