Name this A833.

-

Badart

Reaction score
Can you tell what application this is for just by the pics?

22785716.jpg

22785740.jpg

The truck trannies are basically B/E trannies but being this one is aluminum it looks to be a truck OD.

Chuck

Looks like a Fred to me.

It's a truck/van OD 833 , I think you should call him bleephead.

its not an overdive transmission. if it was the forward shifter arm would be upside down. i have an overdrive transmission from a truck/van in my shed.

Measure the front bearing retainer, if it's 5 1/8" it's an O/D trans out of a truck, if it's smaller than 5" it would be a non O/D B body trans. Someone might have put the 3-4 shift lever on backwards. Also the rear shifter mount pad isn't drilled which leads me to believe its a truck O/D trans.

daliant is correct on the rearshifter mount,i just went out and checked my truck/van od 4 speed...
My rear shifter mounts are NOT threaded either my casting # on transmission is C-B546-B front shifter lever stamped 067/OD....rear shifter lever stamped 056 ....bottom shift lever stamped 191 Tailstock casting C-99531
The front IBR ring is as dalaint said, 5 and an 1/8.....and the casting on that is C1357

I get a transmission like that of a Mirada, it's O/D, is the aluminum casing. I use in my charger 70 with big block, can use high rear end (3:54, 4:10 etc.) and to compensate for high engine rpm at high speed.
image29u.jpg

The tranny is a regular 833 four speed for a small block V8.If you notice on the passenger side you havea flat spot on the bell housing,that shows its for a small block.All O/D trannies have a the forward lever pionting down due to the gear change inside.The tail housing is set up for either B/E body,but only 1 set of holes is drilled.If its a O/D tranny you would have a 5 1/8 front bearing retainer,this looks to be alot smaller.The passenger side has a stamping pad with all the info needed to ID the tranny.Sand it down and post it,I will tell you what the info is and explain it to you,mrmopartech
Picture 1, is the stamping pad with all the info on it,last 8 digits of the VIN number,origanal tranny.And the build number to ID the unit.
Picture 2,This is a O/D unit,note the shifter levers.
Picture 3,complete O/D unit for B/E cars

DSC02182.jpg

DSCN0399.jpg

833 OD 1.jpg

-
Back