Narrowing Dana 60??

-

Nitrous340Dart

Reaction score
SO, I have a Dana 60 that i'm going to chop the ends off and weld on new Mopar ends and assemble the rear end so i can just bolt it in. It's going to have inboarded springs soon.
I was wondering is other people have done this and what measurements do they have?? About how far away should i stay from the frame rail should i be? Is the pinion off set from the center of the housing? And if so by how much?

Thanks for your time

SO, I have a Dana 60 that i'm going to chop the ends off and weld on new Mopar ends and assemble the rear end so i can just bolt it in. It's going to have inboarded springs soon.
I was wondering is other people have done this and what measurements do they have?? About how far away should i stay from the frame rail should i be? Is the pinion off set from the center of the housing? And if so by how much?

Thanks for your time

Stock A-Body Width from backing plate to backing plate is 52 5/8.It is 1 1/4 offset to the right tube longer.

E-mail me for more info.

SS

:cheers:You might be sorry if you don't tub the car. If your not racing the car there is no need for a 60, other than you had one laying around? You will loose horsepower with it! Walt:burnout:

:cheers:You might be sorry if you don't tub the car. If your not racing the car there is no need for a 60, other than you had one laying around? You will loose horsepower with it! Walt:burnout:

YOU DO NOT need to tub your car to have a DANA in it.I have had SEVERAL cars I put Danas in that was STOCK wheel wells 68 Dart with a 9" tire and WHEEL WELL TRIM.HEMI running 10's.
DO NOT tub your car to please somebody else.

SS

When I put the dana in my dart I cut the housing so that both axel's were the same length, made ordering new axel's alot simpler:burnout:

This is not going to be a street cruiser. My last dart (1967 2-dr post) was mini tubed, inboarded leafs, subframe connectors, sheet metal trunk, and no interior. I had a mild 340 with an auto, it did alright.

For my 68 i plan on doing the same thing. Mini tub, inboard leafs, sub-frame connectors, and most likely a sheet metal truck. The same 340 but this time its getting billet 4 bolt mains, Eagle rods, Mopar crank, Custom 11.5:1 Venolia piston set up to handle a 350 shot, heavily re-reworked Edelbrock heads, Custom ground K-Motion solid roller cam (.640ish lift and 260ish dur.=P~) Nitrous Express giggle juice and a 4-speed.

Doing a Dana 60 cause i haven't done one yet, its different, i got one for free and I FEEL LIKE IT8)

You guys are funny.... of course you dont need to tub a car to run a 60, why do you think i want to tub the car...? Maybe to fit bigger tires!!:cheers:
Next you guys are going to tell me i can only run a 60 if i have a 440 or a hemi.
you guys need to quit complaining if someone is building something different then your idea of norm.

You guys are funny.... of course you dont need to tub a car to run a 60, why do you think i want to tub the car...? Maybe to fit bigger tires!!:cheers:
Next you guys are going to tell me i can only run a 60 if i have a 440 or a hemi.
you guys need to quit complaining if someone is building something different then your idea of norm.

Uh....Uh....Uh...You Mean to tell me that I DON'T have to have a HEMI in my Race car to have the 9 3/4 Dana 60 in it?Holy cow I thought that was the ONLY reason they made a Dana 60......Jeez....Now I'm gonna put them in ALL my cars.That way I can Burn Rubber in them and race them....he he he

SS

-
Back